Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
"Sims3Launcher.exe is not a valid Win32 application"?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
JagerDave

Downloaded the updated version of EADM. Then downloaded Sims 3 and all expansions via EADM. Installed Sims 3 and attempted to launch via desktop icon and received this error.

This is after I took the advice of tech support to uninstall everything and re-download to resolve a "known issue".

As much as I enjoy(ed) this game, I've spent more time troubleshooting the bugs then playing. Now I'm stuck not even able to launch the base game to update it. I give.
prettykitty111

Wolfpyre wrote:You know its pretty sad when the gammers are smarter then tech support you guys ROCK...... Fix is simple for the Windows 7 64 bit for those who get this error message
"C:/program files (x86)\electronic Arts\TheSIMS3\Game\Bin\Simslauncher.exe IS NOT A VALID WIN32 APPLICATION"

FIX IT LIKE THIS enter your SimS 3 DVD in your drive and going to my computer and Exploring the icon, Open Game then BIn and copy Sims3launcher.ex_ and rename it to sims3launcher.exe and replace it the same way you did.

Sorry, I'm rubbish at computors, but i need more help. I have got to the open game , then bin, then copy sims3launcher.ex_ but then I'm stuck. How do I rename it, and how do i replace it? It's probably really obvious, but I can't do
Babydoll3133

I am having the same problem with Medieval. I installed it and was never able to load it. If I try to bypass the launcher and use the ".exe" it says it can't start. EADM is giving me the same problem. I uninstalled ALL Sims games (from 1 to Medieval) as well as the EADM - cleaning the registry of everything EA related and tried to install JUST Medieval and the EADM - same problem.

EA contacted me giving me instructions on how to fix it and I don't think they even READ my question through (shock shock - surprise).

I am running Windows 7 ultimate 64

Anyone have an idea

The above didn't work - it got rid of the "not a valid win32-thing" but now it just vanishes from the task manager. If I click the game exe, it just says it can't run. I tried using the above soulution for that as well, but it didn't work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/11 05:47 AM

gwarmi

"SO I found a way to fix the problem, I installed the game on a different computer (my laptop running the same OS) and it worked without any problems so I then copied the "sims3launcher.exe" file and put it on my main PC in the sims 3 folder(the one with the launcher problem). I didn't replace the old file but just renamed it.

Hope this helps some other people out there with the same problem!!

Beagle."

How do you get it from one computure to the next? does that involve wires or anything?
JuLie199433

When i try to replace the .ex_ file with the .exe file it says that it doesnt have any room on the disk, and it wont let me delte the .ex_ file. I copied the .ex_ file to my desktop and changed it to exe there but it still say "the sims launcher has stopped working" and evn when i change it to compatibility mode it still doesnt work
victoriabraddock

Ahh. I'm also having the problem with renaming, so I tried copying the file from my computer to paste into my laptop (which is having the problem) but the file was automatically converted to an .ex_ file. I tried moving/copying the .ex_ file onto my desktop so I could change it there and then move it back into the bin, but a message popped up saying I needed to insert a "writable disk" into my drive. This is so frustrating. D:<
Meuuu

OH MY GOSH.

Thank you so so so so much!!!!!
I kept stressing about this until I decided I should probably google it.
Turns out I couldn't change the '.ex_' file type because the name already existed, so I moved the file to my desktop, changed the '.ex_' to '.exe' and moved it back to the game\bin folder, replacing the other file that had that name

HELLZ YESSSS.
Thank you so much!
HRISTINASIM

I renamet the launcher and it worked to me yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii thank you alot simmers
ArtisticSim

OMG someone plz help ...

this has happened to me and i tried to rename it, but it says that after i paste it that i have to write it onto the disk, which i cannot do. HELP!!
caaity

I'm not good with computers, and my Sims has been working fine untill the other day when I opened up the Game Launcher from the desktop (as usual), pressed the 'Play The Sims 3' button, I thought it was loading then, it came up with a box saying "C:Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/TSW3.exe is not a valid Win32 Application"

I've tried relaunching, and restarting the computer, but it's not working. I've looked through the comments, but I can't really find anything I understand, please help!
MullyTully

Chase_Paynce POST ABOUT COPY PASTING Sims3Launcher.ex_ TO ANOTHER FOLDER THEN RENAME IT THEN COPY PAST IT OVER THE CORRUPTED LAUNCHER DOES WORK!!!!!!!! IT WORKED FOR ME.

i running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit works fine, THANK YOU POSTERS AND CHASE PAYNCE THANKS A HEAP

fyi i had brought the game and my launcher was corrupted e.g. not a valid win 32 application but the ts3.exe worked fine just not the laucher so tried the above and presto it worked fine without any admin permissions, just straight windows 7 64 ultimate.

Regards
bohemianalyse

Haiden wrote:I dont know why some peeps get this error with Windows 7...Im not trying to be funny or any thing but....

I formated my hardrive and installed windows 7 64bit
Installed the base game and it worked.....
2 weakes later installed WA and it worked

no laucher issues or crashes freezes or anything.....could it be that its that peeps are just upgrading from a prevoius OS to windows 7 and the files from the prevoius OS got corrupted? and I did not have these problems because I did a fresh install?

It puzzles me how so many peeps have issues with the game.....*sratches head

if you say peeps one more time, i swear
garethchadwick

Cheers for that all ive had to do is rename the launcher replacing the _ with the e! now it works! i reinstalled the game after the pets launcher update thing damaged custom content from working properly. Hope the new custom content works now!
britishangel1985

Ok, I hope I can explain this well enough.

I've had this problem for some time and after following the whole "rename the file" suggestion, it didn't work. Until I realised that if I rename it it should come up with a (2) at the end. So... what I did before I renamed it was move it to my desktop then renamed it, then I right clicked it and removed the (2) and replaced it with .exe, moved it back to the bin folder and it worked. woohoo. At last.
CheyanneCamburn

Hello everyone. This is really frustrating me so any help will be much appriciated. I am running on Windows 7 home edition (64bit). I was playing The sims 3 one day and the next it popped up with "Sims3Launcher.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

I have tried renaming all the files which everyone has suggested but it keeps saying there is not enough room on the disc. I don't understand how one minute it will work and the next minute it wont. So please some one help me!

Cheyanne xx

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: