Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How to modify penthouses/high-rises  XML
Forum Index » Late Night
linarwing

I have just posted this tutorial at Neighborly Sims 3:

http://www.flyingacres.com/NeighborlySims3/showthread.php?tid=1
896&pid=34494#pid34494

It has a lot of the same basic information that SimGuruSemedi has posted in his tutorial, and his answers a couple of the questions I still had in mine. I'd recommend printing them both out to look at when you're building. We approached things a bit differently, as to style, and I think we have some slightly different info about at least one item. At this time, I'm not going to change mine...not enough experience yet. I'll be building a lot to go with my tutorial, tomorrow.

OH...THERE IS A STRIPPED-DOWN base lot for you to begin with, posted with my tutorial. You do NOT have to be a member of the forum in order to either read the tutorial or download the lot. There's also a labeled picture to go with the text of the tutorial.

I was hoping to find out that there was, indeed, some way to get the mailbox, trash chute, and regular trash bin, other than stripping that ONE lot down that I could find in Bridgeport. It's a 40x50 lot, so you need that size or bigger, when I prefer to build smaller.

At any rate, I hope my tutorial will sit alongside SimGuruSemedi's to help people get at least a start on building apartment complexes.
garbuckle3000

There is more than one lot with the mailbox and chute. I'm pretty sure I found a 30x40 lot in there (in my lot bin).

Damienf519

linarwing,

I think that you said on your tutorial that you don't know how to set a door to apartment status. I don't have Late Night Yet, but I should be getting the strategy guide soon, maybe it will tell us how to do that. There should be a section in it on how to make our own apartments. But than again, I don't know.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/29/10 05:01 PM

Check out Spring Valley. Don't forget the saved game file. Let me know what you think
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/688035.
page#10975233
geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Question: Since i will be getting LN on Monday i need someone who can try, to clarify this for me.
According to SimGuruSemedi's tutorial, placing the public markers in any lot automatically makes it an appartment lot. If you start in a completely empty res lot and place that marker, exit, save and reneder the lot, does the mailbox change to the appartment one or you are stuck with the original one?
If not, our only choise is to start with a lot with the mailbox on, and delete everything but the mailbox, before starting to create a unique build.

NyGirl

I finally made my own apartment just a floor above the premade one , I had all my cheats enabled as mentioned previously, all i did was ctrl+shift click the garbage chute to clone it and placed it on the floor above, made a lobby placed my elevator and then built an apartment on the floor including balcony. placed down the public room marker in the lobby including hiding the premade apartment a floor below with the hidden room marker. as well as placing the hidden room markers anywhere on my floor where the apartment wasn't.

Going to try my hand at a different idea later on but if you want to check it out you can view what i did here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/285624.page

brendhan21

ok so here is my question can u make a penthouse with 2 floors but like the 2nd floor only covers half the second floor like u have the 2nd floor thats basicly just a ledge i know its hard to explain and idk if u understand what i am saying but like i want 2 floors and they dont have an elevator to get there but they have well steps to get to each floor.
Cyron43

@laurenke01: Excellent guide. I'm going to save this for later use.

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
Juniormints74

laurenke01 Thank you so very much for sharing this information with us! This is extremely helpful!

DeadFishy

where do you find new globes? i need a new public space globe and cant seem to find one.
NyGirl

DeadFishy wrote:where do you find new globes? i need a new public space globe and cant seem to find one.

You need to enter the cheat in your cheat console testingcheatsenabled true then hit enter, bring up your console again, and type in buydebug on and then enter it. Then go to your buy mode not the room but the categories and look for the question mark click on that and it will bring up all kinds of additional items to add, you will want to click on the misc tab all the globes are in there, they are silver balls.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/30/10 12:20 AM

NyGirl

Double post, sorry forums being finicky yet again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/30/10 12:20 AM

Damienf519

I just got the Late Night strategy guide. I'm disappointed by the fact that it doesn't have a detailed section on how to make your own apartment buildings. I would think it would at least give the basics since the World Adventures strategy guide had a whole section on how to make your own tombs. But it doesn't. Now I'm really glad that this thread exists.

Check out Spring Valley. Don't forget the saved game file. Let me know what you think
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/688035.
page#10975233
The_Purple_Plumbob

How to make a door an NPC only door to their apartment:

Use the cheats, testingcheatsenabled true, buydebug and restrictbuildbuyforbuilding off for this.
To make a door an NPC apartment door buy any door and place it on the wall to the room where you want the NPC to live. Then if you haven't already, put a Hidden Room marker in the room and the public marker outside of the room, because if you don't this will not work. Now it's as easy as holding ctrl, shift then click the door, then choose the option "Make NPC door", then that's it.

Now you don't have to worry if you delete those doors.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 10/30/10 09:33 AM

mona1996

laurenke01, if i have an apartment, and in thet apartment i have one floor, can i make second floor?

sorry for my enligsh, if you don't understand, tell me.

sam_jaderia

Where do I find the Call Box to place on my custom apartment lot? I've looked all through the Buydebug miscellaneous menu and I can't see it anywhere in there.

Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: