Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Flea Bath?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Spacey72659

cocofloss wrote:Yeah but my cat is pregnant, does that effect it, because if it does then she's going to have fleas for a while because she'd only became pregnant like 3 days ago, but one of my sims caught fleas and there gone now becuase she showerd..... and another thing, as a looked on the menu and saw the lessons and scrolled down to the flea section, on the 4/4 page, it shows this picture of a machine with a animal in? so i tried to look on buy mode and couldn't see anthing, so may be it might just be cause she's preggers????? Thnks if you reply

That's the pet hydrinator (or something) -- you can only get it as a happiness reward with pet happiness points. If you go into that menu you'll see it. It's costs quite a lot of points - but you can get one and use it for all your animals since it'll be placed in your family inventory in Buy Mode.

Kay_

I've managed to give my cats and dogs flea baths fine However if you have problems, try getting the 'Pet Hygienator' (from pet happiness rewards, costs 10,000 points) and the pets should be able to clean themselves. I got sick of giving my pets a bath every other day so it does save time when you pets can just go off and clean themselves And it does get rid of fleas.
AldermanTom

I have been able to give my Pets a flea bath, but I do sometimes see the action fall off the Pet's que. But that seems to happen for actions other than just the Flea bath. Sometimes, items just fall off the que.

I have noticed that sometimes, it seems like an autonomus action on the Pets part (Like the Cat grooming itself) will cause the items to drop.

I also noticed that if I regularly brush the Cat, it is less likely to scratch me when I try to bathe it.
KoumoriDiru

I can't give them flea baths in the bathrooms. The sim will walk to the dog, dog follows but stands outside the door. Then when sim comes back, dog walks into bathroom and sim stands outside. The bathrooms aren't small either, they're clearly just dumb Worked after I bought another bath and placed it in the garden.

love2000012

on sims it keeps on saying you can buy a machine and i realy want to know where you get it from
vampyrelucia

I have found you can only give them a flea bath when it says they need a flea bath and like all other things when my sim is tired I can not get them to give the dog/cat a bath.
LethalAcid25

Hey guys, the same thing happened to me. Not even using my dog's BFF worked. I just had a "lightbulb" moment though when I saw I could pick up my small dog. After picking him up, the sim bathed my dog!
katz442000

cocofloss wrote:Yeah but my cat is pregnant, does that effect it, because if it does then she's going to have fleas for a while because she'd only became pregnant like 3 days ago, but one of my sims caught fleas and there gone now becuase she showerd..... and another thing, as a looked on the menu and saw the lessons and scrolled down to the flea section, on the 4/4 page, it shows this picture of a machine with a animal in? so i tried to look on buy mode and couldn't see anthing, so may be it might just be cause she's preggers????? Thnks if you reply

The machine is a lifetime reward for pets. It works that's what i use on my pets.
MagicButt007

SimsGrl84 wrote:OK I really don't get it, my sim is friends with the cat and dog that has fleas, and I believe even best friends with the dog. I can click the dog and click on "Give XX a flea bath", but then he does NOTHING at all. Whats going on?

I successfully gave a flea bath to my dog by doing this:
1. buy any tub
2. click to - pick up pet
3. click to choose - give pet flea bath

I wasn't able to use the flea bath option until I picked up my dog and then clicked on him to bathe him.
OmNomNomOmBabies

Um...Only once, my cat got fleas. The human sims weren't even friend status with it. The female sim, I believe named Amy, just picked up the cat and gave it a regular bath, and then the fleas were gone....
EternitysShadow

For anyone with trouble, try an outdoor tub or moving it outdoors temporarily. I had problems getting my sim to give my big dog a bath (so she couldn't pick him up obviously). Pets sometimes has horrible routing issues so things that aren't in the way usually are in a really closed up bathroom.

Hope that helps just what I've noticed.

new signature under construction
daisypoo200

ok i'm also having this problem too. here is the situation;

* my sim and dog are 'BFF's'
* there IS a bath on the lot
* there are no blockages at the bath tub
* my sim isn't infected (yet)
* it wasn't letting me 'bathe pet' before it got fleas anyway? the action just sort of disappears?
* i can't 'pick up' my dog because it's too big!

this is obviously a (very annoying) bug, EA please fix it!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/04/12 02:53 AM

huntec2

Hey, I was having the same problem with one of my cats. My sim and the cat are BFFs but still nothing was happening when I clicked both the give bath and give flee bath options. The bathtub was clear and everything but no luck until I had my sim PICK UP the cat. Once the pet was in the sims arms everything worked fine! Hope this helps!
fashiondream16

Pick up the pet then selecte bath
Hadge

I had the same problem. I had a bath tub and I tried to make my sim give my dog a flea bath. But my sim was outside. I made my sim and dog go inside and tried again. It worked!

Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Go to: