Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Is anyone elses game freezing/lagging?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Hawkflight1066

I would just like to add to this discussion - I have NO EPs - only Stuff packs plus River View, Barnacle Bay and Hidden Valley. I have downloaded ONLY items from the store, and not a vast quantity of those either, mainly the freebies. I have NO Mods whatsoever.
I am using a lap top with dual core processors and a separate graphics chip and I checked my specs before buying TS3.

My game was running perfectly until I purchased Hidden Valley. I bought it when it was on sale in the Store, and I wasn't ready to start playing with it straight away, so for a week I continued to play Barnacle Bay WITHOUT any lag or freeze whatsoever. Neither were there any updates or patches in that week.
As soon as I began to play Hidden Valley I experienced constant game freezes happening from one to four or five times a minute, varying from one or two seconds to about ten seconds. Sometimes I can't see any reason - but they frequently seem to coincide with "event" notifications, the arrival of the maid, the departure of sims for work - as if suddenly the game is unable to process the actions in a timely manner.
I reduced graphics quality to see if that helped. It has not. I have defragged repeatedly, run "check disk" in full, not just the "light" option, have turned off e mail and anything else that "phones home" repeatedly to reduce the workload on the CPU. Nothing is helping the lag/freeze.

Since my game was NOT freezing until I started to play Hidden Valley I tend to blame that download for being the source of the issues. However I have not yet gone back to Barnacle Bay to see if that is now lagging, or to either of my other "worlds".

On a lighter note - I bought and used the baby swing and it glitched. The screaming toddler I left in the chair all day neither fell asleep not had her moods raised. But all the other sims in the family stopped needing to sleep - until they aged up. This was the only helpful glitch I've ever experienced, and I have now turned off ageing so I can use my remaining non tiring sim to complete as many as possible of the new badge challenges. Mwua ha ha.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 07:34 PM

A Genuine English Eccentric
Also appearing at
http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Guid_Morrow_Club
XKidsInLoveX

Writin_Reg wrote:Well you removed the mods, but did not uninstall your CC. You have apparently been lucky this has not happened to you before if you think removing the downloads folder uninstalls the content from the game. It doesn't. It is just a folder to hold sims3pack until it is installed. Once the content is installed you can delete all that stuff in the downloads folder as it is in your game. You have to use the launcher, under installed content to uninstall all Sims 3 packs - and yes one at a time and it is mixed in with all the regular and store content as well. CC is not easy to uninstall and because of this and the fact it can corrupt the game when you update if not removed - although it doesn't always corrupt - it can - I won't use CC because it's too darn hard to remove and add back in with every update. Nothing is worth that much work and now you need to do a complete manual uninstall/ reinstall and clean your registry to fix it - or keep lagging until it doesn't play anymore unfortunately.

A reset of the folder and using CC cleaner might help, but not sure if it will fix it, and you will still need to uninstall that content.

I do know there are several hairs that were a problem with Showtime and a few outfits, but which ones I have no clue as I quit following that kind of info seeing I don't use CC at all. I just saw several posts here and there regarding them and have no clue if anything else is uncompatiable. It was not in this forum though where I saw that - it might have been the Showtime forum a few days ago.

But not following EA's instruction for their patches is sooner or later going to bite you where the sun doesn't shine. I know, I got bit a few times before I gave up on CC - way back in the early stage of Sims three.

I can attest without CC or mods there is no problem at all on my pc - but then I knew that back in January when I beta tested the game.

I d uninstall my launcher cc before i update, but ive been told by other i didnt need to. Im sorry if i didnt make it clear that i did that when i patched i had a completely vanilla, cc and mod free game and im still having issues. I had issues when i played without cc too just yesterday

XKidsInLoveX

Hawkflight1066 wrote:I would just like to add to this discussion - I have NO EPs - only Stuff packs plus River View, Barnacle Bay and Hidden Valley. I have downloaded ONLY items from the store, and not a vast quantity of those either, mainly the freebies. I have NO Mods whatsoever.
I am using a lap top with dual core processors and a separate graphics chip and I checked my specs before buying TS3.

My game was running perfectly until I purchased Hidden Valley. I bought it when it was on sale in the Store, and I wasn't ready to start playing with it straight away, so for a week I continued to play Barnacle Bay WITHOUT any lag or freeze whatsoever. Neither were there any updates or patches in that week.
As soon as I began to play Hidden Valley I experienced constant game freezes happening from one to four or five times a minute, varying from one or two seconds to about ten seconds. Sometimes I can't see any reason - but they frequently seem to coincide with "event" notifications, the arrival of the maid, the departure of sims for work - as if suddenly the game is unable to process the actions in a timely manner.
I reduced graphics quality to see if that helped. It has not. I have defragged repeatedly, run "check disk" in full, not just the "light" option, have turned off e mail and anything else that "phones home" repeatedly to reduce the workload on the CPU. Nothing is helping the lag/freeze.

Since my game was NOT freezing until I started to play Hidden Valley I tend to blame that download for being the source of the issues. However I have not yet gone back to Barnacle Bay to see if that is now lagging, or to either of my other "worlds".

On a lighter note - I bought and used the baby swing and it glitched. The screaming toddler I left in the chair all day neither fell asleep not had her moods raised. But all the other sims in the family stopped needing to sleep - until they aged up. This was the only helpful glitch I've ever experienced, and I have now turned off ageing so I can use my remaining non tiring sim to complete as many as possible of the new badge challenges. Mwua ha ha.

Ive had this problem with hidden springs too actually, when its installed my game is freezing and lagging, and when its uninstalled my game is fine. Ive contacted ea about this and they swear its me, but i know its not cause my computer exceeds the requirements greatly and is a very powerful machine, I believe the problem is with the fountian of youth

KirbyAndKat

Location:CURRENTLY ON AN INDEFINITE HIATUS FROM THESE FORUMS

Yeah, its best not to update the game with the patch. Imma wait a few more weeks

EDIT: I don't have mods. Just CC patterns from the Exchange.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 07:38 PM

Hibernating. ON A LONG HIATUS FROM THESE FORUMS DUE TO HEALTH ISSUES.

Find me on Carl's Sims 3 Forums or MyPage. -K&K(=
extremeasaur

all my CC is coded so I know which files are from the sims store and from the internet - i never have a problem with the getting mixed up.

all my mods were removed and all my CC was saved on a thumb-drive.

I have been doing this for years and I learned early on to remove everything.

I have a designated computer for the game that exceeds all the game system requirements.

I just think updates, new content and a new EP/SP all being added at the same time makes my game sad.

XKidsInLoveX

Simasaurus09 wrote:I have not updated my game yet still because of all the issues.. I was thinking of maybe today taking all my CC and 1 mod out then doing a cache clean as well as a CC clean before updating my game and putting things back in after updating them BUT NOW... It seems that might not protect me. Awesome... o.- Can we ever just patch issue free?

probably not ha

Writin_Reg

I patch issue free every single time. It's the chance you take to use mods and CC. I do own the whole store, all eps and sps as well though. I never have to remove anything anymore and have never had an issue since I stopped using CC, which is after WA came out. Every patch since then has caused me no game problems at all. So I know it's possible.

XKidsInLoveX

Writin_Reg wrote:I patch issue free every single time. It's the chance you take to use mods and CC. I do own the whole store, all eps and sps as well though. I never have to remove anything anymore and have never had an issue since I stopped using CC, which is after WA came out. Every patch since then has caused me no game problems at all. So I know it's possible.

I dont use any game altering CC, its all safe, reliable cc and the only mods i use are overwatch and master controller to clean up my town, i didnt have issues pre patch, this is the first time ive ever had issues (mine the pet fur issue, but thats since been fixed)

extremeasaur

Hidden Springs worked fine, Barnacle Bay worked fine, but Late Night and Generations caused me serious grief.

that was before I got into Mods. When I started using Mods, everything was fine, until ShowTime.
SIMplified

Writin_Reg wrote:I patch issue free every single time. It's the chance you take to use mods and CC. I do own the whole store, all eps and sps as well though. I never have to remove anything anymore and have never had an issue since I stopped using CC, which is after WA came out. Every patch since then has caused me no game problems at all. So I know it's possible.

Yes it is possible. I'm just looking for some answer or help as to how to get the lag either under control or gone. I'm not upset with EA, the patch or my 3rd party content. I'd just like a bit of "oh I had this problem until I did this blah blah blah" and maybe sort out whatever it is I did (:

XKidsInLoveX

extremeasaur wrote:Hidden Springs worked fine, Barnacle Bay worked fine, but Late Night and Generations caused me serious grief.

that was before I got into Mods. When I started using Mods, everything was fine, until ShowTime.

when ever i have hidden springs installed my game gets choppy, but that problem had been resolved until the patch. Now its doing it again, although its doing the same thing when its uninstalled. My computer really exceeds the requirements and is a new computer so it cant be me

Writin_Reg

Extremesaur - be careful as I discovered new content in my game supposively showed the store bag on it after testing a few lots for a friend of mine, and come to find out it was not store content, it was CC decor and plants. I noticed this before Showtime came out, a day or so after Lunar Lakes came out - in fact the day we got the patch before Showtime - so I don't know which caused that to do this - the first patch or LL, but some CC is showing up with the store Icon on it. So if that is what you are using to distinquish your CC, it might be missing a few things.

I knew right off the bat I had gotten CC even though I saw nothing but store icons in my content because saves take longer than 20-30 seconds and my game took 2 minutes to load instead of the normal minute. That was just with 7 pieces of plants and decor, so I can imagine what a bad hair or something might do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 07:48 PM

XKidsInLoveX

Writin_Reg wrote:Extremesaur - be careful as I discovered new content in my game supposively showed the store bag on it after testing a few lots for a friend of mine, and come to find out it was not store content, it was CC decor and plants. I noticed this before Showtime came out, a day or so after Lunar Lakes came out - in fact the day we got the patch before Showtime - so I don't know which caused that to do this - the first patch or LL, but some CC is showing up with the store Icon on it. So if that is what you are using to distinquish your CC, it might be missing a few things.

I knew right off the bat I had gotten CC even though I saw nothing but store icons in my content because saves take longer than 20-30 seconds and my game too 2 minutes to load instead of the normal minute. That was just with 7 pieces of plants and decor, so I can imagine what a bad hair or something might do.

ive been so lucky with my cc usage probably cause i scan everything with dashboard

extremeasaur

Writin_Reg wrote:Extremesaur - be careful as I discovered new content in my game supposively showed the store bag on it after testing a few lots for a friend of mine, and come to find out it was not store content, it was CC decor and plants. I noticed this before Showtime came out, a day or so after Lunar Lakes came out - in fact the day we got the patch before Showtime - so I don't know which caused that to do this - the first patch or LL, but some CC is showing up with the store Icon on it. So if that is what you are using to distinquish your CC, it might be missing a few things.

I knew right off the bat I had gotten CC even though I saw nothing but store icons in my content because saves take longer than 20-30 seconds and my game took 2 minutes to load instead of the normal minute. That was just with 7 pieces of plants and decor, so I can imagine what a bad hair or something might do.

I'm on a mac, so I can color code the files. All the green are Sims store, all the red are PeggyZone, all the blue are...etc. I only download from people who's stuff has always worked for me. I color code them before I install them and the Sims Store show up right away and I code them then.
extremeasaur

it's been over an hour and disc one in loaded with updates.

no cc, no mods.

it's herky-jerky. Doesn't move smoothly, but it's not freezing or stalling.

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: