Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
French Easel/Sketchbook needed for sim's travel & field work  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
CrescentMoonPye

My artsy, science-minded sims want to sketch "out in the field" very badly and they can't.

EA, If you were to make a sketchpad object or a portable French Easel so our simmies can romp the countryside drawing as they go and gain art skills abroad, my sims would sure appreciate it.

Just Brainstorming

--------
Maybe a painting easel that would fit in their 'Inventory'
OR
a 'Sketchpad' object that works like the camera only gains art skill points when we capture the image with the 'C' keystroke.
OR
allow artistically-talented sims to 'Sketch It' as well as 'View' when they click on objects/collectibles
(i.e. have a 'sketch' option for the bug/rock they locate out in the field; or the plant/object that they view while hiking; or the sculpture they are viewing).

That way, sims can build their art skills while they are on vacation, in the field, or where there is an easel but it's already in use on a lot.

--------
Sims could take the small completed watercolor/sketch from their 'Inventory' and stick it to the wall like a photo or maybe a matted watercolor painting the size of a small painted canvas from the easel.

OR
sims could leave a completed 'watercolor sketchbook' out like an album for other sims to peruse. [ TS2 had picture albums that sims could purchase and leave out on the coffee table. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt those old camera object actions to create a sketchbook.]

--------

Well, it's just a thought.
I know, I know: a lot of what I suggested could just be done with the camera/phone, but then the sims don't get Painter skills, they get Photography skills.
(ignore this suggestion if you've already made somethin like it, EA.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/13/10 09:40 AM

littlemissleo

I really like these ideas.
hummingbird41556

As an artist myself, I am not limited to drawing/painting at home so this is a wonderful idea! I would love to have my Sims be able to take an easel to a local park and paint a picture of what they see there!

I've spent over $2000 on store stuff, the LEAST EA can do is make sure it is functional!
Jorge10dc

That'd be good

My Studio
Please rec anything you like
SimmySimms678

well u can download one at modthesims.com like yeah they have one right here. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=404664
hummingbird41556

SimmySimms678 wrote:well u can download one at modthesims.com like yeah they have one right here. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=404664

That is really nice if you want to download stuff, personally I won't. It shouldn't take a mod to do something that makes sense for the game to have in it already.

The only CC I have is from the store. I plan to keep it that way so EA can't say it's my downloads when I have glitches. LOL

I've spent over $2000 on store stuff, the LEAST EA can do is make sure it is functional!
CrescentMoonPye

hummingbird41556 wrote:
SimmySimms678 wrote:well u can download one at modthesims.com like yeah they have one right here. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=404664

That is really nice if you want to download stuff, personally I won't. It shouldn't take a mod to do something that makes sense for the game to have in it already.

The only CC I have is from the store. I plan to keep it that way so EA can't say it's my downloads when I have glitches. LOL

I hear ya, sister! I do the same for the same reason. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who wants to make mobile art with my sims.

But I'm very glad that ~SimmySimms678 mentioned the CC download for the simmers that love CC too or simmers who don't want to wait. Thanks ~Simmy!
---------
The more I play my sims abroad, the more I'd like a 'sketch object' ability. If my sim is gonna plunder archeological sites, the least she can do is be responsible and document the things she took the way she found them so that the researchers at the museum don't get upset when they go there to dig.
Maybe the Sims History channel could use the sketches in their documentaries. Hee, just kidding.

CrescentMoonPye

Do any of the new EPs have something like this in them?

KitKat383838

CrescentMoonPye wrote:Do any of the new EPs have something like this in them?

You mean like Generations(the newest realeased one)? No they don't. This is a great idea though! Its kinda odd that you can only paint the same things times after time from your house...I DO know that there is a "remember image" option or something on your phone once you reach a certain level with painting(between 5-7, I'm not entirely sure.). I'm PRETTY sure you can use it to paint that image later, but I've never tried it. I don't know if that comes with any EPs , sorry bout that.
WillHoot

i agree there are some great overlooks but are only usable with cameras amd i think it would be cool for sims to be able to paint it. or have it so that if they have a camera they could paint from a photo. which could also be used with photos from other sims.
CrescentMoonPye

WillHoot wrote:i agree there are some great overlooks but are only usable with cameras amd i think it would be cool for sims to be able to paint it. or have it so that if they have a camera they could paint from a photo. which could also be used with photos from other sims.
That would be very cool.

I figured that the portable sketch pad would work like that or the drafting table, and let sims make charcoal/pastels/pencil/watercolor sketches to hang on the wall that would be a different art style to mix it up.

~KitKat "I'm PRETTY sure you can use it to paint that image later" - I've gotten to that level, it works nicely, and it's neat but I think you can only save one image in your sim's head at a time. It would be nice to 'collect them as you go' to put them in your inventory like photos to bring home.
Of course Will Hoot's idea would take care of that if the photo's are collected in the inventory and you could use them to paint/draw back home depending on which art tool you use.
But I still like the idea of being abroad and gaining the art skill and moodlets involved by "creating-on-the-go" with a portable art tool.

OR
I forgot about the scrapbook feature. It would be easy to make a program that would allow sims to paint from the pics collected in there?! Wouldn't it? That would be neat and would work on vacations.
But I would still like my sim to make DaVinci-like drawings and field sketches. Variety.

Hmmmmmmm.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/02/11 01:47 AM

Aquias

I would love to have portable easels in ts3.

tallcoolone

hummingbird41556 wrote:

agree!
CrescentMoonPye

French Easels - portable Easels - French Easels - French Easels - portable Easels...

Sorry. I was obsessing over how much my sim wants one on her vacations. (Such a pretty scene and it would have looked so nice on a Large canvas. Boo Hoo!).

Jarsie9

This is actually something I would enjoy also, because it would be unique to the Sims 3.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: