Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Freezing every few seconds  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Dubsonic

I also had this problem. I went to a previous save, before it started freezing up, and it worked fine. I noticed that after I played guitar at the park and acquired a slew of new acquantainces, it began freezing frequently again. Maybe the problem?
I just started playing a week ago, never had issues before now. I have Sims 3 and High End Loft pack. 2.4 Quad 4G Ram 1GB NVidia graphics card and have tried to change every video setting including the resolution. I hope we/EA can resolve this!!
Dubsonic

I also had this problem. I went to a previous save, before it started freezing up, and it worked fine. I noticed that after I played guitar at the park and acquired a slew of new acquantainces, it began freezing frequently again. Maybe the problem?
I just started playing a week ago, never had issues before now. I have Sims 3 and High End Loft pack. 2.4 Quad 4G Ram 1GB NVidia graphics card and have tried to change every video setting including the resolution. I hope we/EA can resolve this!!
Aurora1004

I too have a non playable game. I deleted EVERYTHING and am reinstalling minus pets. The only CC I use is the store items. So I know it wasnt that.

FRUSTRATING does not even begin to explain how I feel
waynefox3

MiyuEmi wrote:Someone is stuck. That's basically it. With Generations and the corresponding patch, they messed up the pathing in the game and as said above, this is most pronounced in China. You can't even walk through some of the tombs without getting your sim giving you a routing error and tantrum when there's obviously nothing in there way.

The only way to fix it is to pause the game and find someone stuck somewhere they shouldn't be. If you have the Master Controller, you can reset everyone in your town. Generally look out for Generations built houses or other houses made by EA with fencing around and near the front door (the Doll House is a disaster). Just look for sims that are just standing around doing nothing, make note of where they are and check back there. In China the Hot Springs and other areas like this are prime suspects as well as, strangely in my game at least, the Pei family. Once I reset the entirety of them, I would get a move with my game for a while.

It's basically pathing and routing errors that haven't been fixed in any patch since Generations.

I dont like to run mods in my game and I should not have to use a mod to fix a problem that EA put out.

Yes 90% of the time it is a stuck sim and if you can find the one then yes you can delet it.

There are more problems that EA needs to fix in this game: IE:
1. Stuck sims.
2. Sims needs for NPC and none playing PC going down where they die from lack of food.
3. Sims need for sleep as soon as you invite them over at any time during the day, IE: 10 AM, 2PM after you invite a sim over for the 2nd time there needs are so low that they throw a hissy about no sleep or to hungry and just leave then 2 days later that sim dies for lack of food.

I will repeat I have no CC or Mods in my game

Specs, 3Ghz dual core, 4GB Ram, Nvidia GTX460 1GB video card and over 700GB free space on my HD.

EA needs to start fixing these or people will stop playing
And there are many many more problems that need to be fixed.
btongx

I have the same problem too. It was running smoothly when I was playing solo. But ever since then I added another sim to my household, it started to freeze every few seconds. Really annoying. EA please fix it.
ShiningForce40

A simple generic answer, like, "we're working on the situation," would be nice. I'm wondering if they're aware of this?
Darkblond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eprX-wPe9eA <---- this is why i have not played for a while.
Taffster74

If EA is aware of this, they clearly have not done a sweet thing. the latest patch does nothing to address this issue.
Darkhallow96

Just got a update today through steam and my game is still unplayable.
It still freezes every min or so, come on fix the problem already.
HatakeSage

Location:Sometimes I like to fill my bathtubs up with skittles and pretend I'm Godzilla in a ballpit.

Happening to me as well.
Deleting all my cache backups.

shutupcassie

This started happening to me after the latest update, and I found that if you use the cheat resetsim * it will help. Granted it makes every sim in the game stop what they're doing and go home, but it'll keep sims from freezing for about 12 sim hours and sometimes they just stop freezing altogether. I know it's not nearly as good as a real solution from EA, but at least it keeps the game playable.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/12 03:30 PM

EyesLikeBroccoli

shutupcassie wrote:This started happening to me after the latest update, and I found that if you use the cheat resetsim * it will help. Granted it makes every sim in the game stop what they're doing and go home, but it'll keep sims from freezing for about 12 sim hours and sometimes they just stop freezing altogether. I know it's not nearly as good as a real solution from EA, but at least it keeps the game playable.

This is probably the best suggestion I've seen so far I've been having this very issue, and after doing some searches discovered that a) I'm not the only one and b) it's been a long-standing issue going back to when the game was first released. Rather disappointing that I can't find anything to indicate the issue is being looked at. It is very frustrating. However, yes, resetsim * seems to be a workaround at present, so thanks for that
Mafheid

I had the exact same problem and it even made me stop playing for a while. It started to happen to me when I bought world adventures. But I found the perfect fix wich I recommend to everybody to try.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Dele
te_Cache_Files

Just remove your cache files, the game will make new ones once you played the game again.
If you can't see the topic on MTS, these are the caches that should be deleted:

If you have installed remove:

- CAS parts that appear in Create-A-Sim: CasPartCache.package

- New objects that would appear in Buy/Build mode: compositorCache.package

- Mods or Hacks: scriptCache.package

- New Sims, default skins: simCompositorCache.package

To delete Thumbnails, if you installed a CAS-part or Buy/Build mode object, or anything that has a thumbnail picture, sometimes it is necessary to force the game to refresh its Thumbnails cache. Look inside the Thumbnails folder and delete any files inside that folder.

WorldCache:

For Windows only, Do NOT do this on Mac!

Just remove your cache inside your WorldCache folder here:
Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/WorldCaches

You can keep removing your caches as soon as the game starts to lag again. I hope this can help some people out there.

Rotceh1975

I just got the game 2 days ago the game was working great the first two hours that I played but now it’s freezing every few seconds.
SitoriTenshi

This is beyond frustrating. I have a brand new souped up computer... like.. it can play Skyrim on full graphics and run PERFECT sort of souped up.. but the freaking sims keeps freezing constantly. ***.

This has been going on for several EPs.. why the heck isn't EA doing anything

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: