Joined: 06/05/09 10:41 PM
Welcome to the Walden95 Post Directory. Here you can browse posts and or suggest one to add. This specific post in the directory is the table of continents. It will list all the Main Sections and Sub-sections in this post. Links to those specific areas are provided. But before you do anything, please read the rest below. Also, if are new to the Sims 3 site, check out the Newcomers section. It will help you with just about everything from activities on the forum, explaining all the features of this site, and more!
KEY - Recommended
[OS] - Off site (Not on thesims3.com)
[Blog] - In the form of a blog
[Story] - In the form of a story
[Video] - In the form of a video
[YouTube] - In the forum of an off site youtube video (on youtube.com)
- Cleaning and reorganizing broken and incorrect links
- Explanations will be edited or rewritten to a more formal, direct, and accurate style
- Many other minor changes
- Update to be completed eventually It's a very minor one but one that is sure to be very helpful. This update incorporates a better search feature than that of this forum. This search feature uses the Google search engine. Currently, testing and tweaking is in progress. Here is the BETA Version. This new feature may also grow to encompass the Exchange too!
- Having Trouble finding a specific thread that fits your needs? Please type in "CTRL+F" (this should open the search page feature of your browser). Type in key words related to what you are looking for and it will assist you.
- Please post politely and under the guidelines of the Forum Rules.
- If you come across a problem/error such as a dead link on this directory, please please post the problem and so that attempts to fix the problem can be made. These things take up space and make scrolling through the page harder.
- If you happen to want to request a topic to be added, please feel free to and follow the instructions in the Application Forum below so that it will be included.
If you would like to add a topic to this directory, please follow the instructions below so that your post will be processed and added as soon as possible. Just about all requests will be accepted as long as they are appropriate for this site and follow the Forum Rules. To request, fill out the forum below and copy it and post it in a post; I would appreciate it if you filled it out in this manner.
1 - Title of the thread
2 - A brief description of how you want the thread to be described (1-3 lines)
3 - The link to the topic that you wish to be added
4 - The post's expiration date (EX: a challenge end date); If not please answer "none"
5 - Any extra material you feel is important
Joined: 06/05/09 10:41 PM
This section relies almost solely on you to help provide information on leaks. In time, this section will grow to help newcomers, and people thinking about buying an expansion choose weather or not it would be best. I will include all the features or at least links to helpful post to help you decide. Thank you.
1 - Intro Welcome to the Sims 3 community! Here, we have much to offer. Now this section is not just about the directory, it is meant to help you and other people alike become familiar and become a part of the community. Before you do anything, you must read the Forum Rules. Around here, the rules are final but as long as you follow them, you won't have to worry much.
Okay, now that you have read the rules, I can begin explaining all the things that this site has to offer. Let's get started.
► Your Page Your page is yourself. Feel free to blog about the game and share your gaming experiences. Please be aware the you should not give away any personal information. Other than blogging and sharing a story or two, you may add friends by going to other people's pages and clicking the "add as friend" button above their avatar. Although you can add people as friends, you may not private message them as this feature is disabled. You may also add an avatar by going to the "edit profile" button above your avatar. From there, you may choose from a list of custom avatars or use a custom advantage from your game. But to use a custom avatar, you must fist upload it onto the exchange. There are also many other features that allow you to customize your page further such as adding traits. (Click the "edit profile" button and scroll down to the section to do this) If you are having too much trouble with friend requests or do not want anyone you see your account, you may make it private. To do this, click the "My Account" button above your avatar, then "Site Preferences", and finally select private on "My Page Privacy Settings". You are done and ready to customize!
► Get Creative! You can upload just about anything that you make in the game on to the site for other people to download. You can upload lots, Sims, and objects. Here on the site, you can even make movies and stories for others to read. If you don't know where to begin, why not check the exchange to get some ideas or, and download an interesting find. However, If you can't find anything that you would like to download, there are some simmers on the forum who will actually take your request and build if for you! Just check the Request a Creation section in this directory!
► Need more content in your game? This site also helps you in this area too. Remember those free Simpoints you got in your game but don't know what they were for? Or don't know some great custom content sites? You have come to the right place. Let's begin with the store. First of all if you check in the main toolbar at the top of this page, you will find "The Store" button. You can click that or alternatively click here to go there. Now don't just go spending all of your points at once. Listen up because I have a few tricks for getting the most for your points. One of them is custom content which is not illegal an is usually free. However, I'm not there yet so be patient. In this directory, you will find a section named Other. In there, there is a link to a post called the Free Stuff, Sales, Offers at the Sims 3 Store!. Go there to find all the free stuff in the store without having to scroll through pages. It saves time. Another method is to wait for sales that will come by every few months. In these sales, you can buy objects for as low as 10 SimPoints! What a great deal!(helpful tip) Finally we come to custom content! Now I'm sure that many of you have seen what others have done. You might have said, "Where did she get that hair, or those cloths?" Well, it's all custom content. Lucky, there are posts that link to custom content sites and tell what you will find in them. If you are having trouble, there is a included directing to a post that goes step by step on installing it since it can be a tricky process. Click here to go to the custom content section in the directory! Before you begin, be forewarned that some custom content can be very damaging to the game; check comments first on them and play it safe. Hope this helps.
► The Exchange The exchange is a place where you and I may upload creations onto this site. Please note that there are not any custom content objects for download there. However, there can be custom content included within a download whether it comes in a lot or on a Sim. This can either be good or bad. It is highly recommended to view this thread and learn on how to prevent very damaging custom content that is very hard to get rid of.
When downloading, your creations do not go directly into your game. you must go on your launcher and into its download section, check mark the file and install it. Also note that items from the store or and expansion packs or stuff packs will be listed as premium items on the right. Those items will not be download into your game but will be replaced with similar objects that you already have.
You may find an object with custom content, but the custom content won't be in your game when you download. Unless you already have the same custom content downloaded, this can mess up a few graphic effects. Nothing big will happen to harm your game, but it can be annoying. When you try to upload to the exchange, the file will first go to your launcher. From there, check mark your creation and press the upload button to bring it up on this site. Other people will be able to download your creations and recommend them in your studio on your page or on the exchange.
► Three Things That You Should Know Before Posting Now these are important tips, so listen up. As stated before, you must know the forum rules of this site. They will help you in the long run, I'm sure. The second thing that you should know is what is posted in this thread (Posting 101: A Guide to Being Successful on the Forums). The last thing that you should know is which category should post topics in. (Read next section for more info on where to post topics)
► What category should I post which topics in? Now if you haven't really looked at the form index, now might be a good time to read all the headings and subheadings. Though, they may not be too specific, they set the general area for a certain topic. In this section I will attempt to cover what is right for posting.
Welcome Welcome This section lists information about the forum for newcomers.
General Discussion General Discussion (EN) A general place to post topics, however if a topic better fits in another category, post it there because things move fast in this section.
Technical Discussions (EN) If you use a PC and are having any troubles with your game, this would be the best section to post your problem and seek answers.
Mac Discussions If you are a mac and have troubles, this would be the best section for your to post your problem.
iPhone & Mobile Discussions If you have this game on your mobile phone (any phone weather an iPhone, iPod Touch, or other), this is the best place to post stuff about it. Here, you can seek answers for problems using the phone version, find tips and more.
Technical Discussion (EN) Have an issue with the store that is not listed in the Store/Welcome area? This would be the place to post that sort of topic.
Expansion Packs Each area in this section should have one of the expansion packs released. Feel free to talk about any of those in the right subsection whether it is tiring to find an answer to a problem or sharing a cool tip.
Stuff Packs Similar to the expansion packs in which each area in this section should have one of the stuff packs released. Feel free to talk about almost anything related to the stuff packs listed in the right subsection.
Game Tools Create a World Building a world, want to advertise one, want to look for one, or just need a little help? This would be the right section to check out and do so.
Create a Pattern A place to showcase your favorite patterns, give a few tips, and everything pattern-like.
Community Creative Corner If you found a cool lot or want to show off it, or have a nice building tip, or want a build request fulfilled, this would be the place to post.
Stories and Legacies Here is where you should you post stories about what happened in your game or any legacy that you have created. (See 'The Legacy Challenge Rules' to find out what a legacy is)
Sims and Modeling Have a modeling competition or want to show off your Sims? Here is the place to do it.
Ideas & Feedback This is the place to go when you have a unique idea for the game or just want to give a comment on your gaming experience of it. Even-though you may not receive a response form the SimGurus to your ideas or comments, they are there diligently jotting down notes and taking everything into consideration. However, please do not post anything that may raise the game rating to M because it is against the forum rules.
Possible Bugs Found a bug that came with the game you bought or a patch that you installed? Please tell us everything about it so EA can cook up a fix for it. the sooner the better.
The Rest This next main section is different for different nationalities. As to not confuse any, I'm refraining from listing any more in this section.
► Announcements, Stickies, and Locked Threads Ever notice those posts at the top of the forum and don't know why they are there, or why you can't access a thread? Don't worry, Walden95 has got answers. Stickies are helpful or important threads that were chosen by the SimGurus (This Site's Gurus)because of those quality's. You may have noticed that Compendium of Information of information is a sticky. See how it really is a helpful thread? Okay, lets move on. Now announcements are important updates that let us know about site updates ahead of time, and other important news. Moving on to locked threads, every now and then, you will see one or two. They may either be part of a sticky/announcement meant to prevent posting, or set up because a post or too many people broke the forum rules. Deleted posts are caused by even greater disruptive behavior.
► Forum Bugs No site is perfect and this one hosts many bugs. Often when this site gains an additional feature, new bugs arise. These bugs can affect the forum where posts can appear out of order. Other bugs can cause sections of the site to disappear and reappear. So, don't be too alarmed, it's usual. However, don't think that EA isn't working on it, they preform routine site maintenance.
► Signatures Ever see a cool signature that's at the bottom of a post? You can do it too. Now, I don't have any fancy software so I can't give tips on how to make stuff, but I will give tips on how to place it and how you can use it on the forum. First of all, you are going to have to upload it to the internet. I suggest that you use TinyPic because it's free, you can upload an unlimited number of times, and that you can edit it right on the site. After you are finished uploading, you need to grab the picture's web address. You can do this by right clicking an image and selecting "copy image location". Try that with the example provided below and paste it into the blank box.
The address should be the same as this one.
Now that you have got your image location, go on the Sims forum and click on " My Preferences". From there, scroll down to signatures and paste your image's site address in. Now you are not done yet, you need to code it. No, this step is not hard. I'll show you. Remember that image that you work with above. Let's get back to that. Now this site uses the [img] code for images, so you will need to place that in front of the image and behind it. Look at the example provided below.
Now if you do all of that correctly, your image will show up. Another tip that I suggest, is that you try to keep your Signatures no more then 100 pixels in height. This is because in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safri, and on other internet search providers, signatures of more then that dimension are automatically are cut off.
Joined: 06/05/09 10:41 PM
Needing help building something? Game Guides and Tutorials might be able to help you. There are a few useful threads and clips here that do show how to bypass issues or little annoying such as building a garage on a home with a foundation. Feel free to search and scan thought them and post a few if you discovered some too.
● Need help with WA? I am here to help! - By cowseatsoap91 A Blog on blogspot dedicated to making a walk-throughs for World Adventures. It provides step by step instructions on how to complete tombs and missions in the expansion pack. If you would like to give feedback on how he is doing, please click here.
● Sims 3 Reference - By xXSims3XxX This topic to help everyone whether old or new. It is a Sim dictionary to help you find out about a certain skill, or job, and and much more!
● Sunset Valley Map - By XOX1 A map of Sunset Valley which lists street names and may help you get around.
● The Death and Ghost Guide - By kylemesa A guide on just about everything about ghosts in the game. How to get them, Questions about them, and just about everything else.
● Building Garages on Foundation Homes [Video] - By MarioSim05 Have you ever built your Sim a mansion on foundations and decided to include an attached garage but couldn't? Fear no more, there is a tutorial out there that can help.
● Double basement tutorial [Video] - By DeathSoldier11 Ever need that extra bit of space, but didn't have it? Your towers are too tall and your lot is too small. You have already dug below, but have you dug deep enough? This movie tutorial explains how to build 2 story basements.
● How To Make An Underwater Room! [Story] - By YleniaGrech Ever want to build a house just below the water? One that you could just look out the window and see the fishes? Now you can too, but just don't open any windows.
► Bridge Tutorials ● How To: Create a short arched bridge [Story] - By Feldynn how do Sims get from one side to the other while looking stylish? They build an arched bridge. Learn how to build one by clicking this tutorial.
● How To Make A Business/Office Desk [Story] - By ToxicLips Ever want to feel powerful? Now you can with this mighty business desk tutorial. Make your friends envy you while you sit back and sip on your cup of coffee.
● How To - Roof Jump Tutorial [Video] - By baconandeggzie Perfect for films and the big-screen, jumping roofs was previously only possible for those daredevils. Now, with the help of special effects and simple tips wrapped up in one video, this is possible for any Sim to archive. Just imagine, your Sim on the Big-screen. Who would have thought such a thing could be possible?
● Slanted floor tile roof tutorial [Story] - By jisgr8 Ever bored of those boxy buildings in town? Need some uniqueness in your area? This story tutorial fixes your problem by changing those boxes into triangles. Stack them next to each other and you get a really unique roof.
● The Photography Journal - By musicmom11 A list of all the collections in the Photography Journal that can be printed out so you won't have to interrupt your game to check each category individually; it is keeps keeping track of the photo journal easier.
Joined: 06/05/09 10:41 PM
Custom Content or CC as it is referred to most of the time on the forums is extra content made by the community for the game. These extra creations may be able to give that extra kick to your creations to make them look just right. One word of advisory is that Custom Content and any mods that you install into your game can cause it to run slowly and make the game unplayable; so read those comments and read-me documents thoroughly to before installing to avoid any conflicts.
Categories 1 - How to install Custom Content
2 - Custom Content lists
3 - Other
2 - Custom Content lists ● Custom Creation Links! - By scilly Don't know any CC sites, but want some CC in your game? Just click this link and it will list a lot of em. It also lists which site is the best for specific things such as hair.
● Dolphinz2121's Best Sites for CC - By dolphinz2121 This guide shows some of dolphinz2121's personal favorite sites for CC, as well as other simmers' too. The guide includes detailed explanations about each site, as well as warnings about where donation items are found.
Joined: 06/05/09 10:41 PM
Some of the very generous and creative community members of this forum have taken their time to help refine your creations the way you want them to be or build one from scratch. Be patient and nice, they are doing this for you.
Categories 1 - Houses
2 - Sims
3 - Houses and Sims
4 - Signature makers
5 - Other
Joined: 06/05/09 10:41 PM
Bored with your game? How about taking a challenge or competition for a little extra fun. You could also take time to read or try to replay in your own game some of these awesome legacies that others put on the boards.
Categories 1 - Competitions
2 - Challenges
3 - Legacies
4 - Legacies not on the forum
● Sims 3 Team Building Challenge - By KittKat7147 Like to build? Need a creative challenge? Team up with other creators to design an amazing lot. The Sims 3 Team Building Challenge teams an architect, an interior designer, and a landscaper together, and tasks them with a building challenge. Challenges run for two weeks with a week off for new team creation. Join us today!
● The Dynasty Gaming Experience for TS3 - By thesimdeej33 As some of you may know, “The Dynasty” is about Choices and a Way of Playing your Sim and Sim Families. It’s a Challenge in a number of ways depending on your play style, whether its either Extreme, General Classic, Holiday, etc. So, check by and take the challenge.
● The Rivera Legacy - By aquahorse11 A legacy that starts with Anthony Rivera; a Virtuoso, Perfectionist, Party Animal, Natural Cook, and a schmoozer whose lifetime wish is to become a Hit Movie Composer.
Joined: 06/05/09 10:41 PM
Have a great creation that you would like to share, or better search for one of them? Want to help put your creations out there weather houses to world to entertaining videos and interesting photos of the game. Look no further but the ad threads.
Categories 1 - Ad Posts
2 - Picture Threads
3 - Other
1 - Ad Posts ● W O R L D I N D E X - links and info on worlds released or in the works - By Rflong13 So many great worlds and not enough time to keep track on them all! This is a hotlist where you will find available and upcoming worlds. The index provides a few facts on each world, with a link to the world's thread where the creator will post news on progression as well as calls for testing and feedback.
● Sims Fleamarket! - By Twilightlover96 Are you tired of spending hours creating beautiful lots and clothes only so that no one sees them or downloads them? Well now you can add the link to your creation right here so that everyone on the forums can see it!!!
● The Gallery of Homes - By dolphinz2121 Anyone can post their best homes in one of the categories. It serves as both advertising for good builders and a thread to help people looking for that perfect home.
3 - Other ● 'Showcasing Your Lots' Workshop - By fidlerten Do you have a house that just doesn't seem to make it on the exchange but you don't know why? "'Showcasing your Lots' Workshop is an open thread that you can post your work on and get help from other builders. Join Us!
● Shout-out Thread: Want to tell someone what you think of their work? - By Mmyoko If you've seen someone's work you really like, and want to tell them how you feel about their work - simply post a message on this thread telling them what exactly you liked about a particular persons work and why. Because we all know it feels good to get great feedback about a creation.
This message was edited 18 times. Last update was at 06/20/11 09:55 PM
1 - General Ideas ● Classical Sim Game forum section - By Walden95 Remember the past Sim games and how we used to talk about them on the old forums? Let's revive discussion and interest in these classic games, with a new forum-subcategory that could go under Off-Topic. This post also includes a Video library of the complete Sim series.
1 - Forum Games ● Food Fight 3 - By Walden95 Stop by and join the fight. Join a team and battle against other Simmers in food battles in Sunset Valley, Riverview, and The School Cafeteria. (New locations will be added a with the Release of World Adventures EP)
● Da Mega Poll - By Walden95 Well, it's more like a survey. An automatic survey which you can view percentages of responses. You can also post a request for a new poll if you wish. So be a voter, Vote Today!