Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
A list of unofficial bugs and issues with The Sims 3 *UPDATED 06/18 - 2 NEW FIXES!*  XML
Forum Index » Possible Bugs
TurkeyBacon

Honeeishome wrote:My sims change into random outfits.

Like he'll change into his gym clothes or swimwear to get in the bed or change into formal wear to get in the pool.

The only outfits that he does right are his work outfits.

Anyone else having this issue?

Does your sim have the 'Insane' trait? If so, then its not a bug. They're just insane!

TurkeyBacon
JERorly

jamasia wrote:First, thanks for posting the no.15 "Can't Let go" fix! that glitch was driving me bananas. i was trying to ignore it. but that weird animation happening in the corner of the screen is really buggy.

Anytime.

jamasia wrote:
Second, i have this other glitch. i play about three familes in Sunset [the only neighborhood i have]. one of the three familes i've been playing for like two days straight. so then i decide to check up on one of my previous familes, because i notice that i haven't seen him wandering around like everyone else. when i try to switch housholds hes gone. no one lives there, house is furnished with his stuff, but he's gone. he is absolutely no where on the map.

i checked his "baby's mother's" house [accross the street] and she is still there [she was made by maxis] and the children he fathered are still there. and in their family tree, his picture is still bright [i thougt that he might have had an accident and died? not sure if that can happen if you are not playing them?], he's not dead. i tried to have her call him, but he is no longer in her list of contacts.

i placed a new copy of him from the bin in the house, and am trying to fix all his relationships. but i need to know how to avoid this, or fix it if it happens again [sadness]. i hope you can find or figure out a fix.

EDiT:
Random families are disappearing from my game. The Bunch family [maxis made] is gone! i went to go visit them and the emtpy house icon with the unclickable "Ring Bell" came up. the disappearing plague has hit my town, HELP!

This has been reported multiple times and heck, i've even seen the grayed out when visiting thing myself but until now I just assumed they were out of the house. But I will add the disapearing families to the list of issues. Thanks for confirming.

devagirl2 wrote:I may be in the wrong place to post this but I'm having a problem with the site. I've uploaded a Sim I want to use as an avatar but when I go to my studio I'm not getting the option to 'use as avatar', it's just nowhere. -->

Well try it this way - go to your page by clicking on your blue, underlined name in the top left of the website, then going on Edit Avatar - if your Sim is uploaded then you can just choose it with a bullet-point like selection and then apply those changes.

Mineko wrote:
JERorly wrote:

17.How disgustingly odd

Issue: Recieving a bad moodlet that depletes your mood that doesn't go away, regardless of the timer on it. It's the 'Disgusted' moodlet, and even if you don't see any pots and pans laying around your Sim is almost certain that there is something to be disgusted about.

JER

I had this happen to me after digging around in someone's trash with my law enforcement sim. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't going away. It turns out, I had trash in my inventory. Dragging it out of my inventory and cleaning it up solved the problem. (Well, actually, I made my husband clean it up. )

Yes I will add this to the issue, I forgot this. FYI a quicker way to clean it up is to drag it straight over the dustbin out front. Thanks for the reminder.

Mineko wrote:Also, I had an issue I reported in this thread about getting stuck gaining skills.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/11782.page

Someone else reported this same problem in this thread.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/13055.page

Thank you very much, I will add it to the list of issues.

Cupidknewrap wrote:
Marcodarco wrote:Hello people!
Major issue, when flirting with a sim a hundred times relationship status does not change to romantic interest for AGES! seems impossible to make a sim have a BF/GF, even after Woohoo they still stay the same!

Just to confirm I have this one too. My sim and another have done woohoo at least once a day for 30~40 days and still not a romantic interest.

Alright, well in that case i'll add it to the list. Thanks a lot for confirming!

TurkeyBacon wrote:
Honeeishome wrote:My sims change into random outfits.

Like he'll change into his gym clothes or swimwear to get in the bed or change into formal wear to get in the pool.

The only outfits that he does right are his work outfits.

Anyone else having this issue?

Does your sim have the 'Insane' trait? If so, then its not a bug. They're just insane!

I actually lol'd I think your avatar was what made me laugh at it, and the smiley, but yeah either way could this be confirmed please so I know whether or not to add it to the list!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/09 03:15 PM

JERorly

Thanks a lot to everyone who's been submitting issues to me, keep it up. Let's try and get this stickied?

I added 2 new bugs, families disapearing and no romance. I added 2 possible fixes for families disapearing.

joeygerald805

I'm definitely going to keep watching this thread! And you included my question about the special agent career -- awesome! I'm more worried about the no music problem, which I've experienced constantly for the past two days. I have spent about 5 hours in build mode without music, it's so boring!
mamamiapisa

My sims hair always dissapears just stating even if they have hair they out of the blue go bald and its getting really annoying
Rappunen

Here's another person whose roofs disappear. The houses clearly have roofs - sims don't complain and the rooms below get shadows, the player can see triangulat walls and whatnot - but there are no visible roofs. Roof angle and pattern can be changed, but the roof still won't show up. I'm goiiiing slightly mad because of this bug.
somerndmguy

Whenever I drag something in live mode, or move or build something in build/buy mode, the little green boxes around the objects I've clicked go all wonky.

Like, the corners of boxes fly off to the edges of infinity. It's not that big a deal, but it's just kind of annoying.

I may post screenshots later.
JoeJude16

OK, here's one that may be a bug or may be a feature. My sim got involved with a sim that was in a relationship. At one point I was given the option to ask him to break up with his gf, so I did, wanting to then have him move in with my sim. Problem is that, like everyone else, I can't seem to get the factos right to get an invite to move in option.
So, figured I would just merge the households, only couldn't find his house in the town. I started to follow him and apparently HE IS NOW HOMELESS! He sleeps on park benches, uses public bathrooms, hangs at the reading center. I know I get WAY too involved with these virtual characters, but it's killing me that I now have a homeless sim and cannot seem to do anything to improve his situation!
Iceclaw

In addition to ctrl+lalt+c ctrl+shift+c gets the cheat box.
Pezman

No.11 no fix in the thread for random crashes! Any idea on this?
16femke16

i'm also having troubles with my roof. I can't see it, so can't build it. When i'm in the city i can see all the roofs of other buildings but not mine, and when i'm working or living in the house it isn't there. I see shadows and the walls of the roof, but the roof isn't there!. This is realy driving me crazy. could you PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ HELP MEEE!!!!!
Jiyeon

Finally figured out the sims not uploading bug. It is all down to a size issue. The people who have been suffering from this problem have had sim files to upload that are over 1mb. I'm guessing EA has a limit on how big a file can be (they seriously need to rethink capping the files at 900 kb). I've tested different sims with various kinds of content. For example sims with every bit of clothing/hair customized with patterns and whatnot will bump the file up to 1mb but after a total rehaul of that same sim with basic colourings and clothing the file has reduced to 800 kb and uploaded to the exchange. So thankfully not a issue on the users part I'm guessing EA please look into this issue I love customizing my sims!
moonracer23

In addition to the Romantic Interest bug: My sims are capable of achieving "romantic interest" between each other but not progress past that. There are no "go steady/get engaged/married" type options available, just spend the night.

I notice that many times opening the Romantic conversation tree between the same two sims the options are different. I'm wondering if there are just lots of options and no "more" selection to switch between them.

I'm also wondering how this slipped through playtesting :/
poda05

Thanks for posting this.

I've been fortunate and haven't experienced most of the bugs listed. The mains ones of mine are that my neighbors like to steal my babies, and the no music in buy/build mode sometimes.

I have one thing that I noticed, but I am not sure if it's a bug, just something that happens because of how the game is, or something else. Twice I've had my sim invite his current girlfriend to live with him, and when each girl moved in (this was two different times with two different girlfriends), they both just happened to be on the last day of their adulthood, and they aged up to elder the minute they moved in. Is there an explanation for this?
Phantascene

Bugs I have found so far are the no visible roof and my Sim made food, then left it on the counter. He did put it away as leftovers when I told him to though.

The roof is the one I noticed first, I'm trying to build a log cabin, so flat roof 'fix' does not look right on it. I can get the end walls, but no roof. Even tried to build it again using the roof types after building it. Really need a roof on the house because I want to make videos to share with my friends and it looks odd for my Sim to be sleeping happily without a roof in neighborhood view.

Food I had not realized was a glitch until I read it in this thread because my Sim has only fixed food once so far. Looking for the fix for that one, saw up there there was a fix on it now.

Thank you so much for creating this thread too! Lots of helpful information and fixes I'm sure I'll need as I play more.

My friend's computer infected mine with the Sims virus.

Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: