Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Want an IF? Get help here!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
JustKeepSimming

I feel bad...all the children I've played so far have got the dolls :/

To use the logic potion, your sim and their imaginary friend must be superly close. The option to "offer to make real" will be greyed out until they are close enough.

FayeShinomori

JCsS1MS wrote:The IFs i've had when transformed have turned out to be cute sims and perfect mates for my sims.

Same here! My 71rst heir Cian married his imaginary friend Susan and they had beautiful children together! And here's Cian and Susan's granddaughter Niviene:

http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000
//shard000/129/820/008/00/screenshot_original.jpg

She's with her father Damian. This was when she was a Toddler. She's quite pretty as a Child. My friend had me send her off to Smugglesworth Prep School and I brought her back so that she can age up and go to the school of Peace and Love as a Teen.

I'd rather die staring Death in the face than die blindly.
wh0car3s

soocoolsim wrote:
wh0car3s wrote:
And just in case people were wondering:

Turn your IF real two ways:
Creating the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion using the chemistry station (logic level 8 )

or wait for the opportunity to take a rainbow gem (and some simoleons) to the science facility.

Anyone knows where to find a rainbow gem. I've been looking around town but no luck so far

This is how I finally got the rainbow gem. I honestly couldn’t find it anywhere in the town. I tried using collection helper, online guides nothing seemed to work.

Finally I just got the inventors table, made the big invention: the miner (I think it was at level 8 you can make it). I had her read the inventing books, then at level 7 I had her inventing at the table. (my sim had the book worm trait so it was semi-quick reading).

I placed it on my lot and drilled and I found it immediately. I tried it on three other lots and found the rainbow gem each time. The number of times you have to drill changes from each lot tho.

Hope this helps, because I know I was getting really frustrated.

Edit: You can drill in Central Park! Did not know that! Lol found a bunch of gems (including the rainbow gem) drilling there.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/10/11 03:12 AM

goofball68

This is stupid.
My baby sim got an IF as an infant, as a toddler I had him constantly play with the thing any chance he got. Then, when he aged up to child, the doll remained a doll.
I had my sim stand at the chem station for like 3 days, to get his logic up to lvl 8. He made the potion, and cant feed it to the doll. So now I have this stupid doll that I can't sell or get rid of.
FayeShinomori

goofball68 wrote:This is stupid.
My baby sim got an IF as an infant, as a toddler I had him constantly play with the thing any chance he got. Then, when he aged up to child, the doll remained a doll.
I had my sim stand at the chem station for like 3 days, to get his logic up to lvl 8. He made the potion, and cant feed it to the doll. So now I have this stupid doll that I can't sell or get rid of.

It will go away when your Sim ages into a YA. I looked for it in my Sim's inventory wondering if I could give it to her child when she had one and maybe her child would form a bond with it since she never did but the doll had vanished from her inventory. I've also had a problem with girls not receiving imaginary friends or if they do get one, it will either disappear forever or they won't be able to form a bond with it. Only the males are successful in getting their imaginary friends to age up with them and become real Sims.

goofball68

How much do you have to play with it in order to form a bond? My toddler played with the thing non stop. Ugh.
So dissappointing.
FayeShinomori

goofball68 wrote:How much do you have to play with it in order to form a bond? My toddler played with the thing non stop. Ugh.
So dissappointing.

Mine had to play with it nonstop too, but it seemed to form a bond with it rather quickly. Some people say it takes them forever for their Sim to form a bond with the IF, and for some people like me, it takes less work. I just had my Sim play with it nonstop just to make sure it would have a good relationship with the IF once it became an actual Imaginary Friend and not just a doll. I don't know if what you're experiencing is a glitch or what, but I hope it gets resolved for you. If in doubt, play with it constantly. And Sing to it too.

XxNiqhtAc3xX

goofball68 wrote:How much do you have to play with it in order to form a bond? My toddler played with the thing non stop. Ugh.
So dissappointing.

This Also Happened tO mE

mY Sim Had Twin Girls(Emma and Jade). When Jade Was A Toddler She Always Took Out Puzzle (IF) And Played With iT. Meanwhile iHad tO Force Emma tO Play With Bubble (Their IF Names Are Very Similar). Anyway iWas Worried That Emma's IF Wouldn't Change But When They Aged uP iT Was The Opposite-Emma's Changed But Jade's Didn't-

iS There A Way tO Make Puzzle Change- Extra Gameplay, Cheat, Mod Etc.- Help Apprieciated.

-M-

Michellec1980

I got an if by downloading my house that has a family in it. The toddler had the doll.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/10/11 03:27 AM

caspywaspy

I dragged the doll out of my sim's inventory. Now there's no doll in the inventory and I also don't see a doll within the game. Seems like it just disappeared. Fail.
soocoolsim

wh0car3s wrote:
soocoolsim wrote:
wh0car3s wrote:
And just in case people were wondering:

Turn your IF real two ways:
Creating the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion using the chemistry station (logic level 8 )

or wait for the opportunity to take a rainbow gem (and some simoleons) to the science facility.

Anyone knows where to find a rainbow gem. I've been looking around town but no luck so far

This is how I finally got the rainbow gem. I honestly couldn’t find it anywhere in the town. I tried using collection helper, online guides nothing seemed to work.

Finally I just got the inventors table, made the big invention: the miner (I think it was at level 8 you can make it). I had her read the inventing books, then at level 7 I had her inventing at the table. (my sim had the book worm trait so it was semi-quick reading).

I placed it on my lot and drilled and I found it immediately. I tried it on three other lots and found the rainbow gem each time. The number of times you have to drill changes from each lot tho.

Hope this helps, because I know I was getting really frustrated.

Edit: You can drill in Central Park! Did not know that! Lol found a bunch of gems (including the rainbow gem) drilling there.

Thanks wh0car3s. I'll see if I can find the miner in the debug mode and try drilling since my sim doesn't have the inventing skill. Keeping my fingers crossed

PASS A SMILE ON TODAY
Cyron43

So dissappointing.

Usually you get two messages during the progression. The first one showed up after 30-60 Sim minutes when my toddler was singing to the doll. The second message took 11 Sim hours (played constantly). After this second message the doll should become alive about 30 minutes after your toddler has become a child and the birthday action is completed.
IMPORTANT: The doll must not be in the inventory of the child but placed on the ground!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/10/11 03:42 PM

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
CrazyPlumbob915

Okay, so my toddler aged into a child, but the IF is still in doll-form?

Maybe that's normal, but I thought they aged as the child aged.

goofball68

Cyron43 wrote:
So dissappointing.

Usually you get two messages during the progression. The first one showed up after 30-60 Sim minutes when my toddler was singing to the doll. The second message took 11 Sim hours (played constantly). After this second message the doll should become alive about 30 minutes after your toddler has become a child and the birthday action is completed.
IMPORTANT: The doll must not be in the inventory of the child but placed on the ground!

Okay so I'm pretty sure I got both messages but the doll was in my sim's inventory when he aged up. So I guess that's it then. Let's just hope they fix that with the next patch!
chuamishael

I don't know why, but I always get an IF when my sims is still a baby. and my baby time is only 1 day. so the next he was born it was his birthday. and IF appears on mailbox

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: