Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
EA am I going to Lose something to gain something?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
stilljustme2

gmgar wrote:I don't think you need the base game too.

I have seen acct with only a SP and no other games listed.

I think you just need 2 copies of ST.

I am thinking of buying 2 and setting up another acct but I see that only a clone of your sims go to another game so it may be ok to simport.

Still 2 copies will be $80.00...too much money.

They should offer either family packs (game packs with multiple licenses) or allow people to purchase licenses without having to buy another physical copy of the game. My anti-virus software comes with two licenses so it can be installed on up to two computers (I have it on both my laptop and my desktop), and additional licenses can be purchased if you have a lot of computers to protect. Other software works the same way. Even if they sold the licenses for half the price of the full game pack ($20) they'd still make money because they wouldn't have the expense of packaging and pressing the disk. And more licenses means more store accounts, and maybe even more store sales.

I do have two base game packs (I bought a second one when I had to re-install because I'd misplaced my original one, but then I found the original pack I bought), so I might try it and see if I can do it or if I actually need Showtime registered on both accounts as well.

Cyberqueen13

stilljustme2 : thanks for responding. Though I appreciate whatever info you can give, I wanted to pre-order the game to get the preorder deals. I don't think you will be able to test your theory until game release which would be to late for me.

I really hope EA will just answer the question.

Edit: P.s. I do digital downloads this way we can play at the same time without the need of a disc in the computer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/26/12 11:33 PM

I Dream of Sims
Cyberqueen13

I found this online. Looks like we will need to buy 2 ST games

Edit: found this online:
.@tinydancer114 Hopefully you caught our answer during the chat, but it's a good point to address for everyone. You can send Sims through SimPort to another account on the same computer (such as to a family member), however you will need a registered copy of Showtime tied to each account to be able to do this. RT @tinydancer114 @SimGuruGraham If two ppl, same house share disk can they Simport their Sims to each other or does each need a diff reg #?#TS3Showtime

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g36hf9
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g3mg7d

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g3mhdu

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/27/12 01:00 AM

I Dream of Sims
peoinee

what i did was posted a message to both guru megan and guru graham directing them to this thread i have done this once before and graham went and responed on the thread i asked for a response on so may be one of them will come here that way its straight from a guru poster and he/she can look at all the posts and respond respectively.

Graham is rather good at that when he goes to a thread he will read or skim the whole thread then touch on the major question(s) that were brought up. so maybe if he comes here he will fully clearify how to do it all.

Graham Megan or Random Guru

For simport do you have to have base game registered also or can just showtime be registered?

Will this effect familys that share store content in the same house?

I hope if someone else has any other questions or rewording from what i have here that you are able to answer their questions.

These are not issues i have in my game since my BF doesnt play sims but im sure many families have these questions.

peoinee

Cyberqueen13 wrote:I found this online. Looks like we will need to buy 2 ST games

Edit: found this online:
.@tinydancer114 Hopefully you caught our answer during the chat, but it's a good point to address for everyone. You can send Sims through SimPort to another account on the same computer (such as to a family member), however you will need a registered copy of Showtime tied to each account to be able to do this. RT @tinydancer114 @SimGuruGraham If two ppl, same house share disk can they Simport their Sims to each other or does each need a diff reg #?#TS3Showtime

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g36hf9
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g3mg7d

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g3mhdu

hmm so the main question now is if you need the basegame on the account or can it be an account with ONLY showtime registed.

peoinee

Cyberqueen13 wrote:stilljustme2 : thanks for responding. Though I appreciate whatever info you can give, I wanted to pre-order the game to get the preorder deals. I don't think you will be able to test your theory until game release which would be to late for me.

I really hope EA will just answer the question.

Edit: P.s. I do digital downloads this way we can play at the same time without the need of a disc in the computer.

hay for both of you guys did you know if you have the game registered here on thesims3.com that you have a digital copy whether you bought a disk or not i noticed this last month i now have 2 origin accounts since my original origin account was under a different email than i use on here

If you log into the origin downloader using the exact same info you log into thesims3.com you will have a digital download of all your register games.

Cyberqueen13

peoinee Thank you for your response. I think that would be a good idea to have a guru come and answer the questions posted. I did find some tweets online but they do not address some of the questions asked here.

Very important to know how ST will affect families that share all previous EPs/SPs/store content but want to also simport with each other.

The Key point is that I want to still be able to share EVERYTHING with my daughter and be able to simport together.

A really big thanks for contacting them. Be nice if they could come here and tell us the steps we would have to take and if sharing EVERYTHING would still be possible. Btw, we do everything here by digital download (incase that's important)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/27/12 01:54 AM

I Dream of Sims
peoinee

Cyberqueen13 wrote:peoinee Thank you for your response. I think that would be a good idea to have a guru come and answer the questions posted. I did find some tweets online but they do not address some of the questions asked here.

Very important to know how ST will affect families that share all previous EPs/SPs/store content but want to also simport with each other.

A really big thans for contacting them.

NP i only use Twitter for sims stuff and swagbucks lol

(oh you dont know what swagbucks is....Check my banner!!!)

gmgar

I hope you get a answer soon. BTW the site will be down most of the day on Monday check your messages for times etc. So you may not get a answer until tues.

I still say you should not have to buy 2 copies.

Will check back on tues to see what happens...have a good week everyone.

SimGuruSemedi

Cyberqueen13 wrote:
Here comes the question:
I own all EP's and SP's and I plan on getting Showtime as well. The producer says that you need to buy another basegame of the Sims3 and register a new account to be able to use the new social and simport functions.
Guru/Anyone: How will this affect us when it comes to sharing the downloads of store content?
Will it affect the other already purchased EP/SP and future EP/SP for us if the basegames have different registration codes?

ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!
My goal is to be able to play with my daughter with tours and such, WITHOUT her losing access to the store stuff I buy us and EP's I buy us.

Hi Cyberqueen,

Happy news - you shouldn't have any problems with what you'd like to do. Any store purchases that you've installed on your PC can also be used by different Sims 3 accounts logged in on that same PC. If you buy two copies of Showtime so that you can use SimPort with members of the family, they'll still be able to access that purchased store content that's installed on the PC.

Enjoy

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
SimGuruSemedi

Cyberqueen13 wrote:
Do I need to buy both a basegame AND the showtime EP for this to work? That's alot of money.

Oh, I can help answer this as well... You should be fine just purchasing a copy of Showtime and registering that to your daughter's account. You don't need to have a separate copy of base game tied to it as well.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
n00biityo

And Graham makes an entrance. Why don't you guys hang out on the forums more instead of posting on twitter?

ETA: Thank you for clearing things up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/27/12 08:31 PM

peoinee

SimGuruSemedi wrote:
Cyberqueen13 wrote:
Do I need to buy both a basegame AND the showtime EP for this to work? That's alot of money.

Oh, I can help answer this as well... You should be fine just purchasing a copy of Showtime and registering that to your daughter's account. You don't need to have a separate copy of base game tied to it as well.

thank you graham

for those who done know at the time that i sent him the message he was theoretically not working and when he got to my tweet the servers were already down

n00biityo

Yes, I was surprised when I got a tweet back from one of the gurus on a Sunday. Since they're all in California according to my time conversion it was pretty late too. It was very nice of her to reply to me.

eilian

SimGuruSemedi wrote:
Cyberqueen13 wrote:
Here comes the question:
I own all EP's and SP's and I plan on getting Showtime as well. The producer says that you need to buy another basegame of the Sims3 and register a new account to be able to use the new social and simport functions.
Guru/Anyone: How will this affect us when it comes to sharing the downloads of store content?
Will it affect the other already purchased EP/SP and future EP/SP for us if the basegames have different registration codes?

ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!
My goal is to be able to play with my daughter with tours and such, WITHOUT her losing access to the store stuff I buy us and EP's I buy us.

Hi Cyberqueen,

Happy news - you shouldn't have any problems with what you'd like to do. Any store purchases that you've installed on your PC can also be used by different Sims 3 accounts logged in on that same PC. If you buy two copies of Showtime so that you can use SimPort with members of the family, they'll still be able to access that purchased store content that's installed on the PC.

Enjoy

I think I'm probably just dense, but does this work the same for 2 different household computers/2 family members playing SHT/2 separate copies of SHT (as opposed to 2 different players on the same machine)? I confuse easily lol

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: