Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Petition For A Pastry/Baking Skill 171 Signatures So Far  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Kail16

fluttereyes wrote:Don't they already get that as part of the cooking skill? You just have to buy the recipe books.

No it is not the same as the cooking skill and cooking and making pastries is NOT the same, they are two different skills and plenty of great chefs around the world are not pastry chefs and struggle with more complicated deserts.

AnonymousMiss

I completely agree. Baking and cooking, while they intertwine at times, are for the most part very different things. I'd love for my Sims to be able to make bread and croissants. Consider me signed.

BlueMurder

signed.

in the sims 2 we had the open for bussiness expansion pack that included running a florist etc. running a bakery would fit right in with kind of home run business theme. i for one would absolutaly love to run a bakery or even a cafe in that kind of expansion pack addition and would fit perfectly with Kail16's idea of a bakery skill system.
Coffefreak4Life

fluttereyes wrote:Don't they already get that as part of the cooking skill? You just have to buy the recipe books.

Cooking is by volume and and relatively forgiving with mistakes . Baking is by weight and theres no room for error . 8 .oz of flour does not equal a cup when it comes to baking . Try making focaccia bread some time and see how you do . I'll even give you my recipe

Water 1lb 8 oz
Cake Yeast 1 oz
Bread Flour 2 lb 8 oz
Salt 0.7 oz
Olive Oil 2 oz

. im sure you know focaccia uses the straight dough method and you need to proof punch ferment and all of that fun stuff in proper conditions so the yeast activates but doesent die .

betty_me13

Put my name on the list! Thanks for adding me as a friend, Kail16!! I love baking and my sims should too! I literally just put some cupcakes in the oven! I colored the batter in pastel colors and I'm going to do these-

Coffefreak4Life

omg TRIBBLES!!!! RUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

betty_me13

lol /\ I think they are cute

Coffefreak4Life

cute mayhaps but their self replication will be the end of us all

Westess13

I love this idea! And some people could be allergic to nuts > but count me signed!
Kail16

betty_me13 wrote:Put my name on the list! Thanks for adding me as a friend, Kail16!! I love baking and my sims should too! I literally just put some cupcakes in the oven! I colored the batter in pastel colors and I'm going to do these-

OH HOW cute I love it, I want my Sims to do that oh that's another thing batches of cupcakes lovely

Rubysim

Signed

SydInTheAsylum

Sign me up! I LOVE this idea. I love the cooking skill, but always wished there was more to bake then just cookies for baked goods. Also, YUMMY! Bread! Haha.

Itchan

Sign me up!! Pastry/Baking Skill sounds awesome!

By the way, betty_me13, those cupcakes are soooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!
BluTaiger

El Signature.
OnAvie

Sign

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: