Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Matkooskee. Updated and ready for download. (New link included). HELS Required. Nov 4th, 2010  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Johnnywr

Matkooskee is an medium sized island world featuring all the rabbit-hole buildings, Ambitions lots and three Late Night friendly bars (updated Nov. 4th, 2010). There are 91 lots, comprising 50 residential lots (33 houses ready to move in) and 40 community lots. Lot sizes vary from 15x20 to 64x64 and most standard lot sizes (World Editor) can be found. There are 10 starter homes under S16,500. The number of cribs (if indeed a house has a crib) is mentioned in the residential lot details.

I created all the lots myself although I used EA`s Consignment Store (granted, with a exterior recolour). I used two houses from my previous world Saskan Harbour, all other lots were created with Matkooskee in mind.

Matkooskee was created with the Base game/ World Adventures/ High-end Loft Stuff/ Ambitions and Fast Lane in mind, if you have all these, you will see Matkooskee as it should be seen. Just to update and clarify an issue some people have experienced trying to install Matkooskee, it seems you must have HELS stuff pack to install Matkooskee, else it will not install. Sorry. No CC was used, although I have succumbed in a few lots to using store purchased items.

All base game spawners are included.

Link to download Newest Version of Matkooskee (Nov. 4th, 2010)
http://www.mediafire.com/?y9wl9bz05pi1mkf
File size: 90MB

I have removed a High End Loft Stuff Pack item which was causing some people problems installing Matkooskee, so this should not be an issue, but in case I have forgotten anything and if you experience problems installing Matkooskee (for example, you do not have HELS stuff pack), DOLLDRMS1 discovered the problem and it`s solution.
"It is the pre order HELS bonus platinum record. I have HELS but I didn't have that pre order bonus and was happy to get it. From the posts, though, it looks like it will mean that people have to have HELS installed to install the world unless the item is removed from the .sims3pack.
Custard is very easy to use. All that is necessary to remove the HELS bonus is to open the .sims3pack with Custard, uncheck the item and hit save. After that the file should easily install".
Link to Custard on page 4 (thanks Pary).

A brief history of Matkooskee...

Matkooskee is an island twelve miles off the coast of Maine in northeast USA. First settled by the family of Nathaniel James in 1760, the island switched allegiance between the burgeoning United States of America and Great Britain many times during the wars of independence, finally accepting itself as part of the newly formed state of Maine in 1820.

It is rumoured the island was a hub of piracy and a refuge to criminals, though no-one has ever proved this to be true. Over the years Matkooskee has remained a sleepy island community on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean and nowadays tourism and fishing are it`s main source of income.

Some images of Matkooskee

No palm trees were used or harmed during the creation of Matkooskee.

I forgot to do this when I first posted, but I really must say a big, big thank you to the mighty Rflong7 (a constant inspiration and always willing to help), BSIRegina (I used a couple of her custom textures in Matkooskee, thanks Regina), Drowssap (for helpful advice and our mutual love of good/bad horror movies), Water_cat1 (for custom road help), Auntielynds (her custom textures/effects thread compilation was a constant source of information, like a little box of goodies) and last, but not least, all the Simmers of CAW Lane for putting a smile on my face during the "I don`t want to do this anymore" stages of Matkooskee`s creation

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at 12/13/10 07:38 PM

DutchySim

I am so excited to see this lovely world for the first time in my game. I am downloading as we speak. I just know it will be just as great as Saskan harbour.

Johnnywr

DutchySim, my fingers are crossed you like it.

DutchySim

I love it! Love it! Love it!

There is so much detail and the landscaping is beautiful! Every community lot is perfect. There is enough room for late night. Really I wish my English was better, so I could express myself better. hehe.

I really like the holiday park and your beach area's are great. The only wish I have is that I could live there myself.
I am so jealous of your building skills.
Great job and thank you for this world.
I know I am going to play this one for many months.
Kittycattylion

Location: In the third book, tapping The Fire Nation's crown prince in the most inappropriate of ways.

I'm definitely going to try this one out.

Rukaya

Oh yes, I thought I would check before I left for the library. I will down load it now and play it when I get back. Oh this is going to be so much fun.
Johnnywr

Thanks DutchySim, Kittycattylion and of course, Rukaya.

I hope you all enjoy Matkooskee.

TiffanyTuddles

At the moment, I only have the base game and Amibitions - can I still play with this world? It looks really lovely and I'm dying to download it.
DarkMirage

It's nice to see the unveiling of your newest world Johnny. I am sure it is as great as SH, I can't wait to try it out. It's downloading now.

Johnnywr

TiffanyTuddles, yes, I think you can still play Matkooskee with only Base Game and Ambitions, some trees will be replaced by oak trees and some items will either be replaced with default base game items or will simply be missing. It won`t look the same, but I think it should still function.
It`s up to you though.

DM, I can only hope you enjoy some time in Matkooskee, I know it won`t be everybody`s cup of tea, and as Late Night approaches I know it will most probably take a backseat to Bridgeport. Still, it`s out there now and that`s the main thing.
No more fir tree nightmares for me, I hope, fingers crossed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/22/10 05:30 PM

Rflong7

It looks wonderful, Johnny

simbody872

Hooray! It looks fabulous! I've been lurking around waiting for it! Downloading it right now~

roxs

Wow! This is a beautiful world. Love the terrain paint, vegetation, reminds me of my birthplace in Michigan, USA. Definately one of the best worlds I've seen. You should make EAs!

simbody872

opps!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/22/10 06:40 PM

drowssap

yes! finally i get free time and you've released it! going to download it now!
gosh iv been busy, had a biol exam today so glad to have a week free

cant wait to have a look around! !

btw i saw the film altitude that was quite odd, waiting for 'my soul to take' to come out

My fingertips are holding onto the cracks in our foundation,
And I know that I should let go, but I can't.

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: