Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Showcasing Your Lots Workshop III  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
garbuckle3000

OK. First post on thread number 3. Let's hope this one sticks around.

Are you going to try and continue numbering the pages, Fid? I can't remember where we left off...

PAGE 947

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/23/10 03:52 PM

stuartjames3011

Thanks kimjo313! But, don't you think the night ones are more dramatic?

239CX5

HERE IS MY MOST RECENT WORK!

The Oswald museum

it includes lots of hallways (mostly filled with gothique armor)

Here is the grand enterance in which you sim will enter:

Now for a tour!

Here is the kings bedroom:

Here is an example of a knights bedrooms:

And for the guests they get some more in their room:

Now to the other part of theMuseum part that includes paintings and exhibits:

This lot also has a carpark and an internet cafe up top.

Here is the link to download this lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3269157

Don't forget to REC =D

Did I mention it has some halways to discover...

That concludes our tour for today...

THANKYOU

I spent 16 hours over 4 days making this lot.
Everything is finished except for the landscaping and a few toutches.
(like if I had the sims 3 world adventures I would add things like torches on the walls instead of candles at the front entrance)

Hey fid, congradulations on the thread again. Hopefully this one does not dissapear like the others. Anyway here Is the very basis of the lot I am working on. Things such as the candle in the kings bedroom needs to be moved and I can put alot more work into this lot. I should also should start on the landscaping soon.

Any suggestions on what I should do with the landscaping? =D

Because your thread was gone I also posted it here as it's own thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/278900.page

I also need to get into the habit of customizing my content whenever I build each room. I also think some of those hallways need some paintings. I think I will build some dungeons and an underground well in a basement as they used to have in medieval castles. To be more true to medievival times The windows would be smaller and they would be open and have no glass.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 10/22/10 10:43 PM

Leebeejeebee

Have to say I'm a big fan of that night shot Stuart! Looks like it should be up in the Hollywood hills somewhere. I'm very envious of your striking modern architecture - right now I'm trying to come up with a modern design for the latest Build n Share - its not easy!

Thank you for all the help you guys gave me on my last project: I think the thread went before you got to have a look though Fid - media is on my showcase thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/205290.page
I have to say, although I have got more downloads than I have on a build before, I'd love some extra critique - still under 200 DL's and only 7 recs

Thanks to those of you that swung by my showcase thread and left comments, that made me feel much better

midnight445

Thank You for the review and the recommends Fidlerten. I really enjoy your sincere writings. Though, keep in mind that I'm always coming up with something new, unusual and you know, Midnight style. Also,Omicron Livings and Alpha Livings were created as themes, you know, like fashion showcases, nothing more. If people enjoy the whole house, fine by me, move in but I'm more interested in the whole idea of red & black, black and white squares and why not, yellow and black stripes. Though, yes, I love you for being honest and professional. Keep up the good work!

stuartjames3011

Leebeejeebee wrote:Have to say I'm a big fan of that night shot Stuart! Looks like it should be up in the Hollywood hills somewhere. I'm very envious of your striking modern architecture - right now I'm trying to come up with a modern design for the latest Build n Share - its not easy!

Leebeejeebee - *blush* thank you! I love the moderns. But have been challenged by one of the FLIP Team to do something else..... so... watch this space! Thank you, sincerely, for your compliments. A tip: I go on the hunt for architectural pics and things that grab me I try to build (with a few Stu-changes here there). Which night shot did you prefer.

I also checked back on your thread. Thought I had been there and commented, and I had already... but bumped it up again none the less.

Don't forget that each time we do something, we get better at it! And you can clearly see on your thread that you have been getting better at it! Well done, you! Rec-ed and downloaded! ;o)

Jasnik82

Lol, sorry Stu, I really should have checked back before I posted. My fave is the shot with the rocky hillside. I do think that night shots are often difficult to see, but I think you have captured it well with good lighting, and it is definately more dramatic at nigh. I like the covershot you just posted too (thumbs up here).

Porky, sorry but I did not have time to see you build an entire house, it would be easier to see a more finished product in video or picture form.

You have some nice houses there Leebee, I particularly like the interior of your asian build.

239CX5, wow this is a huge build. The castle looks a little too flat at the front, it would be nice to pull some sections of wall forward or push some back for a bit of character. I like the extras you have used here or there like the bed pan for instance. You have done well with the base objects you have.

ChicagoStorm

Glad the thread is back up and running. I'll get a pic of an interior space I was doing for a challenge up soon.

Question: Anyone have a problem CASing stuff? When I do it comes up as "Materializing Materials"...weird. It could be some of my CC acting up, but I'm just wondering.

SillyCailey

Okay Fidler I think I got those pictures fixed, photobucket was giving me problems again.

SO here is my current WIP - it has no name yet and this is just the first floor

First the floor plan

OH Second floor

OH first floor - no furniture

OH First floor - kinda furnished

Bear in mind only the wood has been cas'd to the same style and color, some of the furniture has been cas'd still open for suggestions

Living area right side of entry door

Living area left side of entry door

Entertainment center

Looking into Kitchen from living area

Chess area

Other side of the entertainment center is a juice and wine bar

And here is the dining area

The easel is by the window for natural light

shots of the kitchen from different angles

Looking from back door toward the entry

area outside dinging area - the loveseat and curtain mirror each other's shape

Closet for coats and under stair storage

Laundry room

Powder room

I wasn't happy with the rugs, so I was playing around with carpet tiles and tried this

Wasn't happy with that either so I tried this in the living and dining area OH

floor level

thanks for looking fidler.

Angelllite7

sooo glad this is back! thank you!

stuartjames3011

Angelllite7 - I agree! The first version of this thread was the very first thread I bookmarked... I am so glad it is up and running again!

SillyCailey - how far along are you with this WIP? The only thing that is sticking out too much for me at the moment are the counter tops and the sides and fonts of the top kitchen cupboards. I can't imagine something being padded in kitchen.

ChicagoStorm Never heard of that.... it might be your cc... looking forward to seeing your entry in the challenge. Seriously amazing work going on with that challeneg!

Jasnik82 giggle! Clearly I am no good with making decisions. I wish you could see me when I am CAS-ing things! lol

239CX5 Huge man! Huge! And sometimes it feels a little bare because it is soooo huge. Let's shrink some of it, darken up some of the wall, add 'things', give it some character.... ;o)

garbuckle3000 how are you mister?!

midnight445 I don't entire agree with Fid. Sometimes it is nice to have something which pops and is different – even if it is not to our personal taste.

1, 2, or 3 - which do you think will work best on the forum?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/23/10 12:32 AM

chocolates2009

Hey Stu,

I think the first one is the best one. I really like the day and night pictures. I especially like the night one because of the moon in the background. It looks really nice in the picture.
stuartjames3011

thanks chocolates2009

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/23/10 12:49 AM

mene

I'm so glad this is back up I've never posted here before, but I'm a long time lurker and have learned so much.

Stuartjames I love the 1st covershot, with the moon in the background, the rocky landscaping and the lights from the inside. It's all very dramatic. I can't wait to see more, this house looks fantastic.
Jasnik82

Stu, I would go with pic #2. I do like the moon, but its a bit hypnotising and at first glance your eye is drawn straight to it. This takes away from the initial wow reaction of the house. Of course all pics are good, you have a tough choice.

Cailey, I remember seeing some of these pics on the previous thread. You have utilised MOO very well and done a great job with your floor designs.

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: