Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Crystalline Cove - Finally back on the exchange!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Writin_Reg

Well I played in here all night - it's 2:37 am now, and I started right after i got it - between 7 and 8 pm - so a good 6 and half hours. No stutters, hesitations, or freezes at all. I played the first 3 hours just letting SP add sims so all the cash registers or what ever got taken care of - and it was populating itself quickly - as after 3 hours I had 11 households. I used the same test sims, but a different house - It was Peachy something - I did not take note of that.

Oh yeah Gem I should have added to the issue of those electronic frames - they have done that since we have had them as I had several of them in my Sims of Caw Lane Original house and they always did that. I always had to pull them off the ceiling when I'd ever I move that house into new renditions of the Caw Lane games. I try to remember not to use them when I am building a house to put in my studio. But resetting them never works.

The only thing besides that I saw missed so far is in the Mansion with the dive well, in the room with the wine racks, the wall where the right side of the double door is you missed 1 panel of the brick paint. Was not biggie and easy to fix, but just figured you'd want to know that.

My sim went through the little tomb and found a money bag and 4 bottles of expensive and real old Nectar. Was that it. The only thing I could not find was a way to disarm or shut off the flame trap, so I assume I was just supposed to time it, and then make my sim walk past it, as that is what she did. I had to laugh where the crypt thing was - it just let my sim veiw it and she got this pop up about it being mysterious and old and made her think of being very sleepy and thirsty at the same time. For some reason I thought that was funny as she made this weird little face as if she was really thinking that. Just like she clapped all excitely when she pulled out the money bag too. I am used to adventure sims going through tombs which don't seem to get very vocal in thought or action, so taking a little Socialite through her was a different experience for sure. But that is all I could find - is that all I was supposed to find?

But I only played the Socialite (she was the only Sims I had that had the dollars for the house) just to take her through the tomb more or less. I did get her a logic, handy, and athletic skill before she was allowed as I didn't peek ahead or anything, as i wanted to see it as it should be seen. If that was it, then it all worked fine for me.

After that I loaded up the hood rather heavy with Sims families that I use in other hoods, I did not add any lots, but I did add several houses and a good 22 of my biggest families, so by the time I was done the hood had about 120 or so Sims, maybe a bit more and played another 3 hours. Not even a tiny problem anywhere. I followed random Sims to school to all the different jobs as all my families have jobs, after school activities, and everything so they go a lot more places than skill-less sims do, and boy did they go everywhere. Not one incident of route fail all night - - and then my regular sim got an opportunity to do some music at the bistro for the cook, so i sent him to do that. While I was waiting for him to come out of course the Sims piled to the Bistro - well over in the right hand upper corn of the courtyard i saw a sim give a route fail and then showed the chair in her thought bubble crossed out. She then took the chair in the middle. So one chair is not lock on the upper right table in the court yard.

That was it. Excellent, I'd say. I'll get back in there some more tomorrow.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/21/12 11:22 PM

xBanan

I've been playing in Crystalline Cove for a few days now. I love everything about it. I love the fact that you have put the fountain of youth under the waterfall. I've only noticed one thing, not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not, in the blue apartments that is close to the beach, my sims can't seem to use the bookshelves that are behind the TV. Some part of the wall pain in the Wesley's house is also missing. Just thought you should know.
I will download the new version right now :)
geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Summer I have no idea why your MAC hates this world so much (or why the world hates your MAC)
I don't believe it's the frames, but then again I don't understand what else it might be
Thank you on the update on spelling

Reg, thank you for letting me know about the frames. I will remove them.
The basement in Laurence Manor is not supposed to be anything special.
It is build for a family that I'm going to include in the save file that has a vampire, and I completely forgot to add a "coffin" for him, so i decided to add for him an extra "room" in the basement, and I made it a tomb to make it a bit more mysterious.
The money bags and wine are just there, because the family's welth and full cellar are not dependant only on their jobs and status and not only by their trips to the nectary or France, but also because of the houses mysterious ability to produce wine and money.
In reality, it doesn't really make sence, but as it was a tomb I wanted to add a few mini tresures and in my mind it was a good idea to add something that would help them add more money to their funds and more expencive wine in their cellar. Almost the whole family only cares about money and fame after all.
I'll add the missing paint, and the bistro chair on the issues list.
I hope we won't find any more issues.
I'll wait till everyone reports back and I'll fix everything you guys mentioned and hopefully I'll be able to start working on the save file.
I want this done before ST releases. As i still haven't installed my MS and I don't think i'll be patient enough to hold on longer once I have ST in my hands
Oh by the way, i've removed the big Junk piles in the junkyard and only kept the tall one and added 3 small ones. I did not remove the stairs yet , as I want to test how they work now that there is more room to move around.

xBanan, everything you mentioned has been fixed in BETA II, but thank you for letting me know anyway

SummerSong86

I think it just may be the fact this world is so large in size with many detailed lots. There is some way that running it through an emulator to play it taxes memory on my computer. Again the only crashes I had so far was when I was trying to place one lot. Since I have had crashes placing lots in Great Bear, which is also a large detailed world, I'm going to assume it's a thing with Mac and me and not your world specifically. I did get to go back in and play a little bit and my sim was attending classes with no problem, when I realized it was getting very late, I was getting very sleepy and had to quit.

I did notice elevators in one of the apartments. We need to see if eventually that is going to give my computer problems. There just may be something about elevators, too, maybe they pull some sort of resources that my computer can't handle running this game through an emulator. (I think it's an emulator--I'm not sure exactly what Cider is but I do know I'm not running the game natively--it's being processed through Cider).

I've left the community. No disputes involved. Goodbye and thank you to all the friends I met here.
SummerSong86

Sigh...well I got a hard freeze on my first sim day. My sim, Whitney, was at Slam Dunk and she had finished her drink and as soon as the drink disappeared out of her hand and I was about to order her a meal, the game froze. I had to Force Quit to get out of the game.

Gem, I don't know what to do. Nobody else is having these problems so I can only assume it's something on my end, probably as a Mac User.

My only other thing to try is if you let me know what buildings have elevators in them, I can try remove those buildings and see if that ends my problem. I know of one building that is red and black--so far I did not move any sim into it but maybe the story progression was in progess of doing that and I didn't know. After that, my next thing to look at is anything designated as an apartment building.

The silver lining in all this is this may be my best chance to once and for all identify precisely what it is my Mac does not get along with in some worlds.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/21/12 06:19 PM

I've left the community. No disputes involved. Goodbye and thank you to all the friends I met here.
geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

As far as i can remember Summer, the only buildings that have elevators in them , are the apartment you metioned and the library. I don't recall any other building having an elevator.

ETA: Both buildings also have stairs, so you can simply delete the elevators and not the whole building

ETA2: My sims are living in Funky SuperMe at Coral Cape. It's their first night and they ordered pizza. Twice. No one ever came. Is this normal? I mean is there a cance that the game hasn't spawned a pizza guy yet or is this hiding a routing issue?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/21/12 07:41 PM

Rukaya

Gem, I was just able to dl the beta 2 of CC. I couldn't get on the forum until now...Liam again. Don't have time to play now but plan to do so tomorrow. Looks like Reg has been really busy. So that is what the basement in the manor is all about. I am really looking forward to this. Those digital pictures never worked right for me either, so I never use them. The elevators in the apartments never gave any problems. That is strange that the pizzas never showed up. I don't recall ever having that problem before.
geminiagre

I tried again on their second day, and again no pizza. Maid has no problem coming to the house daily. I did get a challenge once i moved them in, about a flood. The repairman came automatically with no problem as well. I also had the police come with no issues on BETA I. So no idea what's going on with the pizza guy.

LOL i had sent my sims oin an outing on The Armory (EAs Grind) witch is located across the street from the military base and once i got the pop up about "closing time" I had my sims grab a bit from the food truck. As they where standing there eating I suddenly heard that weird "music" and I realised that it was comming from the military base. It 's that tune they have in the mornings for soldiers to wake up. No idea what it's called in english , but it was really funny and a nice detail i've never noticed before

xBanan

I forgot to tell you that I had kind of the same issue a few days ago. My family lived in the blue apartment close to the beach, the sink broke and I called the repair. No one showed up even though I called several times. I didn't have this problem when I lived in a different apartment in Crystalline Cove.

Thank you Gem, for creating the most beautiful world I've ever seen. Crystalline Cove is now my favourite world. I love every single detail :)
SummerSong86

I know what that tune is called but I can't spell it.

Rukaya the problem with elevators should not impact you or any other pc users. It may not even affect other Mac users. It may not even affect ME. It's just a theory I need to test.

Thanks Gem, I'll go delete the elevators and see if that helps.

SummerSong86

Okay well I took out the entire apartment because it wouldn't let me edit anything on that lot. I removed the elevators in the library. I removed the stadium spotlights that WR advised me awhile back could cause issues for me. I did still get a hard freeze. But I did manage to see some incredible sights before that happened.

I had taken my sim to Mystery Lake, I think it's called. My daughter was with me and we were just amazed at how beautiful this area was as the day turned into night for my sim. I don't know how you managed to make all the water glow in the dark like that. The pictures are in reverse order to when they were taken. The last one is actually when my sim arrived.

I've played many worlds and many of them have had an incredible place in them that you wish you could take with you to every other world you play. Great Bear has that incredible swimmable waterfall pool. This world has this lot, one of the most incredible sights I've seen on a world. If you ever decide to do a pure fantasy world, Gem, I've no doubt you will create something that will just make us fall back in our seats, breathless, because already this one section does that to me:

I am sad that these pictures don't even do this place justice. You have to be in it and move around in it, people and it will make your jaw drop to the floor in amazement!

It was my first time I made it there to see it, after seeing Tangie's pictures of it. I knew I had to visit. And I was already so impressed with the other views I saw the last time I went to enjoy the open spaces of Crystalline Cove. I hadn't even seen this one yet!

If it turns out my Mac can't handle it, I will try to get my pc updated and this world will definitely be going on the PC!

I do still want to find out exactly what it is though, that my Mac is having problems with. Maybe somewhere I missed a floating picture frame. You wouldn't think that would cause me problems but maybe.

However I think maybe the hard freezes might have something to do with the clubs. The timing of the hard freezes seems to match when the clubs are first starting to open and fill up with the NPC staff.

I wonder how I might be able to troubleshoot this. Anybody have any suggestions what to look for? Stuck sims? Something, anything?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/21/12 11:41 PM

SummerSong86

I just spent time on the Mac forum. I finally ran across a post that may explain what's wrong. There is a member who ran an Activity Monitor and observed how the memory was being consumed as she played. On a Mac, this game eats RAM like I eat M&M's. It happens to PC's too but not at such an alarming rate and you also probably get your memory released back to you...I suspect, due to having to force quit the application to end it much of the time, that I am not getting my memory released. I have 6 gigs and probably need 8 gigs and even then, this game is going to slaughter my Mac on a world of this size with this much detail. I'll have to resign myself to stopping to save every quarter of a Sim day.

As it currently stands on 6 gigs, I can not easily continue to test. I'm doomed to unpredictable hard freezing at a rate that is not going to let me enjoy the experience and test in a meaningful way, as I'll be constantly having to exit the application entirely to free up the memory that is not properly released.

Gem, I'm sorry I'll have to drop out of testing. I truly apologize and I apologize for the disruptive posts complaining of hard freezes the entire thread. It is not your beautiful world, it is just the way this game does not play nice with my computer. You can possibly mention my issues though, as a warning to other Mac users so they can make an informed decision when they go to run this world.

If I get a chance to get my PC updated and running then I'll try again to test but I'm not sure I'll have a chance in the next few days with my daughter being home on break and us taking a day trip in a couple of days.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/22/12 12:02 AM

Writin_Reg

Gem, the song It's called Reveille.

I have found out that not just routing problems will affect pizza deliveries and some service sims, but distance from the town hall seems to affect things like that. Apparently the center of towns are considered the town hall in the programming, and why all ea worlds will always have one of some kind, but if the distance is greater than a forty-five minute time to get to your sims house from the town hall then some service people cancel the queue. I saw on another site not too long ago that the time may have been increased to an hour, and also on that same thread someone said there is less chance of the queue getting cancelled if the sims use the house telephone instead of a cell phone to call for the service, but I have never tested that theory so can not say whether it makes a difference or not. I also saw in that thread that the Pizza delivery seems more inclined to cancel in towns with food trucks forced into them as they are not natural in the game AI for a non-city world. As I saw this before the addition of the Ice Cream truck which is normal for any world I was wondering if this would help that issue, but apparently not.

I honestly have never had sims get their pizza delivery that did not live with in the downtown area. Like when I played LV I never could get pizza delivery where my sims house was - it just never came no matter how my sims called them - yet your house Gem I never had a problem getting pizza delivery there when I played your Sims, and they always used their cell phones. It was also before we had food trucks as well as after we got them and I even placed a couple in LV - One at each beach area of LV as they seemed fitting on the beaches.

But the house you are in is quite the distance from the downtown area, plus there are food trucks too so it is probably a bit of all that. I have 6 roommates all single living in there that I got from Almawa's world when I was testing that one. Maybe I'll try using them a bit tonight and see what happens.

I do know that adding houses does not cause crashing in my game. I did not add any lots, just family filled houses and all were big 4-7 bedroom types. They game didn't even whimper.

Gem, I didn't expect the tomb to be but what it was, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything as you asked we check it out - and if I covered everything then it works perfectly. Love the house for sure. My sims is quite lonely in there though as she is a rich socializing 3 star celebrity that usually works at the studio. I played her while she had 3 days in a row off. I wanted to make sure I did not use any cheats of any form in here while I was testing just so I didn't change any dynamics of the world itself. Believe me I have all kinds of sims that can meet just about any requirement. I always resave them to my library everytime they up their experience while testing worlds. One of these days I have to upgrade my studio with these fully skilled and experience versions - I have just waited to see what they do to our pages before I go adding the skilled versions. The ones in my studio are mostly when they were first created.

Speaking of which - Summer that blond you wanted I put in my studio a week or two ago. She is not the heavily skilled version, but it's the one from the picture you liked. That Felicity - I think her last name is Evans or something like that. I added her and a gypsy sim I created for the Magic stuff. I also added a born ingame sim as well that I raised up in CAS just to keep him. I thought he was rather nice looking. I also have some of Dillon Loves offspring added to my game library, but have not added them to the studio yet. They are always nice looking sims. But Felicity is made in honor of my cousins daughter Felicity who just earned her masters degree Biology. She looks like a super model in real life and not as we generally picture as brainiac geniuses, which she is. (Her real last name is Ouimette, but I decided to not use her real life last name.)

But real Felicity likes to wear bohemian type clothing and lots of native American styles as well, so I tried to deplict that in the Sims style as well.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/22/12 01:19 AM

Writin_Reg

Summer - I have all your info from the first page on your Mac - I showed it to my hubby and he is going to take it to work tomorrow and put his head together with their head Apple tech as my hubby is the head pc tech and see what's going on and what you need to make it not crash and have these freezes.

Now from you though there is not mention of you OS. Could you tell me the exact name of your operating system?

Sorry for the intrusion Gem, but maybe I can help Summer end this headache with her Mac and make her gaming experience more enjoyable. I have free access to pros so might as well try and help my dear friend here.

lovejoyriteia

I downloaded BETA II last night and played about 3 hours. Moved Gelding Ranch to the Legacy Lot next door, like last time. I added another Sim this time, too -- Piper's mom (Irene).

Piper took a Cooking class at the Bistro; and at the same time, Irene took a Mixology class. Piper finished first, so I had her go to the pet shop. The game used an added family member for the Cashier (in the first BETA, an NPC was spawned; but I had played a couple Sim weeks by then). Then Irene met Piper at the Romper Playground, and they played Hopscotch together. Sherlock went to Mystery Lake while they were gone and watched a wild horse there.

I'm going to try to get a little time in playing tonight, and I'll check out the pizza delivery.

ETA: There are digital picture frames at the Ranch, but they're *not* floating in mid-air.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 02/22/12 02:41 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: