Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Will vampires and celebrities show up in Sunset Valley?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Erpe

chococat9 wrote:Anyway, I've started a new file of Riverview, placed all of the new Late Night buildings
I considered to do the same. But it didn't seem possible to place all the new buildings in neither Sunset Valley, Riverview nor Twinbrook. So I gave up upon the idea. The existing empty lots are just too small for the new buildings and there are too many new buildings - unless you bulldoze half of the neighborhood to get enough free space to place the required lots. Did you do something like that?

KHS12

how do you transport families from Bridgeport to Sunset valley or riverview or twinbrook? And I dont mean moving the family from the CAS bin, I want to transfer my family that has developed and had babies to a diff town, rather than just move the original couple. Is there a way to do that?

bklienhart

KHS12 wrote:how do you transport families from Bridgeport to Sunset valley or riverview or twinbrook? And I dont mean moving the family from the CAS bin, I want to transfer my family that has developed and had babies to a diff town, rather than just move the original couple. Is there a way to do that?

Go to Edit Town. Select the lot, and choose "Save a copy to Sim Bin", then save it with the house. It will put a complete copy of the family into the bin, including their house. Or you can save it w/o the house.

F - is the Fire that rains from the skies
U - for Uranium bomb
N - is for No Survivors!
chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

Erpe wrote:
chococat9 wrote:Anyway, I've started a new file of Riverview, placed all of the new Late Night buildings
I considered to do the same. But it didn't seem possible to place all the new buildings in neither Sunset Valley, Riverview nor Twinbrook. So I gave up upon the idea. The existing empty lots are just too small for the new buildings and there are too many new buildings - unless you bulldoze half of the neighborhood to get enough free space to place the required lots. Did you do something like that?

In Riverview, I bulldozed all of the small empty lots and placed bigger empty lots to put the buildings on. I was able to pretty much keep them in two groups of buildings. I'll post screens of it later. It was just a lot easier for me in Riverview with the land being more flat. I was able to place all of the Late Buildings this way.

chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

Here is where I placed the buildings in Riverview.

Shot at 2010-10-31

Shot at 2010-10-31

I only bulldozed empty lots and there was still the extra large "legacy" lot left to put my sims' house. I'm still playing to see if the vampires and celebrities show up. In the meantime, I've made my sim an actress and her husband a musician to see how much fame they can gain that way.
Erpe

chococat9 wrote:Here is where I placed the buildings in Riverview.
Thank you very much!

Maybe I will try to copy that
clubers

I would just wait awhile, so that people can become celebrities first, it takes time you know.

Mastered the ZOMBIE. Mod/CC-free game. I'm a starkid.
Deekadoo

I'm pretty sure that our existing 'in play already' neighborhoods are going to have issues with the celebs and vamps showing up. When a new Sunset Valley is loaded it will probably be fully loaded with celebs and vamps. I'll let you know as soon as my download finishes
chococat9

I've been playing in a new Riverview for a sim week now and haven't seen a single vampire or celebrity higher than one star. Though, I do have more visitors at the clubs than I did in my old Sunset Valley.

Back to playing.

Edit: On week 2, day 4 now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/31/10 10:58 PM

TEK427

chococat9 wrote:Here is where I placed the buildings in Riverview.

Shot at 2010-10-31

Shot at 2010-10-31

I only bulldozed empty lots and there was still the extra large "legacy" lot left to put my sims' house. I'm still playing to see if the vampires and celebrities show up. In the meantime, I've made my sim an actress and her husband a musician to see how much fame they can gain that way.

I like your arrangement of the buildings. I only put in a few buildings since Riverview is a suburban farming town and the skyscrapers wouldn't really fit. But then again, my sims won't care.

I have noticed that paparazzi have shown up in my Riverview save. I'm gonna try playing some more to see if any celeberties/vampires show up. I'll turn on story progression, since I have it off all the time.
Writin_Reg

You have to have both the lounge clubs and the studio lot to get Vamps and Celebrities as well as plenty of suitable housing availiable for them to move into established towns. Also if your population is already too big in the other towns this may not happen until the population gets down some. I either read in an interview or saw it on a video that when the population in a town is above 100 sims and ghosts, less Vamps and Celebrities will move in. I cannot say whether this is true or not, as I have not yet checked out the other towns, becaues I know my other towns have well over a hundred sims - Sunset Vally had about 145 or so last time I checked, so I have not bothered to play them yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/31/10 11:17 PM

GhostMatter

I had a friend turn into a vampire in Sunset Valley.

The best way to get celebrities is to import them. Maybe into existing households so it spreads to the roommates faster.

I think apartments also factor in because they have more than one household inside.

chococat9

Writin_Reg wrote:You have to have both the lounge clubs and the studio lot to get Vamps and Celebrities as well as plenty of suitable housing availiable for them to move into established towns. Also if your population is already too big in the other towns this may not happen until the population gets down some. I either read in an interview or saw it on a video that when the population in a town is above 100 sims and ghosts, less Vamps and Celebrities will move in. I cannot say whether this is true or not, as I have not yet checked out the other towns, becaues I know my other towns have well over a hundred sims - Sunset Vally had about 145 or so last time I checked, so I have not bothered to play them yet.

I just started a fresh game of Riverview. How do I check how many sims are in the town (without actually going to every house and counting)?

debbi2qlts

I too found that Sunset Valley does not have enough larger lots for the Bridgeport High Rises. I have Rflong7's gorgeous Longview which has many larger lots and have placed all of the major clubs and builds there. I also copied a few of the Vamps and their homes. I've only had time to play for a short amount of time but it seems to be working and I also have all of the regular Community lots that Rflong has in Longview. It's a shame that Bridgeport is not larger with a town area.

Thank You Rflong for Longview.

chococat9

Okay, week 2, day 5 I noticed one of my friends had turned into a vampire. So happened a lot quicker in a new town than the old Sunset Valley I'd played in since the game came out. Guess I needed to do some population control i.e. pool party.

Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: