Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Sims cannot Ride There Bicycles  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
creativegal16

I bought the cycle rack...and the adult cycle too for the young adult in my household....but whenever i try to click the cycle a hand comes up instead of an arrow...

How do i make my sims ride their bicycles?

Any help is greatly appreciated
SoleilStarr

You have to set the bikes to who ever owns them. So if you bought it for a girl, set it to her, then click on a community lot and she'll ride it there.

CaecusLacrima

Or maybe you bought an adult bike for a child or a child bike for an adult. I actually made that mistake when I first started
MarySweet

CaecusLacrima wrote:Or maybe you bought an adult bike for a child or a child bike for an adult. I actually made that mistake when I first started

Thats what I was going to say I think the child bike is not clickable and only gives you a hand not a cursor.
The adultbike will give you the cursor and you can click it to set owner. If she is in elementary school and its a child's bike you don't click it she will just ride it when she feels like it. I have heard people say that when the bike gets into her inventory they delete the rack then she always has it in her inventory and they might be able to click on it from the inventory (not sure save game as... before trying).

Also you can select her as the active sim, go to map mode, and click on the house/lot/park/business you want her to visit and she will (should) get on her bike automatically. Edit: unless she is away from home then her bike would need to be in her inventory for her to use).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/14/09 12:20 PM

Spawned babies need your compassion

I like Story Progression; I just need it to make sense.

When my Sim-grandson moved out of the neighborhood:
Shatowkittygirl

Oh the hand is to put in your inv from there they will use it i was annoyed when mine just went in taxi's

Please dont screw up!!
Shatowkittygirl

Oh the hand is to put in your inv from there they will use it i was annoyed when mine just went in taxi's

Please dont screw up!!
creativegal16

Hey thanks everyone for your inputs...i'll just go back and play now

Thanks a lot once again
Ruyoayo

I believe your Sims will take the most efficient method of travel. If the place is close, they'll ride the bike but if it's further they'll take a cab.

Also, some items have a hybrid hand cursor, bikes are one of them. Those items can be directly manipulated by the player. You can use it to click and drag the item anywhere but it also acts like a normal cursor.
Lefteris

Gosh...this was driving me crazy! Thanks!

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: