Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
actually something suddenly came up and I cant make it  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
becstar09

I keep getting this message whenever i try to invite a vampire over. I have tried during different times and on a few different vampires. At first they agree to come over and then a second later they say something suddenly came up. They are friends and this happens at any time i try day or night, i cant seem to get them to successfully come over.

Anyone have any tips on trying to invite a vampire over to my sims apartment?

A little water never hurt anybody
LacerationGravity

I used to have this problem all the time. It's not the vampires, it just randomly happens. All you have to do is press CTRL + Shift + C then type in "resetsim (vampire's first name) (vampire's last name)" then invite them over again.
Mergad

I had this already in ambitions with people I tried to court. I could never get them to actually come over to my house. They always canceled, but oddly enough, I remember being able to invite them over to a place outside my house, like the park or restaurant and then "invite over" to my house. I think someone else from the same household did manage to invite the sims over without "something coming up" suddenly.. But I haven't had that lately, so I'm not entirely sure.
becstar09

hmm, thanks i'll give that a try

edit: nope resetsim didn't work. It only appears to be with vampires, any vampires. I can invite other friends fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/28/10 10:28 AM

becstar09

nobody else has this problem?

becstar09

I'm bumping this because I am still having this problem now with another vampire. Anyone have any other suggestions for a fix for this (other than what has already been posted)or has had this happen? I have tried resetsim, doesn't work. I have also tried to invite out, but that doesn't work either, the vampire arrives and instantly leaves because the group failed before i can have any interactions with them.

stormwench

This is not a Late Night issue or a bug. Its part of the game and has been since the base game

I have not figured out all of the reasons but some sims are just difficult to get to come visit. They will call and ask to come over but if invited seem to always come up with that excuse, although you can eventually get them to come over. Often I find they cancel and then see them out about town with other sims. Or they dont seem to like to leave their house. I have even jumped between households to see whats going on and found the other sim has changed work hours or seemed to have taken an opportunity (not really since I was not playing them to accept but they will be out at an opportunity type site). Or they are the only sim at home with a child or napping or in the tub. It seems to happen more with sims that have lots and lots of acquaintances and friends - maybe they are just too much in demand...

Sometimes it seems to happen more when the relationship is getting near a transition, close to going from friends to best friends or to love or romance or is dropping, but then others ate the same point are anxious to come over.

As the other poster said, when this happens several times, I try and make a date to meet them somewhere and usually that works, although they have cancelled that too. Bu, in most case, if you can meet them elsewhere or drop by their house to visit and get the relationship bar to move a bit (sometimes even some long phones chats or computer chats) then they will accept and come over.

I do have one sim that just cancels any invitation to come over - something he does to any sim in any household I am playing. I have never gotten him to visit another sim unless I play him and have him go to another sims house to see them. Otherwise, no matter who I play, I know he will cancel on them if they invite him over. He always says 'yes' and then something else always comes up... of course he also knows everyone in town.

fuelieinblue

What worked for me once was going over to the the Vamp's residence and then use the 'Invite Over' interaction. He came over and hasn't left since(cuz he moved in then and they gt married
kellywest

I had this issue whenever my Sim was publicly disgraced (they'd call to invite a friend over, the friend would say they were coming and then immediately say something came up). That went on as long as they had the PD moodlet.

SenkoLight

When it happened to me it was her romantic interest who likes computers her's was broke. When he finally came he left seconds after sitting at PC and seeing it broke.

catloverplayer

Speaking of leaving sims are coming over when you invite them then they leave as soon as they get there if your sim is in a group with them or not. This is a bug that needs fixing. Once they leave 2 seconds later you can reinvite them back over and they come.
StarlingGray

Usually when this happens in my game, it is almost always because the Sim in question is stuck in their home for some reason, resetting them usually works. Also keep in mind that most non-player sims are working the low-tier jobs and thus are almost always at work, lol. If either of those things are not the case for you, and you are certain you don't have mods interfering, maybe your particular savegame is just bugged for some reason. I would suggest trying again in another town and see if the same thing happens.

If Sims are leaving as soon as they get there, your town might have the swarming bug, so look around and see if there's a spot in town that every single sim seems to be at once.

I'll be Peter Pan, and you just be pretty.

Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: