Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Here's the way to get gigs and solve Gig master challenge.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
daychar

Here's the way to get gigs and solve Gig master challenge.

I finally got 15 gigs without any mods or any cheats.

-First, I started with 4 newly created sims, they had no any skill.

-Try to set option freewill to low for keep them do nothing but play music as I command them.

-Oder each sims to pick their instrument and practice, each sims learn to play one instrument skill only, drum, bass, guitar, piano

-Register all of your band members to self employ > band.

-Keep them do noting but play music and jam at bar.If they hungry just by food or have quick meal from fridge.(to prevent the other oppotionity come up but gig.If they got another in gig slot kill that and wait for gig)

-You don't have to click answer the phone all time, If gig comes up it will pop-up automaticly

-With this solution I had recived 3 gigs in week2 day 1 and it keep coming till 15 gigs.

Have fun

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/08/10 09:38 PM

daychar

My way has reached the goal but I don't recommend to play. Because it's so boring.

The key is

-Sims's skill, the more kind of skill they got the more hard to get gig.

-Band members in your household, more band members more telephone call, more chance of cause.

-It's kind like a Guitar star challenge, here it is.

How to achieve Guitar Star
It is recommended that the Sim doesn't have any job (including Music career) or any other skill (not even basic cooking skill. Eat Quick Meal or pizza). Just play guitar for tips on the park and street day and night, day after day. Then, the opportunity cards will come. It takes about 6 Sim weeks.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Guitar_Star

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/08/10 09:51 PM

daychar

And if you sick with your tips, when your band jams in bar and no audiance to pay tips, just throw party right there. invite many sims as you can.When they come to party keep playing they will pay you much

If you purchase ,Legendary host and The next big thing it might be useful.

sorry for my English.I live in Thailand and never use English much

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/08/10 09:10 PM

TinTinnerson48

Thank you!

We want supersims! (well, I do at least)
Jacek83218

If this the only way to get gigs, than it sucks more than "nice vampires".

EA. We all waiting for update!
daychar

Jacek83218 wrote:If this the only way to get gigs, than it sucks more than "nice vampires".

Yes, I know.. I feel sick of this too. It's so bore to get gig this way. hope the new update will fix this more frequence gig.
MaxQBaker

daychar wrote:
Jacek83218 wrote:If this the only way to get gigs, than it sucks more than "nice vampires".

Yes, I know.. I feel sick of this too. It's so bore to get gig this way. hope the new update will fix this more frequence gig.

Am hoping for more frequent gigs; AND ALSO some various downloadable "Song Packs" for gigs (even if they cost some money from the store.) Given how infrequent the gigs are, it gets PRETTY OLD practicing and performing that ONE song all the time.

Would be REALLY cool if they could get those tracks for the radio songs they put in the game... split up so you can jam bass, or drums, or guitar, or keys, or vocals in simlish (eventually), with tunes like Lady Antebellum, etc. That would make Gigging a hell of a lot more fun. You could actually remix a tune, depending on members playing, and style chosen (within limits of how EA created the tracks.) (This concept would definitely be worth paying for, in my opinion._)
Sincerbox

So one of my Band members while waiting for a Gig took the Celebrity Body opportunity. The Celebrity opportunities pay a lot of cash if you take them regularly. Anyway, because he took that opportunity twice he got to level 2 on the Athletic skill. Now he is constantly getting the Opportunity to go join the Sports career. It goes in middle slot of course. I decline the opportunity of course. If he does that he will no longer be registered self-employed Band. I read somewhere that they get one opportunity a day or something like that. Since this band member is always being offered the join the Sport career opportunity he never gets a gig offer. Same with the other Sims. Almost all my Sims develop the Charisma Skill and meet the Charisma Skill Challenges because it makes it so much easier to make friends. One charming introduction and they are instantly friends. The thing is all my Sims are constantly getting charisma opportunities even after they are level 10 in charisma. So every time they are offered an opportunity for any other skill it is one less chance for a Gig offer.

This finally is making a little more sense. It seems to me that you wouldn't need to kill the middle slot opportunity if you plan to fulfill it immediately. Make a little extra cash. You have probably lost you chance for a Gig offer that day.
chull_d

Oh, FFS! I definitely can't buy LN until they give us a patch, then. Arrrgh. ;_; I can honestly deal with annoying paparazzi and friendly-and-infectious vampires, and possibly even the empty bars - the vomiting is why I haven't bought it yet - but SOMETHING has to work. Something. Anything. At all.
Grandmothergamer

A bump for Funnygirl! I really found this helpful!
Grandmothergamer

Bump for Spring Fairy
Springfairy556

daychar wrote:Here's the way to get gigs and solve Gig master challenge.

I finally got 15 gigs without any mods or any cheats.

-First, I started with 4 newly created sims, they had no any skill.

-Try to set option freewill to low for keep them do nothing but play music as I command them.

-Oder each sims to pick their instrument and practice, each sims learn to play one instrument skill only, drum, bass, guitar, piano

-Register all of your band members to self employ > band.

-Keep them do noting but play music and jam at bar.If they hungry just by food or have quick meal from fridge.(to prevent the other oppotionity come up but gig.If they got another in gig slot kill that and wait for gig)

-You don't have to click answer the phone all time, If gig comes up it will pop-up automaticly

-With this solution I had recived 3 gigs in week2 day 1 and it keep coming till 15 gigs.

Have fun

I'll try this.But its too late for only having one skill, my sim is maxed in Atheltic, Cooking, Mixology, Piano, Guitar, Drums, Bass, Charisma, Handiness XD.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/13/12 08:47 PM

Springfairy556

daychar wrote:And if you sick with your tips, when your band jams in bar and no audiance to pay tips, just throw party right there. invite many sims as you can.When they come to party keep playing they will pay you much

If you purchase ,Legendary host and The next big thing it might be useful.

sorry for my English.I live in Thailand and never use English much

Too late for that.

My sim has pianop, bass, mixology, atheletic, drums, handy, cooking, gardening.

Yes...I have a lot of times on my hands.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 02/13/12 08:49 PM

AbbyMcTabby

I gave all my band members Charisma and Star quality thinking (logically) that it would help their music careers but it seems from this that all it does is distract them from it.

Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: