Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
No Relationship Progression?  XML
Forum Index » Possible Bugs
ClaireyM

I've got a couple of sims (Annabelle Rennie, who was made by me, and the shipped-with-game character Sherman Bagley) whose relationship bars for each other are full but they are only showing as romantic interests.

They have no options to make out, to propose engagement and they refuse to WooHoo. They live together and other than this problem everything is normal.

Help please?
ClaireyM

Has anybody else even had this problem or am I the unlucky one?
ClaireyM

Hey. Hi. Hello.
Can anybody offer any help here?
CheckerPjs

That also happens with me! It is deeply irritating! Now I have to create CAS sims which are already in a couple/married relationship...
I dont think we can do much about it, I also made a similar question everyone told me that you had to have a 'flirty' or 'hopeless romantic' trait to get romantically involved, that is irritating right!

Xxx.

SimGuruLily

Hi folks.

In order to progress a romantic relationship, start with some gentle interactions under the Romantic category such as "Flirt" or "Confess attraction." If your partner responds positively, ie. "Sim 1 thinks Sim 2 is being flirty," then continue with some stronger interactions, like "Kiss." Careful of putting off your partner though or making them feel awkward by moving too fast, just like real in life.

Once you get in the correct state with your partner, there will be a romantic option to "Propose Going Steady" which will make them boyfriend/girlfriend. If either of them are already in a commited relationship, the option won't appear until they break up with their current partner(s). You do not need the Flirty or Hopeless Romantic trait to get romantically involed. Even the meanest grouch deserves some love.

If you're still having trouble, try moving one of the Sims out and then moving them back in, or having them both move into a different house. Good luck!
bamueller32

Relationship problems have been my biggest issue with the game. Despite reading the guide and knowing how relationships are intended to work, my early families took ages to become romantically involved even though they were able to woohoo. It took making my active female sim pregnant to get them to move in together and to this day they are still living in wedlock as an elderly couple.

I thought this would be a problem with all of my families, but lately I was playing a new couple and out of the blue the propose going steady option became available. Now I don't know what to think about making my sims have relationships and will probably just use CAS to make them married until the patch comes out.
Astronomer

This could be a bug in the storyline or just a bug. A male Sim I created, married a single Mom Sim with a child. When the mother moved into my created Sims household the baby stayed at her old household and took my Sims last name but we could not get the baby to the new household. It never came with the mother. When I sent the mother over to retrieve her baby from the old household it said that the mother did not know the Sims parents well enough to pick up the baby( This was her baby with my Sims new last name) The new father sim could go over to the mothers old household and pick the baby because it now had his last name. He could teach it to talk and change it, but could not take it to the new household. Talk about a mother disowning her own child. I had to start the game all over.....POOR BABY!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/19/09 02:27 AM

Kaleeko

I haven't had any issues with it, as GuruLily suggested, you need to make sure to woo the Sim for a significant period of time before the option becomes available -- having a high relationship score is simply not enough.

And as another tip, using ANY interaction from a different social category (ie Friendly, Mean, Romantic, Special, etc) will reset the "social mood" in the left hand corner, meaning you need to use exclusively 5-6 romantic interactions before more and more options become available.

If after 20 back-to-back romantic interactions (I'm serious, with some Sims, especially Unflirty, it takes that long) no more options are still available, I'd definitely say it's a glitch in your game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/19/09 05:05 AM

Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: