Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
"Sims3Launcher.exe is not a valid Win32 application"?  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Chii

The game itself is fine, it works, but I only play the game through C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3, but I don't want to do that. I want to open the launcher. When I try to open the launcher, this error comes up:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3Launcher.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

I tried to install and reinstall the game several times, but it still won't work. I looked all over the internet for a solution, but no one seems to know how to solve it. My operating system is Windows Vista.

Please help!
Afr0Sim

Sinclairion

Hi, I've got the same problem and I downloaded the framework thingy the afr0Sim said to do, but it says that there was an error and it doesn't even finish. Now, I can't even play off the TS3 shortcut. It just loads for a bit (the mouse does it's circle thing), then nothing. HELP!!!!

p.s i'm running Windows 7 Ultimate
craingerbeagle

I have this problem on Windows 7 Ultimate aswell. The Launcher won't work, but I can play off the direct TS3.

Any Solutions??

barbwirex2009

I have the same problem and when i try to install the file you said to download i also get an error and it does not finish. Please help somone.
craingerbeagle

SO I found a way to fix the problem, I installed the game on a different computer (my laptop running the same OS) and it worked without any problems so I then copied the "sims3launcher.exe" file and put it on my main PC in the sims 3 folder(the one with the launcher problem). I didn't replace the old file but just renamed it.

Hope this helps some other people out there with the same problem!!

Beagle.

Chase_Paynce

craingerbeagle wrote:SO I found a way to fix the problem, I installed the game on a different computer (my laptop running the same OS) and it worked without any problems so I then copied the "sims3launcher.exe" file and put it on my main PC in the sims 3 folder(the one with the launcher problem). I didn't replace the old file but just renamed it.

Hope this helps some other people out there with the same problem!!

Beagle.

You can also fix that by entering your SimS 3 DVD in your drive and going to my computer and Exploring the icon, Open Game then BIn and copy Sims3launcher.ex_ and rename it to sims3launcher.exe and replace it the same way you did.

You dont need to save the old file since its corrupted anyways.

Add a zombie to your game by downloading my avatar!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=54
Prazzie

I get the exact same error as the original poster.

I have tried the solutions offered in this thread, but none of them worked for me. The only way to play it is to launch the game as the original poster described. Is there a way to patch the game without the launcher?

I installed the game on another computer and it worked 100% with no problems. Then I got a new computer and installed it on the new one and I got that error. Clearly something is missing or incompatible, but what? Problems with file extensions?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/09/09 12:42 AM

HEAVENSENT61991

It worked for me! Thanks a bunch!!

tonka_bu

This works for me.Thank you so much!!!
bob007

OMG!! Lots of problems and not enough details. Downloading failures may be a rights problem. The W7 problems may be a compatibility problem between W7 64 bit and TS3 launcher being a 32 bit app. You may need to tell W7 to run the app in compatibility mode or something (not sure because I don't have W7 working right now). You really need to post your OS and the error message (or a description of what happens) because there are a variety (too many to list here) of reasons you may be having a problem.

MrFlopster

I've got the same problem with 64bit Windows 7. The game runs fine on XP but doesn't work on Windows 7 at all. The suggestions above don't work. Hopefuly EA pull their fingers out and patch it quick. It's the only game i've had a problem with so far.
Writin_Reg

EA has the Sims World Adventures supported with Windows 7 by the way. So if you buy the EP it will update the whole game if for some idiot reason they don't give Simmers a patch before hand.

I do know the Sims 3 seemed to run flawlessly on several of my family members pcs running the pre=released version of Win7.

Monique_Williams

Thanx very much.......It worked for me to copy the Launcher and rename it
bob007

.net framework comes with Windows 7 but it needs to be activated in Windows features.

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: