Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sim frozen in time...  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Pistolera

So I'm glad to see others are losing their mouse and I'm not insane.
Anyways, my sim Harry froze up today, the rest kept going, time passed, and everything else was normal. But he stood there frozen and non responsive... Paul also uses an iMac and had a similar problem, so I was wondering if this was a Mac issue.
Has this happened to anyone else?
simfan453

Yes to many of my sims
it's just a glitch
It is showing your computer lags memory
Bandaged_iris

This has also happened with my character, does this pass over time? it's a glitch recorded for when you teach your baby to talk, however the baby is in bad shape, no hygiene, or energy left, but herself and the mother are frozen, so no one can change her.

Pretty frustrating when you get invested in them!
Pearyfooa

I'm having the same issue too. My sim Iruza just finished teaching daughter Eruzia and they both froze. I've had this happen two times already But last time it eventually went away but still is annoying. How do I undo this when it happeens again?
Tyr_Arcana

I've not seen this problem (although during big parties (10+ sims) the game has resorted to moving and doing ai for one of them at a time, with the others all frozen for ages while they waited for their slot to come round, which is absolutely shocking given how ****-poor their ai is in the first place.

However, if you get locked frozen sims, the solution is to enter the 'cheat' code resetSim followed by their name. Then again, some people are reporting that some of the cheat codes simply don't work on the mac port.
beepbeep

my sims has frozen in time also. i noticed if u go to map view it does the commands. but then when u go back into view the sims shes frozen in the laying position and time just passes. i hope they fix this soon. i wonder if its happening on pcs also.
girle

It's happened to me too. My Sim missed work because of it.

You need to reset him/ her.

[Ctrl] + [Shift] + C to display the console window.
resetSim [first name] [last name]

e.g. resetSim Mortimer Goth

Good luck!
torabird1

this is getting on my nerves! ive tried every thing moving house teleporting restarting my pc nothing works its so annoughying what do i do
hok133

girle wrote:It's happened to me too. My Sim missed work because of it.

Good luck!

hey this was verrry helpful things X 10!!!
Mizu36

It's happened to me too. My Sim missed work because of it.

Good luck!

This doesn't work if your sim is frozen in a weird position, for example, laying on a bed. My sim is tuck like this. I use the cheat and she teleports away from the bed but is still in the position. She is then still unresponsive.
aalyak

I've tried the resetSim cheat and my Sim is still frozen. Time just continues to go on and she misses work and everything. What should I do?
Zachemc2

You might need more memory.

stephneg

I am having the exact same problem as mizu36. I just recently purchased a mac (it's only a month and a half old) so I can tell you that it's not a memory problem. The resetsim code doesn't work when they they are frozen in the sleeping position. Frustrating!
greeneyes3364

Thank you SO much! You fixed my Sims as they froze while she was teaching her baby to talk too. Life saver!

"It's happened to me too. My Sim missed work because of it.

Good luck!"
Chiron

This isn't just a Mac problem, many PC users are reporting the same thing (there's a thread here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/325756.page)

The'reset' cheat seems to be just a temporary fix. I've used it for specific sims and it works but not for long. I've given up on the game for now but keep coming here hoping someone has an answer! Good luck and let's hope EA fixes this soon.

Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: