Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Rivertown can't download! Help!  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Riverdaughter196

The_Sophisticate wrote:I had no problems with the download using Mozilla Firefox, so if you have tried everything else give that a shot. Also, make sure you are logged in to the launcher... it opens a seperate log in window that I didn't notice at first.

I'm using firefox and it won't install. Nothing happens.
Kath235

I think that whatever was the problem has been fixed now. I just tried it again and was successful.

Rik81

I found where Riverview is downloaded onto my computer, but don't know how to "install" it into the game? Any clues?
Riverdaughter196

It hasn't been fixed. I still can't install it.
Why isn't ea giving us any help?

I opened the ESDM and it started downloading sims 2 store edition!!
What is that? I didn't download that game. I have it on disc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/03/09 12:44 AM

Lindseym241

I'm having the same issue but with other sims 3 store downloads as well.
lisax4156

I'm having this issue too with downloading items and also with the free town that we get.

It says its downloading but it doesn't appear in the Game Launcher, where the downloads are at.

I've used both firefox and IE9. Nothing is working..

hmm i need some ideas..
SelahFreeAtLast

Rispon36 wrote:
Torbin wrote:I had the same problem. When I clicked on "Install" or "Install Again", it would Pop up Microsofts security confirmation, and after I clicked "Allow" it would bring my Sims 3 Launcher into the foreground but nothing would happen.

I got fed up and decided to try using Google Chrome for the Sims 3 Store, and sure enough, when I clicked "Install Again" for Riverview, the Sims 3 Launcher popped back up into foreground, but this time it went to my downloads tab and gave me a download status.

So the issue is definately Internet Explorer 8, possibly 7 as well. If you have another internet browser installed, I would suggest giving that a try.

I, too was having the problem of downloading and installing Riverview and some of the additional content from the website. I also was getting script errors from time to time while using "The Sims 3 Game Launcher" while trying to download from the Welcome Section. Sometimes an object would dl, sometimes not. So, I installed Google Chrome as mentioned in the above quote and guess what? Everything works now. I'm able to download to my heart's content. I was using IE8 as well so there must be some issue with it.

I am using IE8 and couldn't download at first but then I quit the game, clicked on the EADM that is on my desktop and followed the instructions there and managed to download it. I don't remember exactly what steps I took but after I used that I went back to "My Page" and clicked to re-download and it went through.

AKA Dee
lipgloss

I'm having no problems downloading Riverview other than the fact that it's going like 1/kb sec.. The site is sooo boggled down.

Papi

Get Google Chrome. First try meant success. I've been trying since 15h00 EST yesterday with IE8 to no avail. This morning I install Googlle Chrome and what do you know instant download and installation. Took 3 minutes in all.

I'm still wondering why I ever trusted EA to come through clean.
Papi

Means the programmers were'nt smart enough at EA to double check with IE8 to proof it, so the hell with the customers, let them struggle through it. What do we care? We got their money, did'nt we? Nice attitude EA. Now tell me I've got an attitude.

I'm still wondering why I ever trusted EA to come through clean.
intet24

ok guys got it to finally work.. used google chrome just like the rest! now it's downloading.. my hope now is for a successful download!
luluharrell

I guess fortunatley for me I have not updated to IE8 just yet. But I can't see my new hood in the game yet it says it's been installed. Who knows

Help save my planet, or get off of it
heyleebaby

I am still trying to download Riverview as well and it is a bit slow. I have tried multiple browsers. I will just get it when I get it. Make sure you have popups enabled for all of the other things.

However, I don't think attacking the game creators is going to solve anything. I am sure a lot of the issues is due to how many people are trying to download off of the server at once. As with any new game there is going to be bugs that need fixing. It has nothing to do with them having our money and not caring. That's why there is a forum, so we can tell them what is wrong!
RtFusion

I had the launcher working fine for me. That way I got riverview was this:

Pop in the disk first. Went to the Store link and hit the banner thingy for the new town. Downloaded it. Then after that, hit install. It should install the game and you should here your disk spinning up. And make sure you are in administration mode for windows.

Visit my youtube page @

www.youtube.com/user/RtFusion for tutorials on The Sims 3.
strawberrymagic

i downloaded it in google, and the game launcher popped up. It showed it downloading and only took about 30 seconds! Then it came up with a red stop sign and when i hovvered over it it said "There was an error Downloading Content Riverview"
So i deleted it and downloaded firefox.I tried downloading it again but the same thing happens. I dont know how to update the EA download manager because the message to download it doesnt come up anymore. Help??!!

Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: