Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
MOVED: The Badge Thread (Unattainable, glitched, etc.)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
n00biityo

KayParfait wrote:
Luthecia25 wrote:Hello

I know sometimes my internet will bug out and I'll become not connected in game.

I had it happen to me twice so far and when you're not connected, the stuff you do doesn't count for the badges

It's not supposed to be like that, I believe I heard in one of the live chats that even when you're not connected your game keeps track of your badge progress and when you log in on the site while in the game is when you claim any badges earned.

It's a new thing, and we all know how new things go with EA. Wait a few months for it to get fixed, or not.

Well unfortunately the trend with TS3 is that it never works the way it's supposed to or the way they say it works.

Cyron43

Why do you guys even care for those freakin' badges?

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
Cinebar

Cyron43 wrote:Why do you guys even care for those freakin' badges?

I didn't at first because they are RPG game play, and just more of it in TS3. Just game fillers,if you will. But once you do them and realize you should have gotten a badge for it and don't then Ya, you get ticked that they 'system' isn't what they said it would be.

Some of these that others complained about not getting I did get some of those. You have be online and Notices turned on. If you are online but Notices in Game off...it doesn't work.
TenderWolf

Odd, I got the two acrobat badges (legendary performance and perform in each venue type), so again, it's like some people get some badges that others don't.

There are quite a few connections though, like the jogging one. No one I know has gotten it, or the bull riding one. Those have to be broken.

I know badges aren't anything related to the game, but if you did earn them, that's the least you deserve is a badge on your page (that we can't even customize anymore).

Updating first post.

EIisabetta

Why do you care if they care?

Sorry, I can't sleep. I'm just being a pest.

SimMommy05

TenderWolf wrote:Odd, I got the two acrobat badges (legendary performance and perform in each venue type), so again, it's like some people get some badges that others don't.

There are quite a few connections though, like the jogging one. No one I know has gotten it, or the bull riding one. Those have to be broken.

I know badges aren't anything related to the game, but if you did earn them, that's the least you deserve is a badge on your page (that we can't even customize anymore).

Updating first post.

I have gotten both the jogging one and the cardio workout one with no problems whatsoever. The mechanical bull one however, I don't even have an option to get.

TtnFn04

Location:Far away from a certain nasty forum infested with trolls & homophobes

EIisabetta wrote:

Why do you care if they care?

This ^

Pls don't friend me. I'm out of the S3 comm. Sorry.

Curs10

SimMommy05 wrote:I have gotten both the jogging one and the cardio workout one with no problems whatsoever. The mechanical bull one however, I don't even have an option to get.

I also managed to get the Jogging & Cardio achievements, but only after many attempts with many different Sims. Thing is, once I finally did unlock them, the skill journal said they'd only jogged about 1600 km and done 160 hrs of cardio at the time. I also unlocked the Tutor badge when the skill journal said they'd only tutored 33 people instead of the required 40. So yeah, random.

For anyone having trouble with the Friends in High Places badge, it only unlocked for me after my VP befriended their boss in the Business career, not Political.

As for the Mechanical Bull, yeah save yourselves some frustration and forget about that one. No way, no how.

I will say it's nice that once a badge is unlocked, it's yours to keep even if you get the dreaded error code 12 and can't save your game. Same goes if you get bumped off of Origin; once you log back in, your wall will be updated with whatever achievements you'd completed in the interim. That's been my experience, anyway.

TenderWolf wrote:Here is the list of achievements I've done, and some have been done by others, but none of us have even gotten notifications of the badge, let alone gotten the badge on our pages:

*A New Vice (Have a Sim work their way up to, but no higher than, Vice President in both the Business and Political careers)

*Fit as a Fiddle (Have Sims perform 200 Hours of Cardio Workouts)

*Friends in High Places (Have your Vice President Sim be friends with their boss)

*Going the Distance (Have Sims jog a total of 2000 kilometers)

*Master of the Corporate Destiny (Fullfill the CEO of a Mega Corporation Lifetime Wish)

*Try The Goods (Have your Spa Package Seller Sim get a massage)

*Two on Two (Play a four-player game of pool)

Completed all of these with just the Make Needs Static cheat, no mods.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/24/12 07:53 AM

magiccookie

Okay, so I had won a Simfest in the park 10 days ago, and I hadn't got the corresponding badge.

A couple of days ago, I win another park Simfest, the badge pops up and indicates I acquired the badge on that first instance ten days ago, weird uh?

Same with the "get a sim stressed out" badge, I got it on the third or fourth time I got my sims stressed!

TenderWolf

This is madness!!! Well we can say 100% that the mechanical bull one will not unlock. I'm going to try some more now but I'm not holding my breath.

Still no luck on Abracadabra despite my magician being a level 10. She's had to have done 20 tricks to get there for crying out loud...also, for the ones that say "play a 4-player game"...do the players have to be Sims or are Simbots and genies okay?

Oh, and for the jogging achievements, it says have Sims, not have a Sim, so I'm guessing somehow it gets spread across multiple Sims so not one Sim has to do it all.

EDIT:
I got the pool achievement! I think what happened when I tried to do it before was, when I said for a Sim to join a game, the others stopped playing altogether. I got it now, woot!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 03/27/12 10:49 PM

Nik24X7

TenderWolf wrote:*8-Second Rider (Ride the Mechanical Bull at the Crazy Cowboy or Crazy Cowgirl setting 5 times in a row without getting Pwned) - I know I've done it at least 20 times and it's not in the in-game menu either)

You've ridden the bull at the Crazy Cowboy/Cowgirl level twenty times in a row without being thrown? That's quite an achievement! I managed to have one of my Sims do it five times then no badge. He did it a sixth time, still no badge. I reported it to SimGuruRusskii who says they're aware of the problem. FYI.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/27/12 11:21 PM

TheMomminator

Tommy92 wrote:Yea, I had my sims jog 2000 kilometers and didn't get a badge or a notice or no nothin' either. I was pretty ******* Then I remembered that it's The Sims Team we're talking about, probably one of the crappiest programming teams in the world.

*Sigh.* There's not much you can do about it I suppose.

And then posters wonder why the forums seem to get ignored.

Hmmm...would you want to come here if you were a programmer? Would a little simple respect be too hard?

I'm wondering if on some of these there are little twists. Like if the jogging one doesn't include the treadmill or if the cardio one means the workouts in front of the TV or stereo but not the treadmill?
stormwench

I have had most of those badges that the OP listed, but a few that are listed did not show up as the OP experienced. I wonder if the ones that don't for whatever reason are more random then directly effected?

TenderWolf

20 times? No, you don't have to ride the bull 20 times on the highest setting, just 5 times in a row. Or so it claims. It's good they're aware of the problem, but they should fix all of the badge problems while they're at it.

I've compiled a list of all badges listed on SimsVIP, and will cross-reference them with what's on our my pages tomorrow. I'll also include which ones aren't listed in the game, which appear to be the ones no one is getting at all (unlike some that some people get and others don't).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/28/12 03:24 AM

enkeli63

TenderWolf wrote:Odd, I got the two acrobat badges (legendary performance and perform in each venue type), so again, it's like some people get some badges that others don't.

Updating first post.

I have earned the jogging 2000 km one. You can check it out on my page

You MUST jog from place to place for it to count, the treadmill DOES NOT COUNT.

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: