Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Bandcampsquirrel's house building contest- Winners Announced!!  XML
Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
markydee

bandcampsquirrel wrote:
markydee wrote:OHHHH split-entry. Not split-level entry. I think those two mean very different things.
By split-entry, do you mean like this? Click here

Because split-level is far different from that. And yes, it would be quite a challenge to build it but not impossible. I tried it once and almost gave up on the darn thing. Just had to watch a lot of tutorials.

This is it exactly!!

YAY!! I think I caused some confusion when I said split-level a couple of posts ago.
Anyhoo, I'm off to build!

stikystuff

Sounds cute I would like to try to keep it under 50,000 if possible, but definitely no more 60,000

98,465 opps sorry lol added some pictures. I'm presuming thats the furnished price...I hope.

Zulie234

bandcampsquirrel wrote:
Zulie234 wrote:
whatsociallife wrote:Split level stairs can be a bit tricky. One of those things where in one build they are easy and the next a complete nightmare. The only routing problems I've had are the sims just point blank refusing to use the stairs.
You can't make split level stairs in a basement as far as I know. Maybe if you made a walk-in basement rather than using the basement tool...

You can make a sunken living room out of a "hole" in foundation with stairs leading down. It's really cool.

Sounds cute I would like to try to keep it under 50,000 if possible, but definitely no more 60,000

Awesome, I already have my graph paper out

Zulie234

stikystuff wrote:

98,465 opps sorry lol added some pictures. I'm presuming thats the furnished price...I hope.

Haha lol! I loved your build, btw, absolutey loved it! If you would like any help with understanding converting currency into simoleons from, let's say, American dollars, I can help. It helps to know that before building for contests with cost boundaries Learned it the hard way

stikystuff

I have expensive taste. lol One day I will actually stick to a house building budget. sigh.

Zulie234

stikystuff wrote: I have expensive taste. lol One day I will actually stick to a house building budget. sigh.

I remember when I did that too, lol. we all sort of derease our standards on furniture at some point

bandcampsquirrel

stikystuff wrote: I have expensive taste. lol One day I will actually stick to a house building budget. sigh.

Well actually I didn't mention any cost on the first page, so its all good..At first I wanted it to be a starter house, but I dont know if you can be done with all that I want, so I will just have to hold another contest...lol So anywho, don't worry about the cost, just try to keep it under 100,00 Sound good to everyone?

Zulie234

bandcampsquirrel wrote:

Well actually I didn't mention any cost on the first page, so its all good..At first I wanted it to be a starter house, but I dont know if you can be done with all that I want, so I will just have to hold another contest...lol So anywho, don't worry about the cost, just try to keep it under 100,00 Sound good to everyone?

Joolster

I've decided to challenge myself and attempt the split-level but it seems impossible to me because of how the ground levels work, since you can't "break them up", they have to meet somewhere hence you get diagonal leveling.

Technically it can be done for screenshots but for gameplay I doubt it.
I tested it with a sim and when I tell them to go onto the half level they just move forward on the ground to that spot and are standing through the floor. When I told him to go onto the 2nd floor he was giving me the no path error.

You can also notice the fugly shadow distribution in pic 1 (no roof in pic 1). You can technically make it look nice (pic 2, has roof) but I had to fiddle with the lower level's wallpaper brightness to get it the same shade as level 2.

So now since that isn't working, what exactly did you want as a split-entry? Did you just mean a set of stairs 1 leading to the basement and another to the 2nd floor? I'm confuseddled.

Rawr2019

I can judge if you need it hun :] Can't do sunken rooms and my gaming laptop is broken at the moment. Using my step dads' now.
walkingstick

A split level entry is possible if you do a walkout basement. Is this the type of thing you mean? For example here. You walk in the front door and you can go up or down.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5212390

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/12 10:44 PM

Joolster

After some fiddling I think I actually managed to build a successful split-level. I even made 3! There's still the annoying issue with lighting and shadowing though, it's almost impossible to get the same light on all levels in same spots, you can see where the walls meet in this pic because lower level is slightly lighter.

Lolllimoewmo

I'm working on my entry now. I think I'll be able to pull off the split-level thing, but we'll see
bandcampsquirrel

Rawr2019 wrote:I can judge if you need it hun :] Can't do sunken rooms and my gaming laptop is broken at the moment. Using my step dads' now.

Sounds great!! Thanks

bandcampsquirrel

walkingstick wrote:A split level entry is possible if you do a walkout basement. Is this the type of thing you mean? For example here. You walk in the front door and you can go up or down.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5212390

Yes, that is what I mean, are you entering this? It looks great!!

Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Go to: