Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How many adults are buying this stuff pack?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
KarinL

I'm an adult (heck, one of my kids is an adult... LOL!!) and I'm getting it too. Although I will probably wait for it to go on sale.

1. I'm a collector (a self-confessed OCD completist)
2. I like building and this would be great for an ice-cream parlor or a candy store
3. the clothing would be cute for singers - but I really wish there were kids' clothes in this theme
4. I don't like Katy Perry's music
5.Many of the existing ones are sofas/chairs, too so I think these will work...

Like I said in another thread, I actually like quirky furniture and I think I would buy that banana sofa in RL...

Kurppa42

Mashimar0 wrote:
Kurppa42 wrote:I am buying it because my daughter wants it.

I will, however, not buy it until the price goes down. It usually takes only a few months. Sometimes less.

why buy two copies when you can share?

Sorry, I was unclear.
I own both of the computers in our house, so we do naturally share. My daughter is in early teens and loves the candy stuff and finds some of the outfits utterly embarrassing. She does like Katy Perry too, but not rabidly. Katy is not the reason she wants this SP.

stormwench

piddlesim wrote:
I am not sure why you think this clothing would be good for adults.

I can see the clothing going just fine on childish sims, divas, wealthy celebrities, actress sims, insane, and inappropriate sims.

It is like the real life fashion shows. I would never wear most of those things. But there are always some people who will. For the above sims, I can see them wearing these.

edit to add: It is like the African and Indian clothing on the sims 3 store. I don't have any Indian sims and a lot of the African oufits are over the top. They are beautiful, but I don't see them being used a lot in my game. I will eventually get them if they ever go on a huge sale.

I guess I was not really clear about what I was saying. The OP surmised that adults would buy this because the clothing was adult clothing. I don't know why he would say that, as it definitely does not seem to have an older adult in mind with its design. As an adult I certainly would not buy it for the clothing. Its only use for me, since I don't suffer from the ST glitch where alternate career outfits keep the sim from performing, would be for alternate stage costumes. I thought may be younger adults might make his premise hold some water but it seems to me that many don't feel that way. Over 100 20-23 years old'ss thought they were not really clothing they would use in game except as performance outfits at a local conference this past week. Many people have commented that they are not really appropriate for teens, but we don't know right now what age groups those outfits will even before in the SP.

But all I was trying to say was that as an adult, the style of the clothing is not what would attract me. Plus I am not seeing much in the way to improve my male sims wardrobe at all. Not even outfits for performance, let alone anything that looks a bit 'cooler' then the usual wear EA puts out for males.

TenderWolf

I'm turning 25 next month and I have every intention of buying this SP. I think it's a cute idea, kind of like an alternate reality with candy. So good you can eat! The Girl Scout uniform is cute and it hits home as well because I used to be a Girl Scout. But yeah, there are a lot of adults who plan to buy this SP. I think most of the hate comes from people who just hate Katy Perry rather than the SP itself.

turistas9

im 19 and i plan to buy this SP on the day it comes out..

i like about 90% of the items, and i am a katy perry fan, so the name makes a bit more interested ..

and i buy every EP/SP no matter what, so i would still buy it if i hated it, but i don't at all.

Spklvr12

Nothing in it that interests me, so I won't be getting it. I'm more of a player than a builder, and when I build I prefer more normal looking homes and venues. Can't say I'm a huge Katy Perry fan either, so that doesn't really persuade me. I might buy it in a year when it's only 5 bucks.

Rinoa666Angel

catloverplayer wrote:I want to clear up some myths up about the notion that no adults will buy this stuff pack because their not true. I'm an adult and I plan on buying this sp. I've seen this posted by several people.

Here is some reasons adults will buy this.

1)Collectors adults that buy every sims 3 ep and sp.

2)Builders With this stuff pack you can build candy themed wedding venues,clubs,homes,honeymoon suites,ice cream and candy stores and even amusement parks.

3)Clothing suggest this is more for adults plus the clothing can be used for singers if you have showtime.

4)Katy Perry fans I have to admit this is part of the reason I'm buying this stuff pack for my Katy Perry sim I downloaded from the exchange.

5)More Showtime Props atleast I'm hoping some of this stuff can be used on stage.

So if your an adult and are buying reply. I'm buying this for all the reasons above.

You forgot pervs,the pedos will LOVE this pack too peace

ranma6899

i preordered it usually expansions have updates ,plus i collecting it all even sigh it was expansive
MalcolmX

I'm an adult (well, at least I guess that's what my age defines me as) and I'll be getting this stuff pack as well. Not right away, unfortunately, because much like with Showtime I don't have the money at the moment. Hopefully there will be a BOGO sale and I can get them both in one go.

I'm not a collector, or I don't call myself as much. I have all the Sims 3 games up until now not because I feel I have to have them, but because I want them. This is another one I want because I likely the quirky and not normal. I relate the stuff in this pack to the Alice in Wonderland stuff in the store and from the Dr. Pepper codes. No, I don't usually use them unless they pertain to the personality of the specific sim I'm playing, but I enjoy the themes. There are certain pieces though that will be fun to use without making a whole house out of the decorations though. Like the cupcake chair would go wonderfully with the teacup chair in the store.

Again though, price sucks, but so does the price of anything when I want it and don't have the money to spare

As for the endorsement--I like Katy Perry, her quirky style, and her music. So what if it's edited to make her sound better than her natural voice, so was Britney Spears and the Spice Girls and Ashlee Simpson and Fefe Dobson and Hanson and the Backstreet Boys and N'Sync and Aqua, but I loved them just as much growing up as well--and still do to this day. However, her image on the front of this box is not what makes me want this stuff pack. The stuff makes me want this stuff pack.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/09/12 02:30 PM

Aeroprincess87

I'm over 18 and this in no way appeals to me. I mean, I like some songs by Katy Perry, but I don't like her enough to buy a SP that has her face plastered on the front cover. Also, ice cream and candy inspired objects do nothing for me. I'm trying to build a magical/dark fairytale type world, not the Chocolate Factory on steroids.

catloverplayer

Rinoa666Angel wrote:
catloverplayer wrote:I want to clear up some myths up about the notion that no adults will buy this stuff pack because their not true. I'm an adult and I plan on buying this sp. I've seen this posted by several people.

2)Builders With this stuff pack you can build candy themed wedding venues,clubs,homes,honeymoon suites,ice cream and candy stores and even amusement parks.

3)Clothing suggest this is more for adults plus the clothing can be used for singers if you have showtime.

4)Katy Perry fans I have to admit this is part of the reason I'm buying this stuff pack for my Katy Perry sim I downloaded from the exchange.

5)More Showtime Props atleast I'm hoping some of this stuff can be used on stage.

So if your an adult and are buying reply. I'm buying this for all the reasons above.

Well I don't know about that as I'm neither a perve or pedo. I'm mainly in it for the candyland theme. No need to insult me because you don't agree.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
anoela1336

Aeroprincess87 wrote:I'm trying to build a magical/dark fairytale type world, not the Chocolate Factory on steroids.

Happiness through Creativity is Beauty.

Skyscraperfan

I'm not buying it, but I have never even bought any stuff pack unless I got it for free with one of the EPs.

check out my blog with some sims stuff http://skyblog79.wordpress.com/
Allspice1232

Aeroprincess87 wrote:I'm over 18 and this in no way appeals to me. I mean, I like some songs by Katy Perry, but I don't like her enough to buy a SP that has her face plastered on the front cover. Also, ice cream and candy inspired objects do nothing for me. I'm trying to build a magical/dark fairytale type world, not the Chocolate Factory on steroids.

Ooo! Me gusta. I couldn't build a world, I wouldn't know how, but I've been meaning to make a dark, Gothic type house. The Gothic sets from the Store are perfect for it. <3

catloverplayer wrote:
Rinoa666Angel wrote:You forgot pervs,the pedos will LOVE this pack too peace

Well I don't know about that as I'm neither a perve or pedo. I'm mainly in it for the candyland theme. No need to insult me because you don't agree.

Don't worry about people who are just trying to get a rise out of you Cat. What she (she? correct me if I'm wrong) said doesn't make much sense anyway, at least not to me. The clothes are for adults.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/10/12 04:08 AM

anoela1336

catloverplayer wrote:
Rinoa666Angel wrote:

she wasn't insulting you in any way, she just said perv's and pedo's would like this pack as well LOL she never said "you are a perv or pedo" she was merely adding to the list of who would like this stuff pack

Happiness through Creativity is Beauty.

Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: