Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Mixing Genetics fun: Dogs-Take two-breeding #38 page 56  XML
Forum Index » Pets
piratekitag

esperonza16 wrote:That's an........interesting looking do

I thought it was kind of ugly at first. Then it's looks grew on me. Now it's kind of cute. So what dog should I do next then? Pomeranian? Samoyed? Papillion?

amyc088

love the markings but them ears are weird XD
anettesb

piratekitag wrote:Honestly, it's sad that small dogs do get away with a lot more, but at the same time people need to keep in mind that it's the owners and breeding-not the dogs or breed specifically.

It's really, really important for one to socialize their dog-no matter the size of the dog- as soon as possible. By socialize, it means getting them use to everything and anything. People of all ages, sizes, races and by different clothing types. Different dogs of different breeds/sizes, different areas, different objects/noises. Socialization is very important.

For small dogs-and any dog-it's important that they know they're not the ones in charge, rules need be set and stay set, no matter the dogs size. My dad encourages barking from his small dog, and jumping, and other bad behavior-he finds it cute. But when other, larger, dogs do the same actions-he finds it irritating. It's annoying really.

He always tells me I'm mean to my dog. Because I don't allow her to bark at people(give more than a warning bark), and I don't allow her to jump on people or pull on the leash. She's a medium sized dog, 45lbs-people already back away from her when they see her(she's not huge, or vicious looking)-if she jumped on someone, she could hurt them, and might end up being put to sleep if she does, even if she hurts them accidentally. So I don't understand how he thinks I treat her badly/am mean to her. But it is frustrating.

I treat his small dog the same way-while I don't blame the dog, it is annoying when people fawn over her bad behavior but then act afraid of my dog who is well behaved >.< But yeah, AmberKotori- I hope your husband's mother wakes up soon and starts correcting her dog, or else it may be put to sleep if it snaps at the wrong person who won't brush it's bad behavior off.

agree

And... if i was to encounter a dog that snapped at me, and the owner did nothing, it would be reported ... maybe not the first time (give a chance for the owner and so the dog) but the second time. if the dog got hold of me the first time, then I would not give a chance to the owner.

Big or small dogs... any domestic animal really ... needs to be trained and learn to act in the invorerment we have placed them in with out being at danger to any body (humen or animal)

Back on topic....
Have you decided what dog to bring in to the mix?

click siggy to take part in the contest
piratekitag

amyc088 wrote:love the markings but them ears are weird XD

Yep, he's got his momma's (chihuahua) ears.

piratekitag

anettesb wrote:
piratekitag wrote:Honestly, it's sad that small dogs do get away with a lot more, but at the same time people need to keep in mind that it's the owners and breeding-not the dogs or breed specifically.

It's really, really important for one to socialize their dog-no matter the size of the dog- as soon as possible. By socialize, it means getting them use to everything and anything. People of all ages, sizes, races and by different clothing types. Different dogs of different breeds/sizes, different areas, different objects/noises. Socialization is very important.

For small dogs-and any dog-it's important that they know they're not the ones in charge, rules need be set and stay set, no matter the dogs size. My dad encourages barking from his small dog, and jumping, and other bad behavior-he finds it cute. But when other, larger, dogs do the same actions-he finds it irritating. It's annoying really.

He always tells me I'm mean to my dog. Because I don't allow her to bark at people(give more than a warning bark), and I don't allow her to jump on people or pull on the leash. She's a medium sized dog, 45lbs-people already back away from her when they see her(she's not huge, or vicious looking)-if she jumped on someone, she could hurt them, and might end up being put to sleep if she does, even if she hurts them accidentally. So I don't understand how he thinks I treat her badly/am mean to her. But it is frustrating.

I treat his small dog the same way-while I don't blame the dog, it is annoying when people fawn over her bad behavior but then act afraid of my dog who is well behaved >.< But yeah, AmberKotori- I hope your husband's mother wakes up soon and starts correcting her dog, or else it may be put to sleep if it snaps at the wrong person who won't brush it's bad behavior off.

agree

And... if i was to encounter a dog that snapped at me, and the owner did nothing, it would be reported ... maybe not the first time (give a chance for the owner and so the dog) but the second time. if the dog got hold of me the first time, then I would not give a chance to the owner.

Big or small dogs... any domestic animal really ... needs to be trained and learn to act in the invorerment we have placed them in with out being at danger to any body (humen or animal)

Back on topic....
Have you decided what dog to bring in to the mix?

Very true.

I haven't yet T.T It's hard to choose. I think it's down to a Pomeranian or Samoyed. I don't think they have a Papillon in the game-if they do I might do that one too, hm..

amyc088

i think samoyed would be interesting
esperonza16

I think a pom or the sam would be cool.

KenMo

You should do Pomeranian next <3
The dog came out so cute, I love how it got dad's face

esperonza16

Kenmo did you see the resulting foals from the stallion LittleV made you?

amyc088

http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4853442# or this one in awhile, its my puppy
KenMo

esperonza16 wrote:Kenmo did you see the resulting foals from the stallion LittleV made you?

Yes I did they all turned out so cute! number 2 and 3 are my favorites <3

kuroi_nekomata

I liked you first experience and I am glad you try a second one. One thing that came to my mind when reading the last pages of your last thread: when I had my second litter, they looked almost all like the puppy from the 1st litter. I went out of the game without saving and tried again. They all looked the same again. I left the game without saving, then went into CAS. In CAS you can make this genetic experiment, taking to dogs and look what comes out. I did this 3-4 times. After this the puppies of the litter looked different. Doing genetic experiment in CAS is something I always do, if my Sims children look too much alike. It often helps. It looks like, it helps also with dogs.

Well, I looking forwad seeing your genetic experiment.

piratekitag

So...

I don't know what to do I'm kind of getting frustrated. The dam had the next breeding(s) litter, but the pup looked exactly like the pup from the first litter.

So I didn't save, I'm hoping that eventually the pups will come out looking different-aside from this I noticed my graphics are having issues too. N' I just barely updated my graphics driver to the most recent one! So it is frustrating :/

I think it might be better to just have done the game dog breeds instead of ones from exchange. Until I figure out what's going on and how to fix it-update might not be for awhile. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll see what I can do. But >.< I have a major headache right now, so trying to figure it out seems impossible. I just really hope I can continue this.

Srich83

@kuroi_nekomata I love your signature!
Sakura1291979

piratekitag wrote:
AmberKotori wrote:Papillion? (I hate those dogs >.<

*gasp* you hate papillions(sp)?!?!

They're adorable~~

Hm, maybe a Pomeranian?

I kind of like them to, because our dog
Gizmo is part Papillion and part sheltie.
I have createf him at lest the best as I
could. I tried once (through the demo), to
breed a Papillion and sheltie but they didn't
look like Gizmo. Perhapes I well try again on
my Aunt's computer ( not her laptop that I am
borrowing).

I enjoyed your first thread and I have this
book marked as well

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/24/11 04:54 AM

Forum Index » Pets
Go to: