Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Pets Bug Thread  XML
Forum Index » Pets
Mishikins

Somebody may be having a bug with the collections tab where they only have 1 collections folder, despite having most of the EPs and SPs. I haven't seen any sign of anyone else having this problem.

I am also guiding an individual through fixing a possible issue they are having with the generations sliders disappearing. I suspect this issue was caused by their mods and will require a clean install, but I want to guide them through getting rid of their CC safely first to make sure they know in the future how to do it.

So far, I haven't seen many other bugs. One person was complaining that their game has been crashing whenever they attempt to load but they too had mods and CC in their game, and that's likely what's causing it.

~Mishi
smjjames

Mishikins wrote:Somebody may be having a bug with the collections tab where they only have 1 collections folder, despite having most of the EPs and SPs. I haven't seen any sign of anyone else having this problem.

Would that be me? I'm also seeing one empty collections folder, however I think it may just be because I haven't actually launched the game. Also, I have all the EPs and SPs, other than Pets that is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/17/11 04:57 PM

Pepperbutt

Stupid question, but do scripted objects need to be removed, too? Like, for example, I think it's either Buzzler's or Treeag's 'Storage' box, and the Box of Seeds? And I believe Treeag's Gem Cutter?

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
gr1zzly

I have tried excavating at 3 different sites.

My sim excavated at all 3.

They were not on lots.

The mine, the island by the cliff, the little mine by the Queens tomb not on her lot.
As you are facing the Queens tomb, look to the left, there is a small mine.
There are excavation sites there.

smjjames

Pepperbutt wrote:Stupid question, but do scripted objects need to be removed, too? Like, for example, I think it's either Buzzler's or Treeag's 'Storage' box, and the Box of Seeds? And I believe Treeag's Gem Cutter?

If it goes in your mods folder, it's a mod, so move it out with the mods folder.
SimsVIP_Admin

Opportunity is present and I was able to snap a photo and no freezing occured. This makes the bug a fixed bug correct?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/17/11 05:00 PM

Mishikins

SMJ, it isn't just you then, there's one other player having the same issue. So I guess that makes 2 people with it now, not looking too good for a simple glitch.

~Mishi
LadyArora

So far, no issues for me, thank goodness.

Just to clear up a few things about Collections, you're looking at the right area in game right? You should find the new tabs under Buy and Build.

Took me a few minutes to find it myself. *laugh* I felt like such a dork!
Mishikins

Pepper, it's like SMJ says, if it goes in your downloads/packages/mods (whatever you named it, basically) folder, then you should uninstall and remove it. If it's a scripted object, that is represented as a physical object in game, remember to use your Sims 3 Manager tool to uninstall it first so that it is definitely not in your game.

~Mishi
smjjames

Mishikins wrote:SMJ, it isn't just you then, there's one other player having the same issue. So I guess that makes 2 people with it now, not looking too good for a simple glitch.

Is the other person talking about within the actual file directory or in the game? Because I haven't launched the game. If they are talking about ingame, thats different.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/17/11 05:05 PM

ZeekSlider

SimsVIP_Admin wrote:Opportunity is present and I was able to snap a photo and no freezing occured. This makes the bug a fixed bug correct?
Can you save, reload the save game, and see if Photogrpahy works after a reload?

My issue was if it worked, after I reloaded a saved game, it didn't. I'm in no position to test this patch right now, but I will tonight.

Still, the news that Photography may be fixed excites me....

ALSO: If you get a photo opprotunity to take WA photos for the bistro, can you tell me if those work? Those didn't work after Generations was installed.

Like my post? Buy something off my wishlist as a thank you!
http://tinyurl.com/TS3Store-ZeekWishlist
Mishikins

The collections tab problem is an in game issue. I don't know that it has anything to do with the actual Sims 3 folders. so it's back down to just 1 person.

~Mishi
smjjames

Mishikins wrote:The collections tab problem is an in game issue. I don't know that it has anything to do with the actual Sims 3 folders. so it's back down to just 1 person.

Okay yea, then put down what I'm seeing as simply not having launched the game and tell that person to check their file directory.
heaven_sent_8_18

Apparently the patch has broken any CC that uses slots. Testing is still being performed to see the extent of this but it looks like any custom content prior to this patch no longer has working slots of any kind. Sims are getting stuck in beds, chairs are no longer snapping to place with tables, etc.

smjjames

heaven_sent_8_18 wrote:Apparently the patch has broken any CC that uses slots. Testing is still being performed to see the extent of this but it looks like any custom content prior to this patch no longer has working slots of any kind. Sims are getting stuck in beds, chairs are no longer snapping to place with tables, etc.

Not really a surprise that the EP breaks CC, considering all the new stuff and the fact that there were reports of CC conflicts with the demo.

Forum Index » Pets
Go to: