Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Launcher doesn't open/ crashes  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
peacexlovexstp

Whenever I try to open the launcher, it doesn't do anything, or an error message pops up. I've tried every suggestion people gave me, and none of them work. Can anyone help?

Nichaedemus

Hi,

What is the exact error message displayed when running the launcher?

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
peacexlovexstp

It says "Error: Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working" or something like that. I can't get a picture because it refuses to do anything now.

Jodi22

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling a new EADM? What worked for me. I uninstalled the EADM then made sure I had the latest version of adobe air. I then reinstalled the EADM and now launcher is fine

Sakerrrr

i dont know if it s related or not but since i ve updated EA downloader my launcher crashes like mad too ,it's pretty annoying when you are trying to install or uninstall stuff and it crashes and when it does i need to kill sims 3 launcher in the task manager under process and not in applications then try to uninstall stuff
Nichaedemus

First, reboot the computer. It is advised that you run the launcher as an Administrator especially if you are using Vista or Windows 7. If you have not done so already, it is strongly advised that you update the .NET Framework to version 3.5 SP1 which can be done via Windows Update in your Start menu taskbar (use the Custom option). This Windows component is required by the game launcher and EADM to function properly. You can check which version of the Framework you have installed by going into Add or Remove Programs.

If you are running Windows 7, make certain the .NET Framework component is turned on. To do this open the control panel, then open Programs and Features, and then in the left column choose Turn Windows Features On or Off. You will see .NET Framework 3.5.1 displayed – if the corresponding box is not checked, click on the box once to checkmark it.

Another thing to try is to run EADM first before running the launcher. If EADM is already running, try quitting it before running the launcher.

If none of the above works, you can try removing your player data files before relaunching the game. To do so, navigate to the following location:

Documents/Electronic Arts

Now move (not copy) the folder named The Sims 3 to your desktop. Attempt to run the game.

It is also advised that you disable any background tasks or processes (firewall, anti-virus, scheduled OS maintenance, etc.) that might be interfering with the launcher. Instructions can be found in the following link:

http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_a
dp.php?p_faqid=10700

The following may also be of help:

From SimGuru_BGY_11:
Let's try this, also:

1. Click Start or press the Windows key and R, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
2. Click on Startup.
3. Select disable All.
4. Click on Services.
5. Check the box that says Hide All Microsoft Services, then Disable All.
6. Apply, then restart your system.

-Big Guy-

Doing this will eliminate most of what might be interfering with the launcher running properly on a software level. After you are done playing the game repeat the above procedure, this time using the Enable All buttons to turn services and startup items back on.

You can also try bypassing the launcher by running the game executable directly:

Base Game
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe
Or:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe

World Adventures (EP1)
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\TS3EP01.exe
Or:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\TS3EP01.exe

High-End Loft (SP1)
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin\TS3SP01.exe
Or:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin\TS3SP01.exe

Ambitions (EP2)
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\TS3EP02.exe
Or:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\TS3EP02.exe

Fast Lane Stuff (SP2)
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff\Game\Bin\TS3SP02.exe
Or:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff\Game\Bin\TS3SP02.exe

The file paths shown are for default installations only. To make launching the game easier and faster, it is recommended that you create a shortcut to the executable file and place the shortcut on the desktop. If and when you have installed other expansions, the executable file of the most recent expansion is used to run the game.

If you require further assistance, can you include the following information please?

• Products installed
- Base Game
- World Adventures
- High-End Loft Stuff
- Ambitions
- Fast Lane Stuff

Version of each product which can be found by opening the skuversion.txt file
- These are located in the corresponding folder for Base Game and/or Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs
* Example: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
* Example: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
- The important information to include in your post is the first line of the Text document that reads: Gameversion = 1.12.70.006001

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
Jodi22

Sakerrrr wrote:i dont know if it s related or not but since i ve updated EA downloader my launcher crashes like mad too ,it's pretty annoying when you are trying to install or uninstall stuff and it crashes and when it does i need to kill sims 3 launcher in the task manager under process and not in applications then try to uninstall stuff

If you have windows 7, the windows 7 firewall is having conflict with the new EADM
Shut that firewall off this may help you. I had a crash and widows firewall blocked the EADM.

lbomacaroni

That was the problem that I had today.

For a temporary fix, go into your program files, find the EA folder, click on your latest expansion (or base game, if you haven't bought any of the expansions), game folder, bin folder, and there should be an application icon you can click on. The name of it should be something like "TS3EP02". Hope that helps

Not sure what you could do for a permanent fix. I tried the recommended things and that didn't work for me.
ShreddedMasques

yeah this just happened to me after i installed a recent update. i havent played sims 3 in months so i figured it would be a good idea to update the software...apparently not lol cuz now my game launcher just freezes up and wont load. i tried rebooting my computer..i really dont want to go through the hassle of saving all my fams and reinstalling my game and exps.

ShreddedMasques

lbomacaroni wrote:That was the problem that I had today.

For a temporary fix, go into your program files, find the EA folder, click on your latest expansion (or base game, if you haven't bought any of the expansions), game folder, bin folder, and there should be an application icon you can click on. The name of it should be something like "TS3EP02". Hope that helps

Not sure what you could do for a permanent fix. I tried the recommended things and that didn't work for me.

yes, thank you, this helped, now i can play i hope ill still be able to upload things to the exchange :/

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: