Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Why is my town Gay?!?!?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Srikandi715

In the unmodded game, the way homosexuality works in the Sims 3 is this:

If you never direct a sim to use a romantic social with another sim of the same sex, there will be no autonomous gay relationships in your town.

Once you use a romantic social with a same-sex sim, your town is marked "gay friendly" and you will get autonomous gay relationships.

So, if you don't want ANY gay couples, you can already do that. Just don't use any same-sex romantic socials.

Beyond that, if you want to control the proportion of same-sex couples, yeah, you need a mod. I believe Twallan's story progression has a setting for it. If you don't want to go that far, you can use his Supercomputer mod to get demographic information and modify the relationship panels of individual sims.
Wolfaura

I had a simular problem. I'd just move in the gay couple and then get them to romance someone of the opposite sex and marry them and have a child then move them out.

Pancakelicious

LOL. I have never had any gay activity in my town excapt for once when one guy was flirting with another. The other guy was freaked out though so it didn't really work. Unsure if this is a good or bad thing

Mohamadkaaki

I never had gay couples in my game as long as i know ...

<333 The Sims 3 <333
NICO4

Wolfaura wrote:I had a simular problem. I'd just move in the gay couple and then get them to romance someone of the opposite sex and marry them and have a child then move them out.

I do the same thing.

I'm a die hard WWE fan. #DealWithTheHeel
thesimdeej33

I just went into the game and did a total census of all the gay couples in my town, and I didnt realise I had that many! and this doesnt include my own playable households. I play 4 households, they are heterosexual households. there is 15 other families in town 11 of the those non-playable households are gays, the other 4 are heterosexual. I personally went into every one of those non-playable households just to check the relationship status.

AthenaOnyx

I'm sorry for your in convenience, but the scenario is so awesome and funny. It's amazing how far society has come in 15 years, that a Teen rated game could allow this to happen.
munckei

I dont have any gay couples in my game, i dont think. I was going to make one, but after reading what Srikandi715 said, i might not because i dont want the entire town to turn gay.

Interested in the music industry and audio equipment?
Then check out my blog!
MUSICmunckei
dolphinz2121

You get couples at least. My town's single. Only one child has been born by progression before.

zanysazy

XD with the super computer story progression mod you can control if you want gay sims or no gay sims in your town

PollySim

hippiedippie927 wrote:
sim_moore wrote:
LMFBO! It must be 'The Village People' virus.

That's hilarious.

LOL, hippiedippie927. Those smilies are amazing.

I know that the issue must be frustrating, but I would just keep throwing new families in with loads of kids. Maybe play with story progression turned off for a while and move from family to family to keep them at it.

Either that, or just embrace the rainbow!

Couriervaughan

You could same sex mods that your gays have kids http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=352028

KaiIei

PollySim wrote:
LOL, hippiedippie927. Those smilies are amazing.

I know that the issue must be frustrating, but I would just keep throwing new families in with loads of kids. Maybe play with story progression turned off for a while and move from family to family to keep them at it.

Either that, or just embrace the rainbow!

I loved them as well hahaha

I'll eat chu up~

Nicarra60

zanysazy wrote:XD with the super computer story progression mod you can control if you want gay sims or no gay sims in your town

It's even a percentage chance of a Sim being gay. The default is 5 but you can make it more likely or impossible.

Prettyweed870

I have both gay and straight people/couples in my game. My gay couples adopt children so there are always new people to interact with. If you don't like the balance in your town, you probably need to start a new town. Sounds like yours is buggy and story progression is not working properly. Hope your next town works as well as mine does.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/10 01:13 PM

[/URL]

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: