Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
☆~ KLorelei's Works In Progress ~☆ Villa di Fiori ♦♦ Mysticdiva2 ♦♦ p.30  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
SoleilStarr

Oh yes a Pergola! I love those. I seen one draped in Wisteria once. I wish they'd give us a Wisteria tree and more flower options. I'd pay for a plant stuff pack.

CrescentMoonPye

SoleilStarr wrote:Oh yes a Pergola! I love those. I seen one draped in Wisteria once. I wish they'd give us a Wisteria tree and more flower options. I'd pay for a plant stuff pack.
That's funny, so would I!!
More colors in short dimensional plants - like that blue stemmy one, only in 3 other colors. Or daffodils. Or... I don't know, just lots of them.

I could see the Wisteria or Bougainvillea being a version of that wall ivy object in 'plants?' or was it wall sculpture. Can't remember where, but we could always use more ways to decorate the outdide of the house.

KLorelei

CrescentMoonPye wrote:
SoleilStarr wrote:Oh yes a Pergola! I love those. I seen one draped in Wisteria once. I wish they'd give us a Wisteria tree and more flower options. I'd pay for a plant stuff pack.
That's funny, so would I!!
More colors in short dimensional plants - like that blue stemmy one, only in 3 other colors. Or daffodils. Or... I don't know, just lots of them.

I could see the Wisteria or Bougainvillea being a version of that wall ivy object in 'plants?' or was it wall sculpture. Can't remember where, but we could always use more ways to decorate the outdide of the house.

You won't get any argument from me, especially considering this build is all about the plants and the garden! Trying to make a full garden using the few choices we have isn't nearly as fun as it would be if there were lots of options (and color choices or better yet: the ability to recolor the plants!). ^_^

CrescentMoonPye

No kidding!
I don't always understand why EA chooses to do what they do, knowing we simmers are they way we are [half of us are control-freaks, imo].
The lack of recolor ability in Build baffles me. I'm hoping it's because graphically it would screw up the game function to have colorable roofs, plants, ground-spray [can't remember the correct term], etc. I would have thought they would have figured that out since TS2.

Well, 'moo' what you can and do your creative best! Which is considerable, cuz your stuff ends up so gorgeous, limitations or not.

KLorelei

Awww, you're making me blush Cressie.

I've only a little bit to go on the build, a couple of rooms left to do, some touch up landscaping and the playtesting is all that's left. But this weekend is going to be crazy busy for me so I won't get a chance to work on it again until Monday. Thought I'd leave you with a few more recent pics so you can see just what's in store for you very soon.

And here's a shot of the kitchen (and my sim upgrading the stove, just ignore her, lol). I didn't know that the flame fruit nectar bottles actually flamed out the top when they're left on the counter. How awesome is that?

CrescentMoonPye

Aghhhhh! The corks are on fire!
heehee, I didn't know they did that either!!! Cool!
Makes you wonder what, if anything, the other concoctions do when left to their own devices?!

Hey, the build looks great! All youre missing now are some unenlightened kids throwing rocks at the front gate!

"She'll curse you,... she will!"
"I hope you get... um... hedgehog Pox! Yeah, that's it - Hedgehog Pox upon you, you little *expletive bleepity bleep*!"
[OK, I admit, that wasn't what actually happened, but you know Kylie [cor. name?] was thinking it and we don't have chickens in our game, so cursing someone with that would just be silly! I've watched this movie WAY too many times. heehee]

p.s. Hey, where's the Jimmy soup pot?! (sometimes there just aren't enough objects in the world to satisfy, ya know?!)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/06/12 08:17 PM

SoleilStarr

Omg the kitchen is gorgeous and you did an amazing landscaping job! Ty for the door and stove btw. That stove does fit much better than the others, sorry I didn't already have it!

I had no idea flame fruit nectar did that. O_O Then again I really haven't utilized the nectar machine much.

You're doing a wonderful job. I wish I could build like you!

KLorelei

CrescentMoonPye wrote:Aghhhhh! The corks are on fire!
heehee, I didn't know they did that either!!! Cool!
Makes you wonder what, if anything, the other concoctions do when left to their own devices?!

Hey, the build looks great! All youre missing now are some unenlightened kids throwing rocks at the front gate!

"She'll curse you,... she will!"
"I hope you get... um... hedgehog Pox! Yeah, that's it - Hedgehog Pox upon you, you little *expletive bleepity bleep*!"
[OK, I admit, that wasn't what actually happened, but you know Kylie [cor. name?] was thinking it and we don't have chickens in our game, so cursing someone with that would just be silly! I've watched this movie WAY too many times. heehee]

p.s. Hey, where's the Jimmy soup pot?! (sometimes there just aren't enough objects in the world to satisfy, ya know?!)

Lol! You're too funny Cressie! And yeah, the only thing that comes close to the Jimmy soup pot is the cauldron, but that's way too big and has fire already attached to it at the bottom. Plus it wouldn't fit on top of the stove even with fancy MOO maneuvers. heh

SoleilStarr wrote:Omg the kitchen is gorgeous and you did an amazing landscaping job! Ty for the door and stove btw. That stove does fit much better than the others, sorry I didn't already have it!

I had no idea flame fruit nectar did that. O_O Then again I really haven't utilized the nectar machine much.

You're doing a wonderful job. I wish I could build like you!

I'm so glad you like the build so far Soleil! I thought those items were too perfect/important for the build so gifting you was the easiest solution (and I wouldn't have done it if I didn't want to so no need to apologize!). ^_^

And surprise surprise, I have another question for you (heh): in the movie they have several cats (and kittens) running around. Were you planning on having cats/dogs in your household? I can easily put a few pets items around (pet beds & bowls, etc) so you don't have to do it when your simmies move in if you'd like. If you weren't planning on having pets, that's fine too I just thought I'd check with you first.

eta: I noticed you mentioned loving the new India set (isn't it beautiful?!). I was just wondering if you happened to buy it, just in case I decided to use anything from it since there are a couple of decor items, like the curtains, that may end up being useful. No biggie if you didn't, just thought it couldn't hurt to ask. ^_^

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/12 05:59 PM

CrescentMoonPye

Yeah, KL, just a plain ol' Italianesque soup pot is all that's needed to seal in his nasty spirit.

The cauldron is overkill for that - but I could see the cauldron outside somewhere, cuz you never know when the aunts or the girls may want to re-dye their clothes with walnut skins or onions or what-have-you. Cauldrons are good for doing that!

Oh, Soleil! You have to have a silky black cat/kitten, or who will Jillie pet in the end?!

KLorelei

CrescentMoonPye wrote:Yeah, KL, just a plain ol' Italianesque soup pot is all that's needed to seal in his nasty spirit.

The cauldron is overkill for that - but I could see the cauldron outside somewhere, cuz you never know when the aunts or the girls may want to re-dye their clothes with walnut skins or onions or what-have-you. Cauldrons are good for doing that!

Hmmm, I don't know if there's room for a cauldron outside anymore. I think I've landscaped the poor thing nearly to death, lol. ^_^ Of course one could always take a weed wacker to a few plants and make some room as needed... heh

SoleilStarr

Yes I plan on having cats and birds if you wanted to work that in somewhere. Annnd yes actually I did get the whole India set! I couldn't resist. I really love cultural clothing/furniture.

KLorelei

Ok fabulous, I will put in some objects for the animals (I actually already included a bird cage in the conservatory because they keep birds in there in the movie ^_^).

CrescentMoonPye

KLorelei wrote:Ok fabulous, I will put in some objects for the animals (I actually already included a bird cage in the conservatory because they keep birds in there in the movie ^_^).
... and then stab them! That's the only part of the movie I still have a problem with.

I think I've landscaped the poor thing nearly to death
Wooot! Pack 'em in so the sims can't move (Oh wait, I forgot! They just walk right through plants, don't they?!)

KLorelei

CrescentMoonPye wrote:
KLorelei wrote:Ok fabulous, I will put in some objects for the animals (I actually already included a bird cage in the conservatory because they keep birds in there in the movie ^_^).
... and then stab them! That's the only part of the movie I still have a problem with.

I know, I always pretend that part doesn't happen. I am much more Sally than Jillian when it comes to the killing of things I guess.

CrescentMoonPye wrote:
KLorelei wrote:I think I've landscaped the poor thing nearly to death
Wooot! Pack 'em in so the sims can't move (Oh wait, I forgot! They just walk right through plants, don't they?!)

They do indeed. lol Although if you plan it just right, it's mostly just through the edges of the plants.

foxgirl902

Hi! Thank you for accepting my request, I also accepted your FR you sent me. ^-^

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: