Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can't install patch - Anyone else getting region error?  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
AliMiiMii

Suis_Belle wrote:Ive spent my day figuring out how to make this work using all the tips and yet, couldnt find that **** sku file!

After spending half of the day, I found that **** sku file!!
1. run regedit
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. SOFTWARE
4. look for folder Wow6432Node
5. look for folder Sims then The Sims3
6. u can see the sku file here. I entered 7.

When I run the adventure game, it asked me to update. Just click update.

Now it's working fine with me!!

What does the update thing do, I have this problem and need to solve it to play the Sims 3 World Adventures

AliMiiMii

Thanks so much, u saved me from buying a new game or giving up completely!

Where would I be without u guys to help!

Thanks so much again!

annisalintang

Hi, I hav the same problem as well, but mine is mac. How to solve this from mac? Thanks a lot
KerrieBerrie

Okay this thread was started in 09.. it's now 2012 and EA has yet to solve this problem? Ridiculous.

Thanks for your help guys, or I would have spent $100 on these games for nothing.
chokolytbabe

Hi everyone

Im getting the regional error message when I tried to install world adventures on my mac laptop, anyone know solution to this for mac users.

Thanks in advance for your help.
charleskaznyk

I just bought the stupid World Adventures game and I am getting the region code message but I have NO IDEA how to even begin any of the steps in this post. Apparantly the first step is clicking the start menu and clicking on "run" or something? But no where does it say "Run" in my start menu.
kesha897

charleskaznyk wrote:I just bought the stupid World Adventures game and I am getting the region code message but I have NO IDEA how to even begin any of the steps in this post. Apparantly the first step is clicking the start menu and clicking on "run" or something? But no where does it say "Run" in my start menu.

its start and r hope this helps
HARDNRG86

If you are running windows 7 type regedit in the search button just above the start button when you press start then follow the solutions.
cmrs345

bunbun wrote:Go to Start> Run > type regedit.
Navigate to HKLM\Software\Sims\The Sims 3
One of them is SKU. Double click on SKU and change Value Data from 7 to 2

i got the same error message but mine was already set at 2 so i changed it to 7 and the installation is now working.

I hope this works and if it doesn't I will be SO MAD!
If it works,
If it doesn't work,

url=http://www.missingstudios.com/?refsig=1][/url]
cmrs345

susiesparkle wrote: I have a uk version of the world adventures, and purchased my sims 3 from a company based in the channel islands and have the same problem. Ea need to resolve this for us as we should have the freedom to purchase our games from different suppliers without worrying about imcompatibility problems. In my 30 years of gaming I have never had a problem like this before! If you look at the back of world adventures it merely states that we need "The Sims 3" and does not mention anything about regions.

Yea, I know right? I was trying to install a crack for WA, but it didn't work because of the region code. But now, Since I have used the helpful internet, I know to try this!!

cmrs345

KerrieBerrie wrote:Okay this thread was started in 09.. it's now 2012 and EA has yet to solve this problem? Ridiculous.

Thanks for your help guys, or I would have spent $100 on these games for nothing.

Aw, WHAT A CUTE PUPPY DOG!

cmrs345

AliMiiMii wrote:
Suis_Belle wrote:Ive spent my day figuring out how to make this work using all the tips and yet, couldnt find that **** sku file!

After spending half of the day, I found that **** sku file!!
1. run regedit
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. SOFTWARE
4. look for folder Wow6432Node
5. look for folder Sims then The Sims3
6. u can see the sku file here. I entered 7.

When I run the adventure game, it asked me to update. Just click update.

Now it's working fine with me!!

What does the update thing do, I have this problem and need to solve it to play the Sims 3 World Adventures

The update game is supposed to get your game up to date with the new stuff added, If I'm correct.

cmrs345

NICULLY wrote:
Hey simmers! I seem to be having the same regional code problem. I was able to find my registry editor, the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE sectoin, and the subfolder SOFTWARE, but I can't seem to find SIMS under the SOFTWARE section. Any suggestions?

PS: I was able to find a subfolder call Sims under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CLASSES but the files that I find under Sims 3 are (Default) and URL Protocol. Could these be it?

Uh, tip. Do you have the sims 3 downloaded?
If you do, check in the S section. It goes in A B C order.

cmrs345

IT WORKS SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

scarlettydreams

pinfet wrote:The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different game region in order to be installed. I downloaded it from Worthplaying.com, US version. Any ideas?
I cant find the Sims file..help?

Grey's Anatomy shows more friggin deaths than horror movies /fact

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: