Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Zoo U Course: Using the CFE Cheat (entire course available in post one) Guest Lecturer: Svlyn!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
svlyn

Page 2

Lesson Three - Modifying the top of a building at higher elevations.

1. Build your structure. Then raise a small mound using the level terrian tool as you always have and match your levels to the building you just made. The new elevation should be a bit higher then the elevation of the building. Or it could be a lot heigher depending on the effect you want. But for this wee demonstraition it going to be a little higher. Put fencing around the top. I am not going to show you the steps to get to this point as you prob know them by this time.

2. Type in the cheat. Constrainfloorelevation false. (note i painted my building because the grey bugged me, this is optional.) now your ready to start to manpulate the ceiling of the structure you just made.

3. Build a wee tile bridge from your leveling wall and take out the terrain tool and elevate the ceiling of the structure you just made like so.

Elevate the other side: You should end up with something that looks like this: Now in all honesty here i would have a flat level inbetween these bumps, i think it would look a lot better but when i made this tutorial i was already on my 12 hour of working on these lessons so i think i was kind of tired. Please forgive me><.

4. Now your going to double check your ceiling and paint them.

5. Make sure to disable your cheat by entering in Constrainfloorelevation true. You should end up with something that looks like this:

I think it kind of has a happy smily look to it. Btw if i were building a real structure i would leave leveling walls till the vary end when i have painted and finished everything and i am about to start landscaping. Why, because you NEVER know if you will need them again. You might decide to change the whole paint on the outside for instance. For the purpose of this toturial we will remove them.

Lesson Four: A large Garden Gazebo

1. Move to the back of the lot and make an octogon out of a foundation. The octogon should have three tiles per side and should look something like this:

2. Now add fencing, stairs, if i can i have stairs on all four sides but for this lot i could not place stairs on one side as it was too close to the edge. Turn on Moveobjects cheat by entering in moveobjects true. Add pillars like i have done and then a ceiling. If you notice my ceiling is coloured. For this kind of build its important to pick a colour at this point. Any colour you want, I was trying for green copper look but i think i did a very poor job of it. Take your time here and look at your lot, consider your surroundings and pick a colour the matches.

3. Add some extra tiles just as you did for the covered walkway

4. Paint your ceiling tiles.

5. Add fencing:

6. Use the terrain tool to build a mound.

And add a leveling wall as per usual.

7. Make sure to deactivate Moveobjects cheat by entering in moveobject false. And activate CFE cheat by entering in Constrainfloorelevation false. Then, level up three tiles all the way across the structure like the example below:

Your build should look like this now:

8. New your going start from the center of the gazebo and flatten and elevate the ceiling out to the edge of the gazebo, like so:

9. Flatten and elevate the other side:

Your build should look like this now:

10. Now its time to lower the outside edges.

Work your way around all four sides.

11. Your gazebo should look like this now:

12. Now rotate the lot around and build a mound, using the terrian tool, on the opposite side of the gazebo. Make sure the mound is higher then the one you have previousely built.

13. Make your new guide walls or elevation walls.

14. Now use your elevation tool to draw a line from your new elevation walls to the center of sqaure of the gazebo.

What you have should look something like this now. Dont panic, we are going to fix the part of the gazebo that got distorted.

15. First flatten the edge again.

16. Now mold the middle like i have below. (i dont have the english to describe this but look at the picture and follow it.

17. Now put the corners back into shape by using the level terrion tool like so:

Make sure you reshape corners that got distorted.

At this point both those corners are gonig to appear a bit flatter then they should look, but our next step is going to bring them back to original form so don't panic.

18. Now use the terrian leveling tool to reshape the roof again like so. This might take you a while but just play around with it.

19. Now paint the ceiling: Turn off Constrainfloorelevation cheat.

20. Your gazebo should look like this now. Nice ornate roof, something diff for a classy estate.

22. Time to remove that extra flooring we put in place for the recolouring process.

Congratz you just build a gazebo with a costum roof. Awesome. We have come such a long way. You can use to same process for covered pools, and even the roofs of churchs.

BTW windows updated its software while i was making this lesson and shut down on me so i dont have this lot anymore or anymore pictures so if this tutorial is unclear let me know i do a review one next class.

Here is a picture of the roof of one of my builds and with everything i have shown you today you should be able to figure out how to do this. Or at least have an idea..even i don't remember how i did that..lol. But as you can tell once you start MOLDING with CFE and having fun with it, relaxing and letting it take you a journey great stuff happens.

[
Lesson Five: An arch over a entrance way door.

This is going to be so simple after what you just learned but still needs to be showen regardless. First thing first, these arches can vary in size so experiment on your and discover what arch looks good the house style. You will see arches used a lot in Medeterrian builds.

1. Build a structure that looks like the building on the right.

2. Add a door. Love the new spanish style door that showtime offers.. Awesomeness.

3. Now form a mound and build a elevation wall, that higher the elevation wall the higher the arch. This should be second nature you all by this time.

Remember to paint the ceiling again and add and aditional ceiling tile. This is so you can always change the colour and texture of the ceiling without having to flatten it again. Works really good.

Note the addition of the floor tile.

4. Activate cheat. Constrainfloorelevation false. And level up the two center tiles above the door.

5. Now level the upper wall if you need to. Sometimes tis cool to leave this depending on the build structure.

6. Now you should have something that looks like this:

7. Paint you ceiling tiles you can do this by clicking on the tile that extends outward and change the texture and colour to your liking.

8. Deactivate cheat by entering in constrainfloorelevation true. Add windows, delete extra ceiling tile, flatten mound, delete elevation walls, and add stairs, recolour, and add roofs and you should end up with something that looks like this.

Yay you just made your first arch over a door..btw that was my first arch over a door too..

***SHOWTIME FUN AND IMPORTANT MESSAGE***

I was going to show you how to build a stage, but my stage was seriousely flawed, So i am not going to show you this, i am going to do some studying and find out how to make a perfect stage flawlessly and surround it with CFE for affect. But I just got totally depressed after what happened this week. I posted up a stage and tested it, and thought it worked fine because my sims was fine and could perform, there was a proprietor and there were simfests. But it was no way near fine. It ate a freinds sim and prob another 171 sims as well as 171 games equalling 342 people whose games were ruined because of me. So I am not really very happy with myself atm. I apologize to all.

So remember not to use MOO anywhere near a stage. At this point keep your stage free and clear of all objects. I know its boring but its the only way to be sure that stages are safe.

If save then you have trapped that sim you invited to your world into limbo. Save BEFORE and do not save when EA asks you too. Make sure to use "save as" and call it something like "simport". Then after you finished simporting with your buddy save as to whatever you name your standard game. I know this is off topic. But its pretty much necessary.

here is a picture of the stage I had made for my town, and then shared and then killed people.

As you can see the stage worked fine for me. Proprietor, simfests and all. But if someone simported to my venue it was a death sentence for them. I am trying to spread the news, if you can spread to your friends too. This is problem people should be very much aware of. EA should to try to write a code that prevents simporting to towns that have venues that are not built correctly. That would help. We are builders try to be as responsible as we can, but sometimes things happen, you dont think, you place MOOd objects too close to a stage. all it takes is one little corner being blocked, your home simmy can use it but others can not.be warned and beaware.

Two questions i want you think about during the week are:

1. How would you make a reverse arch knowing what you know now?

2. How would would you a diagonial garden pathway..what would to need to do the roof fencing to make it work..hint..covered walkways with no fencing are sometimes best><?

Take care till next week, Sunday March 25, 2012 6:00 to 8:00 PST.

WE WILL BE covering:

a) vaulted ceilings.

b) types of CFE roofing you can make.

c) waterslides (third party tutorial)

d) split level (third party tutorial)

f) arched ceiling over a swimming pool.

g) the hull of a airship, or REVERSE ARCH

e) And lastly, the use of buydebug lights to give light to otherwise dark levels.

That will end this course. Remember, test and retest, and have your friends test. Last thing you ever want to feel like the way I do atm.

Thank you for attending and happy Saint Patricks Day. I have to work tonight so no green bear for me

svlyn

Hey guys i am here for two hours if you need me.

svlyn

Zoo can you change the post to class to session or something, by not have the course last week this class really lost its mommentum. I appologize for that.

svlyn

I also would like to say that i think you builders, as i am retired now, should not as much Moveobjects as you have been doing, also use touches of CFE.

You see i have been told that with each expansion that sims puts out, MOO and CFE become harder to play and interfere with game play. i know we have all been loving MOO and CFE. I think that is why some of the builders here have huge lag issues because their towns are full of MOO. Just something i learnt recently.

ZooProfessor3

svlyn wrote:Zoo can you change the post to class to session or something, by not have the course last week this class really lost its mommentum. I appologize for that.

I think we're all here and excited, Svlyn! You give us so much great stuff to see and try that people don't comment unless they get stuck. In that case no news is good news.

I still have people really excited for class, no worries! I will wait until class ends and update the thread for the last lesson in your course.

This lesson was awesome! Thank you SO SO much for spending all this time on us! Believe me, I KNOW how much time we are talking about here.

You have a few pictures in your first post that we can't see I think there is a little typo somewhere causing it.

After class I will tell you how I fixed (I THINK) my strange build problem. It absolutely was a leveling issue like you would get with CFE and it was ODD.

Please don't feel bad about the accident with the stage. I know everyone feels terrible that it happened, but I honestly think this was something that should NOT have been allowed by Simport (if it were really as safe as they claim, it should not be possible for a building mistake to kill your Sim).

Zoo

svlyn

Can you be specific all the pics post for me. Weird..

Btw the CFE in this course is advanced. VERY advanced and look how EZ it is.

Also zoo did you get my message. I am looking to be a builder behind the scenes i was heart broken at what happened with my stage. I just want to create but not bother with promo, and i have tons of ideas and stuff. Do you know of anyone willing team up with me and do the all promo side and also double check lots?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/18/12 01:59 AM

svlyn

I have had a very bad week, my thread on this forum is broken a 404 and i would have to rebuild it and i am not sure i have the energy. Which is why i am looking for someone..lol. Normally i would not even post this here but i can not get ahold of anyone anymore so i figure you are here and i would love to take advantage of that. Funny before i never felt alone with regards to this game. With this new social set up i feel very isolated. ><

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/18/12 02:12 AM

vgmusicbookworm

oops, i forgot the time was different too
off to read lesson.

PS, do you know why it's getting harder to use MOO and CFE with each expansion?

*Hey! Listen!
svlyn

Well the expansions requir processing power, and the moo also requires processing power because sims have to processes that a few more objects are there then should be. This is what i was told. So with Moo keep it to none tracking areas and keep usable items completely free of MOO. I am the worst MOO user of all. I always move things off the grid all the time. I think i am going to stop that. Keep most things on the grid and move some MOO around them. I just added CFE in that i can i assuming it takes processing power too.

Basically you dont want a whole town full of MOO and CFE or your going to lag.

niac1234

I've always wondered how to make an arch over a doorway!! It's so obvious now. Could you please teach how to do something with friezes as well. I know it's not the same thing, but they seem to go hand-in-hand. The rose garden is absolutely stunning, You've definitely out-landscaped me. lol.

I do have a CFE question though. In your opinion, if you have a double story entry arch, would you recommend just using archways, or using CFE? I like the sleekness of archways, but they throw the lighting off imensely.

svlyn

Good question Niac, i like using archways for that too. They look much better.

My next lessen has frienzes in it..I did not have time to finish it up this week sorry..my bad evil stage depressed me horribly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/18/12 02:49 AM

vgmusicbookworm

hypothetically (meaning i will try it if plausible), could you build a rose arch or estate arch on an arched bridge from lesson two, or should you only CFE one aspect of the building at the time (ie either the foundation or the ceiling, but not both)?

*Hey! Listen!
svlyn

vgmusicbookworm wrote:hypothetically (meaning i will try it if plausible), could you build a rose arch or estate arch on an arched bridge from lesson two, or should you only CFE one aspect of the building at the time (ie either the foundation or the ceiling, but not both)?

You mean combine them...yes you can combine them on a lot, just make sure to test them.

Hmmm depending on what are doing, you can CFE both but can sims use them? You have to test it.

Perhaps if you try to show me what your talking about by making a picture i would greatly appreciate it.

vgmusicbookworm

how much longer are you around? if there's still awhile, i'll try to create it right now, otherwise i'll work on it tomorrow and show you what i end up with.
Good point about if sims would be able to use it.

*Hey! Listen!
oOHBangTidyHOo

Just read the tutorial, many thanks Svlyn for sharing your knowledge with us. Its much appreciated!!!

Geez, CFE is rather simple, aint it!!!

Hmmm, last week I attemptemt a valuted roof on a foond, but arrrghh, I was doing it the dumb way of raing the gound seprate. Tsk tsk. lulz

My game is not fired up, but I shall complete that part within the next couple of days, and post pics.

Again, big thank yous Svlyn I for one am grateful, and shall be bac for more.

- Mal

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: