Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Page Thread. Updated 6/12! Hidden posts purge made [Read first page before asking =)]  XML
Locked Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Author Message
Nancy01905


Joined: 06/03/09 04:27 PM
Messages: 3243
Location:Canada
Offline

Will our friend page will be fixed????????? alot of us are asking this we have lots of friends on our pages and they are totally gone?? it is a waste of time trying to find them and re add them????

Profile
Pepperbutt


Joined: 07/27/11 01:46 AM
Messages: 3154
Location:Chicago, IL

SimGuruRusskii wrote:
Callum9432 wrote:Is there a way to delete and report comments?


there is, check the first post, i just updated it with info =)
let me know if it helps.



Thank you for adding it. Will there be a way to remove the spam of everyone else's actions? (Cyron posting on n00b's wall, for example.)

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
Profile
marystarbright


Joined: 07/27/10 09:17 PM
Messages: 2839

You can tell EA their plan backfired. I HATE FACEBOOK more now than ever

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/27/12 10:55 PM

Profile
SimGuruRusskii


Joined: 12/15/11 03:36 AM
Messages: 1416
Location:Somewhere only we know...

Nancy01905 wrote:Will our friend page will be fixed????????? alot of us are asking this we have lots of friends on our pages and they are totally gone?? it is a waste of time trying to find them and re add them????



As I told Ccrinct we are not fully updated yet, so you need to wait for a while until it is fully updated. I am reporting to the team tho, that this is still happening.

thanks

Profile
Nancy01905


Joined: 06/03/09 04:27 PM
Messages: 3243
Location:Canada
Offline

Mine is fixed i had to do a refresh

Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 7366
Location:Scotland
Online

SimGuruRusskii wrote:
Callum9432 wrote:Is there a way to delete and report comments?


there is, check the first post, i just updated it with info =)
let me know if it helps.

Thanks for replying, I'll go check it out so that I know

Profile
Pepperbutt


Joined: 07/27/11 01:46 AM
Messages: 3154
Location:Chicago, IL

murfeel wrote:Are we going to be reimbursed for the money spent on Stickers for ourselves and Gifting others?

Also, is there a way to Hide Badges so decide which ones show on that thing next to the avatar on 'our' Pages--I'm not calling them MY Page anymore--it's The Page.

And I see that there are now a whoooooole bunch of new Badges slots--are those the new Achievement things I heard about in the Showtime thread, or are these something else?
Do they get updated as we play our game automatically, or will we have to confirm something every time a sim meets one of these quotas--like: Your Sim Made a Truce with 10 Enemies badge?

Sorry for all the questions!


They're the ones SimsVIP posted about, so I think once the patch is released, you can get them.

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
Profile
murfeel


Joined: 04/28/10 02:39 PM
Messages: 7524
Location:Under your bed with all your cookies

Pepperbutt wrote:
murfeel wrote: And I see that there are now a whoooooole bunch of new Badges slots--are those the new Achievement things I heard about in the Showtime thread, or are these something else? Do they get updated as we play our game automatically, or will we have to confirm something every time a sim meets one of these quotas--like: Your Sim Made a Truce with 10 Enemies badge?


They're the ones SimsVIP posted about, so I think once the patch is released, you can get them.


A-ha! Thanks for responding!
And I'm sorry to hear about your health problems! Get better soon!

Profile
Pepperbutt


Joined: 07/27/11 01:46 AM
Messages: 3154
Location:Chicago, IL

murfeel wrote:
Pepperbutt wrote:
murfeel wrote: And I see that there are now a whoooooole bunch of new Badges slots--are those the new Achievement things I heard about in the Showtime thread, or are these something else? Do they get updated as we play our game automatically, or will we have to confirm something every time a sim meets one of these quotas--like: Your Sim Made a Truce with 10 Enemies badge?


They're the ones SimsVIP posted about, so I think once the patch is released, you can get them.


A-ha! Thanks for responding!
And I'm sorry to hear about your health problems! Get better soon!


I'm getting better, it's a lot of personal things that this place sometimes doesn't help, don't worry. Thank you. c:

So. The badges are up.. Let's take bets on the patch's release.

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
Profile
Anavastia


Joined: 06/20/09 05:02 PM
Messages: 4448
Location:Help make sims a better game!
Online

The first glitch i am having was 1. for the comment box when the comment reaches more than 5 lines the whole mypage lags so bad that it took 5 minutes to type out the next sentence.

The second glitch is my friends list disappearing and everyone in the list. Yet they were all still my friends and it does that off and on the list will say 80 friends than 3 friens than 20 friends than back up to 80.

Third which is not a glitch, i don't like puke green, i know the plumbob is green but that doesn't look very lovely on my page. Please add something to customize the comment box to light blue or light pink or something more suited to my taste.

The conversation set up is really confusing for me. I guess it will take some getting used to but it's hard to tell how the conversation flows. So it literally caused me to get a migrane trying to read who said what etc. I was curious about that as well. Is there a way to clean it up a bit or delete some posts once you've read them?

Profile
Rukaya


Joined: 07/29/09 08:41 PM
Messages: 2569
Offline

I hate what has been done to "my Page". My settings are for friends only and I have been spammed by messages from people I have never heard of. That activity reporting is terrible. I have had to delete "friends" I never interact with and that still doesn't help. Also the number of friends is unstable. I don't want to receive comments that people make to each other. I want it back the way it was.
EA fix this mess.
Profile
Pepperbutt


Joined: 07/27/11 01:46 AM
Messages: 3154
Location:Chicago, IL

Anavastia wrote:The first glitch i am having was 1. for the comment box when the comment reaches more than 5 lines the whole mypage lags so bad that it took 5 minutes to type out the next sentence.

The second glitch is my friends list disappearing and everyone in the list. Yet they were all still my friends and it does that off and on the list will say 80 friends than 3 friens than 20 friends than back up to 80.

Third which is not a glitch, i don't like puke green, i know the plumbob is green but that doesn't look very lovely on my page. Please add something to customize the comment box to light blue or light pink or something more suited to my taste.

The conversation set up is really confusing for me. I guess it will take some getting used to but it's hard to tell how the conversation flows. So it literally caused me to get a migrane trying to read who said what etc. I was curious about that as well. Is there a way to clean it up a bit or delete some posts once you've read them?


The plumbob is a different shade, it's not THIS in your face.

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
Profile
crinrict


Joined: 06/21/09 03:39 PM
Messages: 16941
Location:Switzerland

Would also be nice if we could get rid of news we've read.

I'm off to bed, good night everyone.

Profile
n00biityo


Joined: 06/04/09 06:28 AM
Messages: 1460
Location:Europe

crinrict wrote:Would also be nice if we could get rid of news we've read.

I'm off to bed, good night everyone.


Night. I still hope you'll add me as a friend despite all the spam you already have.

They could have soften the color a bit with blue here and there or make the page mainly blue shades.

If they had to imitate a social network why not Google+? Better filters, less spam, you can separate your contacts into groups...

Profile
LunyKimberly


Joined: 11/28/09 09:12 AM
Messages: 59
Offline

Add another one to not liking being spammed with "your friend commented on someone else's page!" notices. I don't particularly *care* that someone I know commented on another one of their friend's pages. They're allowed to have more than one friend and they're allowed to talk to their other friends - I don't need to know about it.

What I DO want to know is when someone commented on MY page without me having to constantly visit the My Page section of the site and scroll through the latest round of whatever EA decided I needneedneed to see *right now* cuz it's sooo cool!!!

I don't need to see when one of my friends added a new item to their wishlist. I don't need to see when one of my friends bought something from the Store. I don't need to see when one of my friends uploaded something new to their Studio. If I want to see that information, I am quite capable of visiting their profile/My Page and finding the information myself.

Forcing notices like this on a user's "wall" does nothing but either promote people becoming paranoid about what's being "said" about them (which is a good way to start problems on the site) or irritate people to the point that they completely ignore the new My Page system in full (at which point what's the use of having it).

I'm over 30 years old and been playing/working with computers since I was seven. I don't need EA to hold my hand and tell me 'this is what you need to know about everyone'.

Let ME decide what kind of notices I have delivered to my wall, not just by whom.
Profile
 
Locked Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: