Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Adding Plumbob Pictures Backlot/ Late NIght lots to other towns  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Christinathesim

Hi,
I was wondering how can I move Plumbob Pictures Backlot to Sunset Valley. I found a lot big enough and when I went to change the lost type no reasonable options came up. It will let me place the building but I can't use it as a place of work, tour, etc. Basically, how do place this lot and others that came with Late Night in other towns (Per made and new)???
Robbyngirl

Bump..... I cant figure this out either.
krystle0385

I think I changed my lot time to a community lot, then I chose hangout. But I didn't try using it after that. I only placed it with the hopes that it would spawn more celebs in sunset valley.

bngbedard

When I placed the Backlot to Riverview, I made it visitors allowed or something like that.

Siggy by Valagil The Great Siggy maker!

See my studio for lots & sims!
Amyeh

bngbedard wrote:When I placed the Backlot to Riverview, I made it visitors allowed or something like that.

This is what I did for Sunset Valley.

I evicted the Alto's, deleted their house, changed the lot to a community - visitors allowed, and then plopped the studio on top. Now my sim is a level 9 in the film career, director branch.
Mistletoe143

Location:Wishing the best for the Store Team in life's journey!

I had to bulldoze the empty lots and replace them, before the game accepted the Late Night lots in other neighborhoods. Then, if it didn't have a direct lot type (i.e., lounge, dive bar, etc.), I used "visitors allowed" to plant the community lot. Hope this helps.

Take care,
Mistletoe

Thank you for the LOVE Store Team! You made my game fun!!
beaynidSim

did you actually find suitable places to place down all the ln lot types in sunset valler or riverview, without removing a ton of the town in the process?

I ended up having to take out central park to put the movie lot, then removed everything from that road with empty lot by the remote park with the pond by the old mine area. then managed to make a mini bar/club district there, but had no room to place the fusion lounge, sports bar, and 1 other club/bar. And some of the lots arent directly connected onto a road(vampire lounge is on a hill off the road before the others.

Granted i seem to be horrible at adding lots and buildings lol(i so rarely do it)

Robbyngirl

Thanks, I will give it a try.
ReubenHood

What you could do for Sunset Valley is replace the existing town hall with the new combined Townhall/Police Station/Military HQ. Then you can bulldoze the existing military base and replace it with the pre-built 64 x 64 movie lot in the community lots bin. Just pretend that the air strip, space shuttle, and satellites are additional set pieces. And I suppose you could also now remove the extra police station and put a club there to replace it.
Robbyngirl

Nope.. Everything I try doesn't work! Every type of lot I change to when I click on it the lot disappers. This just give me a headache LOL. Also I know what you mean by not enough room and placing lots, the are sideways or not close to the road. I miss the simple way The Sims 2 had it set up! Thanks
Mistletoe143

Location:Wishing the best for the Store Team in life's journey!

Actually, I placed the two preorder bonus clubs in Barnacle Bay, as I am currently using it as a base game. I haven't attempted to place all the different lots in either Riverview or Sunset Valley, so I am uncertain if there is enough space for them all. I do know that there is no space in Bridgeport for the two preorder bonus clubs! That doesn't make sense at all.

Take care,
Mistletoe

Thank you for the LOVE Store Team! You made my game fun!!
Robbyngirl

Nevermind, dinky me was trying to put on a lot that was to small. The Plumbob Picture Backlot is a 64*64 lot not a 60*60 lot. Thanks for your help! Robbyngirl
ASiReNiCLaMiA

This might work.

Activate "testingcheatsenabled true"
"moveobjets on"
Pick a reasonably large lot and change it to a commercial lot with visitors allowed.
Go to your lot and then build mode.
You can find Plumbob Pictures Backlot in there.
Place it as best as you can.

VIOLA! You have a Film Studio in any town at all!

Awesome right? I'm a genius...I know...lol.
chereb

Get a 40x40 lot. Then change venue typr to no visitors allowed. Then go onto the lot to build. In community objects there is a much smaller backlot studio and just place it on the lot.
StevieSays

my probably with placing the new lots on other neighborhoods is that i can't figure out how to get empty lots that are the right size! they're all such starnge dimensions and don't match anything in the world editor bin.
i had to get a mod to make custom lot sizes, but i'd rather try something else. i don't like using cc or mods. any other ways to controll lot dimensions? setting them maunally should have been a feature...

Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: