Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims keep gettting stuck in bed.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
MUM2ASH

Both my Elder and Child keep getting stuck when I put them to bed.

They sort of float half in and half out of the bed. I can not get them to do any other actions and there are no icons showing for their current action.

I've tried the resetsim and it works for a while but then they still act odd during the day and don't really do what I set them to. Then when they go to bed next night they get stuck again.

I've tried moving them to another house but have the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated as these are my 4th generation and i've got a lot of money so I don't want to start again.

The problems only started happening after the child changed from a toddler.

I've not used any cheats other than the resetsim and I've tried removing all installed content that I downloaed from the sims exchange.

I'm running on a windows 7 machine and nothing has change
Vivian54

This just happened in my game when the were going to woo hoo. You can not reset sim either.

Vivian54
crinrict

When you moved, did you take the bed with you or is it a different bed that happened with ?

MUM2ASH

When I moved I didn't take anything with me so it was a new bed.

I noticed that the glitch happens as soon as their sleep requirements are fulfilled and they should be getting up.
Amaya_Animoto

I was able to fix this by moving the family to another house and deleting the other lot. However, when I did this my map view started to get all glitchy... I don't know if they would get stuck again if I put them in a new bed though... I'm thinking since this seems recent that maybe it's because of the new patch? I didn't do anything out of the ordinary =S. Except one of my sims did go to bed with a sim with max muscle tones and muscles... it ties in with the patch update so maybe =S
masaruchan

hey! i also get this problem.. my sims are vampire and they have a vampire baby
when i resetsim.. they stuck on the air... i mean they sleep on the air and can't move.. i can't reset them..
i tried to delete the save , and use the backup file, but the problem not fixed.. 2days agos (game time) they stuck again....
i am using window xp.. i think it isn't computer problem..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/30/10 11:25 AM

hanyo

I just posted about this in technical forum. The same thing is happening to me.

I have 3 sims in 2 different beds that this is happening to.

At first I thought it might be a vampire related glitch but one of the sims is a human, all three are young adult.

I don't know what to do. It keeps happening and resetsim doesn't always work. I even had to use moveobjects once already to get my vampire sim out of the sun. I'm going to have to do that again if I want to play at all.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 10/30/10 07:54 PM

Amaya_Animoto

the 2nd pic is exactly what happened to me and funny enough the guy had the same hair style. Now I have a graphic triangle problem -.-''
Bobby99

My Sims are also getting stuck when I try to direct them to sleep. ResetSim does work, but every time I tell them to sleep, they get stuck again. They can nap on couches, but not for long. Soon they'll pop up in another room in the house. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?
krdavis91

I am having the same problem with Sims getting stuck floating in bed. Also, some of my Sims will be sleeping peacefully, then all of a sudden will be kicked out of bed and suddenly appear downstairs in their living room. I'll have to direct them back upstairs to bed, but this has been happening 3-4 times a night and they haven't been able to sleep.

Something similar is happening when I send my Sims to school/work. They will go, then a few hours later they will be randomly kicked out of work (without receiving a paycheck) and end up standing around the front door of their work building (or the school). Sometimes I can just direct them to go back to work, but usually I have to use resetsim because they are completely unresponsive to commands after this happens.

These issues started for me right after I installed the latest update. I'm not sure of a fix but I would be very very very grateful to the person who comes up with one!
crinrict

Ok. lets find out if there are any regularities to this:

1. What Sims are involved (normal, vampires, ..) ?
2. Which bed is involved ?
3. Which hood are you seeing this ?
4. Are you using ANY cc beds at all (also Store)
5. Are you using ANY mods (or have used with this savegame) ?
6. Is this an existing savegame or a new one ?
7. Does this happen when you save while the sim is sleeping.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/09/10 11:05 AM

invictus22

I have normal (not vampire) adult sims, two of them, who keep getting stuck in bed. It started just after I started playing NL. I played one family through two generations, and they had six kids, so it was a full house, with no problems whatsoever, only that it was taking a ridiculous amount of time to get from one place to another in the city - i figured that's just a normal cost of playing in such a busy area. Then, I started a new family, the two-person one, and once they got to about level 8 of their careers, the bed thing started happening. I got so frustrated, I deleted it after hours and hours of gameplay, and remade the family starting with the saved version in my library (i wonder if the bug was saved there, too?). Once again, all was well until about level 7 of careers, or around the adult birthday transition.

It also seemed to be fine, and then I save, quit and come back to the family and where they were sleeping normally when I saved, suddenly they were hovering in the covers and stuck. Their needs continue to deplete. ResetSim [firstname lastname] only works sometimes, and sometimes I have to do it twice so they don't get stuck in the lying position. Sometimes I can get one sim to sleep in a bed at one time, but (1) somebody joins and they both get stuck or (2) right before it's time to get up (the sun comes up? I'll have to check that) that one sim gets stuck with no interruption from another sim. Replacing the bed, deleting the bed, buying a different type of bed (even without replacing the style with any custom one from the first bed) don't work at all. Sometimes I get lucky and they don't get stuck in the lying position, but it's rare.

I have resorted to using "testingcheatsenabled true" and "moveobjects on" to resolve the problem as it arises, or to ensure the survival of my poor sims while they are no longer able to sleep - ever. I even locked them out of their own bedrooms to avoid the problem of their random inclinations to sleep for like three hours.

I have also noticed that the problem of the bed bug and other serious buggy issues (elevator, stuck in empty/black apartment space, cars-teleport-you-home, and queue drops) all start when one of the other problems starts - and then you just have to live with it until some wonderful EA employee develops the cure-all patch.

PLEASE! AWESOME EA EMPLOYEES!!! RESCUE ME AND MY SIMS!
Melohk

Hi all,
Sorry I don't have a fix for this, just wanted to share additional info on the stuck in bed bug.
My sims keep getting stuck in bed evry few days. Sometimes resetting them doesn't work and they are stuck all day.
I replaced the beds and everything, but it makes no difference. Clearly, it's not a bed bug, it's a sim bug.
I noticed this is more likely to happen when:
-they have visitors (invited or spontaneous)
-the household changes (new baby, baby growing up, someone moving in or out)
-the old sims get really old (over 95 days)
I also noticed that when it seems impossible to reset a stuck sim, resetting the whole household one by one, selecting each sim in turn before you reset them, works better.
ciane

One other question might be beneficial: Does this happen when the game was saved while the Sims were sleeping?

imperfectly

I'm having the same problem... Just started, though. I moved my Sim family from one house to another (both game content; not custom built). It's frustrating because sometimes resetsim doesn't work. I've had to delete two children.

1. What Sims are involved (normal, vampires, ..)
I have both normal and vampire sims in the house. Both get stuck.
2. Which bed is involved ?
I've tried three different beds (not custom). Two were doubles, (one from LN) and one was a single.
3. Which hood are you seeing this ?
I'm playing in Sunset Valley
4. Are you using ANY cc beds at all (also Store)
Nope.
5. Are you using ANY mods (or have used with this savegame) ?
Custom hair, but I was using the same hair before I moved into the new house and didn't have this bed-freeze problem.
6. Is this an existing savegame or a new one ?
I've had this family since LN came out. The problem only started when I moved to a new house.

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: