Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Sim disappeared when traveling (with screen shot)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Cndy20009

Iseran wrote:I have the same problem. I'm running Sims 3 and WA on a Mac, no custom content except a very few downloads from the official Sims store. I try to go home and end up back in the vacation destination with no active sims.

I believe that I only get this problem when (1) trying to return home from a vacation (2) after purchasing a vacation home, and (3) when there is another Sim in my household who is back in Sunset Valley.

The game seems to get confused about where "home" is. EA, please HELP!

When that happened to me, I had just bought a vacation home. I also tried making a tomb in my home lot.

Well now that I'm running my backup, I'm sticking to Base Camp. I get adventures that way and my Sims do not disappear.

tylerwesley

I know right i feel your pain man, the same S**T happen to me and im ****** off I spent all that time on my neighbor hood and that SON OF A B***H EP F**KED up my game and messed up my software on my computer now my comp. wont start up correctly I absolutely POSITIVELY HATE the Sims 3 Wolrd Adventures EP. I think the Sims 2 is way better and way easier to handle when it comes to the gameplay. EA didnt even have to do all this Sims 3 S**T all they had to do is fix the sims 2 graphics for the game and they wouldnt evn have to come out with the Sims 3. anyways Sims 3 is harder to get downloads on the game, and the game itself is so annoying and hard to comprehend And the sims 2 it was easier to get the downloads on the game and the majority of the downloads got on the game. Im starting to think that the Sims 3 isnt gonna be as good as they made it look like and what the fans are making it look like I think that the Sims 2 is a so much better not because it has more EP's because i would rather perfer to play the Sims 2 with the Bon Voyage EP by itself , then play the Sims 3 World Adventures to be honest the onlything i like about the Sims 3 is the Customization, Traits, Open-World, Better Graphics other wise the game has nothing on the Sims 2 besides what i just listed... So Sims 3 Im not to happy with it right now...EA your messing up.... dont dissapoint us EA

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/13/10 12:50 AM

dagny1

Same problems with no mods or CC. Please help.
AriaGirl77

Same problem. I have no mods or CC.

So far it seems to be just one sim who is glitched. I can return back home by going back to the main menu without saving, but it sucks because this particular sim has a LTW of exploring 6 tombs in each country and he's only one tomb away from completing this goal. And of course now he can't travel at all because once he does he disappears.
natdee

I think that this is a pretty common problem. It happened to me too...and I solved it! It took some time, but I had been playing my household forever and hadn't backed up, so I was pretty desperate.

What I did:

1) Your screen looks like ZandoCarfiny's after traveling (see screen shot on first post)
2) Go to "Edit Town"
3) Your game now thinks that your active town is wherever you were traveling to. Choose a new active household in this location (so in Egypt, choose an Egyptian family as your active household)
4) Use the cell phone of someone in your new active household to "Return Home" (as if they were the ones that were traveling)
5) The foreign family will now be a part of your "old" active household. Move them out.
6) Have someone in your household call the sim who was traveling to come visit. If this doesn't work you may have to use the cheat "resetSim [the traveling sim's name]" before you have them come visit
7) When they're visiting, either have someone in your household ask them to move in, or use the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true", shift-click the sim, and click add to active
8 ) k, now your family is all back together and home. Go to edit town, choose the foreign family you had move into your town, and click the icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen to edit the town in their country. Move them back into their own home. ***if you had them move onto a random lot when you moved them out, you'll have to evict them first ***if they have no household money, you'll have to use the cheat "motherlode" a few times while they're on a lot so that they can afford their old home
9) click "return to game"
10) Back up your game so you never have to do this again

I hope this makes sense and that it helps someone else out.
TheEvilLJ

This happens to me when I go to France. I have no mods and I have the patch.
ArtsyArcher

Thank you so much natdee - your fix saved my game!

I'm playing on a macbook with all patches and no mods. Until this event I've been rather lucky in avoiding major glitches. FWIW, I sent a SV teen on a solo trip to France (entire family has traveled twice before with no problems). She's back home now but her inventory is empty and the family has the negative "Mourning" moodlet.
natdee

I'm glad it helped
macshel

I'm also having the same problem! Alot of people are posting the problem - it would be nice to hear of a resolution!
Jaghar7

That would be nice. But so far there is no indication that the dev team even knows what is going on. Best we've heard so far is 'it's being looked into'

We just have to hope it's resolved by the time the next EP is out.

And just for the heck it I'll recommend the following one more time.

1: Keep multiple saves. I keep 1 for home and 1 for each vacation location. I only save using Save As so I can keep track of which one I'm using.

2: Soon as your neighborhood shows signs of serious problems. (For me this was around week 33 for the disappearing sims), copy all families you want to save to the bin.

3: Place copy of said families in a new neighborhood.

4: Enjoy.

'newer' neighborhoods don't seem to exhibit these serious problems. At least I don't think I've read anyone since I've been on the forums that has had a game-stopping bug in a fresh game.

This obviously isn't a solution but so far it's working very well for me to avoid major issues.

ahattem

i have the same problem.
Every time i try to have my sim travel, it comes up with that blank screen (see first post)and the whole game stops. i can never do anything, and it seems the rest of my game is fine. i have also ambitions EP which might be the problem, but im not uninstalling. i have to always close the game forcefully with task manager. >.< HELP EA!!!!!!! :'(

Somehow I know you'll never love me back, but until you tell me that, I'm just going to keep on believing.
BookwormBecky

Same problem. It looks exactly like the screen shot. I've had the game for months and hadn't seen a problem and all of a sudden, this happened.
I have no custom content and my game is fully updated.
And I've traveled with this sim (and his multiple vacation homes) at least 10 times and never seen a problem. I've had his vacation home in france for at least 3 other trips, and I've never seen this problem before.
I haven't done anything to the game or to my computer since I've had the game, so I don't know what's causing this.

PLEASE HELP, I want to travel again.
Chuglo

Listen people...WE don't care that it happened to you..WE only care about solving the problem..So please don't waste your time saying "This happened to me too and I wasn't using any custom content" because the problem here is to solve the issue and the starter of this thread explained in depth enough for all of us to understand the issue. Sadly EA has failed epically for they have over zealous problems with the game and they claim that the patches have fixed this issue but they haven't. I scroll through this thread trying to find a solution to the problem but all I see are people saying that it happened to them. Obviously this issue is still raging through out the Sims 3 whether or not you have CC or Mods installed so please don't waste your time posting that it happened to you because we only care about solving the problem. I'm sure that all of you want to play your Sims 3 as much as I do.

Thank you
Chuglo

Listen people...WE don't care that it happened to you..WE only care about solving the problem..So please don't waste your time saying "This happened to me too and I wasn't using any custom content" because the problem here is to solve the issue and the starter of this thread explained in depth enough for all of us to understand the issue. Sadly EA has failed epically for they have over zealous problems with the game and they claim that the patches have fixed this issue but they haven't. I scroll through this thread trying to find a solution to the problem but all I see are people saying that it happened to them. Obviously this issue is still raging through out the Sims 3 whether or not you have CC or Mods installed so please don't waste your time posting that it happened to you because we only care about solving the problem. I'm sure that all of you want to play your Sims 3 as much as I do.

Thank you
Npisvaj

I had the same problem, but (so) I deleted the family.

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: