Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
£24.99 !!!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
christine400

Darkslayer wrote:
christine400 wrote:
MeyersParrot wrote:Maybe she's not that rich she still has items on her wish list.

Anyway I'd like to have the same bank balance. I do not blame her she was offered paid work and took it. So would I. EA are you listening I'm available got great ideas. You wouldn't need to spend as much so the SP's could be cheaper.

are you freakin kidding me ???

do you not know who she has

she has tons of songs that are on the charts

has won a few awards and sold millions upon millions of CD's

she makes what would take you years to make

Wow, defensive much? I know you weren't addressing me but I'll answer anyway because to be honest, your comment has really left me feeling quite irritated.

1. Until the media and her PR company started shoving her down my throat at every opportunity no I did not know who she was and why should I? She sings pop music and pop music with the exception of the odd song here and there is something I just don't listen to.

Sure, I could have connected the song with her, but somebody would have had to have told me that she sang that song before I realized it. Just because you like her does't mean we all should.

2. That's a slight exaggeration isn't it? Not that I follow charts or anything but 'tons' is hardly the same as the two or three that she has probably actually had.

3. Your point being?

4. Again, your point being? It takes her just as long to record material for the CDs as it would any other person, the difference is that she is signed to a record label and average joe-public are not.

Nobody here is blaming Katy Perry for the price hike, EA wanted her, EA got her and now EA are making us, the paying consumer foot the bill for what it would have cost them to get Katy Perry on board which I think is quite pathetic. I mean they didn't NEED to stick a star's name on the game in the first place and IMO I don't think they should have.

1. your point is what exactly ?
as long as you know she is a singer you know she has money point blank.
2.lets she's had songs on the charts such as i kissed a girl,teenage dream, hot n' cold, a part of me, the one that got away,firework,california girls, E.T. thats about all i can think of. she's also in commercials and now apparently is working with EA she has money which was my whole point still not aware what yours is but maybe ill find out.
3.not sure what your referring to sorry
4. and please quote where i said i blame katy for EA's poor decisions. i like her and i like her songs i just dont she or any other celeb belongs in the sim games just my own opinion.

i agree with most of what you said so i really dont get what your point was unless your just looking for a fight which you wont get outta me
christine400

katana_x wrote:Yeah, $30 for a stuff pack would be barely acceptable if the content were good. And this is definitely not good content.

christine400 wrote:
are you freakin kidding me ???

do you not know who she has

she has tons of songs that are on the charts

has won a few awards and sold millions upon millions of CD's

she makes what would take you years to make

First of all, nobody was insulting Katy Perry, so there's no need to go all defensive. Second, MeyersParrot was clearly joking. Even if it were Katy Perry's real page and she couldn't or didn't want to buy the Store stuff, I would think EA would give her the content for free, what with her being a celebrity endorser.

i wasnt really defending her its common sense and i didnt get the sense she was joking my bad if she was
Darkslayer

@christine400: Believe me I'm not looking for a fight but your post was aggressive and condesdending. You might not have intended it to be that way but that's how it came across and that's why it irritated me.

julienrob2004

Simple maths here in the UK
The normal price of an SP is £9.99 or less
The price of this pack £24.99
A simple 150% increase in the price

Which makes my question simple EA
Are there 150% more items in the pack

I already know there are not, so a simple answer from me . I am NOT buying this rip off,especially as none of it looks decently made as well

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/10/12 06:40 PM

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
katana_x

christine400 wrote:
i wasnt really defending her its common sense and i didnt get the sense she was joking my bad if she was

She *said* she was joking, so she probably was.
christine400

katana_x wrote:
christine400 wrote:

She *said* she was joking, so she probably was.

missed it
christine400

Darkslayer wrote:@christine400: Believe me I'm not looking for a fight but your post was aggressive and condesdending. You might not have intended it to be that way but that's how it came across and that's why it irritated me.

yeah okay .....

i dont sugar coat my post dont like it dont read it is all i can say.

i've had my arguements on this site but i never take it to heart or hold grudges. so one day i could be in a fight with someone and the next we could be discussing something so calmly it just depends on everyones moods on here.

i'm not gonna apologize for "irritating" you b.c for one i wasn't talking to you. and 2 you threw words in my mouth which i dont like either.

have a nice day.

Christine<3
WinMacSims3

Changkra wrote:There is no way on this earth that I will pay £24.99 for a stuff pack.

If I do buy it, it will be when it drastically reduces in price.

There is a recession on do EA really think that people will just go out and throw half a weeks food bill on a stuff pack, not in the U.K., not now that some families are living off less money than they were 2 weeks ago.

Katy Perry has enough money does she have to be so greedy?

julienrob2004 wrote:Simple maths here in the UK
The normal price of an SP is £9.99 or less
The price of this pack £24.99
A simple 150% increase in the price

Which makes my question simple EA
Are there 150% more items in the pack

I already know there are not, so a simple answer from me . I am NOT buying this rip off,especially as none of it looks decently made as well

Normal price of an SP is $19.99 or £9.99. This pack costs $29.99 or £24.99. This game has a higher price than Master Suite but doesn't add new features. If it's $29.99 or £24.99, it should have more content than Master Suite Stuff. Also, EA didn't advertise it as an EP but still $10 or £15 more than Master Suite Stuff, I think that price would belong to a EP.

I wonder if EA is going to charge $30 for a feature Stuff Pack. I think The Sims 3 is so expensive and inflated compared to The Sims and The Sims 2. The Sims 3 used to cost $50 (Later $30), PS3/Xbox 360 $60 (Now $30) and EPs $40 compared to The Sims 2 which it was $20 for The Sims 2 Double Deluxe and $20 ($10 for Seasons EP)for EPs, SPs and collections.

I also noted that EA also started to increase the price of their Windows titles to $60 rather than $50 such as Medal of Honor, Dead Space 2, Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 which also is on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Even Windows exclusive titles such as Star Wars: The Old Republic, SimCity and Command and Conquer Generals 2 are priced at $60 but some titles such as The Sims 3, The Sims Medieval and The Secret World remained at $50. I believe that Rockstar and Activision also followed suit with Max Payne 3 and CoD: Moderen Warfare 3 being priced as $60 even for the PC version.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/11/12 07:41 PM

Current game: The Sims 3 University Life on Windows 7 Professional SP1.
MeyersParrot

For those that did not understand

Of course I know who KP is, of course I know she is mega rich, I was making fun of the KP my page listing items on a wish list.

I have nothing against KP she was offered work and took it, who wouldn't. Could you or I have used our creativity and come up with a stuff pack. Of course we could and it would not have increased a SP from £9.99 to £24.99.

Would I buy it if it were £9.99? of course
Will I buy it at £24.99? Eh? Duh! No way.

Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: