Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
This is really getting old EA  XML
Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
stormwench

Mistletoe143 wrote:

@stormwench

In patch 1.32, there was some spoilers accidentally included which highly suggest a magic expansion being next. You can find more info here: http://simsvip.com/?page_id=8081 I'm not fond of occult themes, so I don't know what to think of this. It's one think to do a fantasy/candy theme and quite another for the occult for me. But, I'll reserve judgment until I know more.

Happy Simming!

Yeah, I heard about the hooks, and seen them myself but that has always happened, especially with EPs for upcoming releases. I don't doubt that Magic is coming but don't be disappointed if its not next. People were positive that Pets would follow LN because of the hooks they saw in LN but GEN came first. There were also hooks reported in Pets and in Generations that were reported as hooks for weather and seasons related EP and many assumed it would be the EP instead of Showtime, and there were nothing that told anyone Showtime was coming. there are also some hooks in place that don't quite give away what they are for but they are definitely for some upcoming EP, while the ones for what appears to be weather and seasonal changes are still there..

Like I said I don't doubt Magic is coming or that Seasons is either, I am just saying that it does not always mean the next EP will be the ones using the prepped space for them Remember they plan these things way back before the base game so they know when they put a certain thing in it has to often contain holders for upcoming EP's that will have to change something in a previous EP.

So, we could be having Magic next, or it could be the one after next. The only things that these hooks let us know is that it is coming - just not in what order. So, at least we know magic is coming at some point which is good, as long as its not Katy Perry's Magic.

There are so many ways to try and guess whats next, and that's just one. Remember LN had a billboard that had a dog on it which made people certain (on top of the hooks) that Pets was next Its like using a crystal ball, 9 out of 10 times you will be right eventually because something will happen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/17/12 05:33 AM

katana_x

I only like a total of two items in the whole pack, that I've seen so far. The chat didn't do anything for me except confirm that many of the so-called "versatile" items really aren't (the cookie beret, for instance, still clearly has chocolate chip lumps when it's recolored). Almost all of it is too gimmicky for me. I could overlook the celebrity endorsement; EA is a giant corporation, after all, so it's not unexpected. I just don't like the content. I wouldn't return it if it was given to me (I'm a little OCD about my collection), but I won't be spending my money on it. If I ever end up owning it, I could probably use the striped gown once or twice, and the candy jars are cute. But definitely not $30 cute.
NotSoLucky

I like it

Forever & Always <3 My Dragons
Daboogadie2

You know I'm buying it.
ExpandSims2

EA PLEASE listen!!! I have every EP and SP since Sims1 and I plan on buying this one too. I want a complete set. I'm not crazy about it. Think it's too silly and cutesy theme for Sims game. Great for a kids game. But I also heard that it's not too late to change or add items. EA this has potential to be a good theme park, amusement part venue for the sims children. Please add some of those type items, not just playground stuff. And it would be nice if everything in the whole sims3 game would be recolored-able since that it one of the greatest appeals of the game. In sims2 we had to rely on outside custom content to get recolors...and that was risky. And it sometimes took revenue that EA could have been making. You changed that with the recolor addition in Sims3. It's a disappointment to not be able to fully recolor the games contents now. And a theme/amusement park would be great. We have parks but not that type.
Allspice1232

ExpandSims2 wrote:EA PLEASE listen!!! I have every EP and SP since Sims1 and I plan on buying this one too. I want a complete set. I'm not crazy about it. Think it's too silly and cutesy theme for Sims game. Great for a kids game. But I also heard that it's not too late to change or add items. EA this has potential to be a good theme park, amusement part venue for the sims children. Please add some of those type items, not just playground stuff. And it would be nice if everything in the whole sims3 game would be recolored-able since that it one of the greatest appeals of the game. In sims2 we had to rely on outside custom content to get recolors...and that was risky. And it sometimes took revenue that EA could have been making. You changed that with the recolor addition in Sims3. It's a disappointment to not be able to fully recolor the games contents now. And a theme/amusement park would be great. We have parks but not that type.

The game has gone gold, which means it is done. They can't change it at this point. Whoever told you it wasn't too late was wrong.
Only1whtrbbt

ExpandSims2 wrote:EA PLEASE listen!!!... But I also heard that it's not too late to change or add items. EA this has potential to be a good theme park, amusement part venue for the sims children. Please add some of those type items, ... etc

Yeeeeaahh.... good luck with that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/19/12 11:16 PM

DruscillaPenney

This is strictly for the Little Bo Peep set.
stormwench

Allspice1232 wrote:
ExpandSims2 wrote:EA PLEASE listen!!! I have every EP and SP since Sims1 and I plan on buying this one too. I want a complete set. I'm not crazy about it. Think it's too silly and cutesy theme for Sims game. Great for a kids game. But I also heard that it's not too late to change or add items. EA this has potential to be a good theme park, amusement part venue for the sims children. Please add some of those type items, not just playground stuff. And it would be nice if everything in the whole sims3 game would be recolored-able since that it one of the greatest appeals of the game. In sims2 we had to rely on outside custom content to get recolors...and that was risky. And it sometimes took revenue that EA could have been making. You changed that with the recolor addition in Sims3. It's a disappointment to not be able to fully recolor the games contents now. And a theme/amusement park would be great. We have parks but not that type.

The game has gone gold, which means it is done. They can't change it at this point. Whoever told you it wasn't too late was wrong.

That is sad to hear because at the Live Chat they could not show much because it was not finished yet, which means they were still creating content. If it has RTM'ed then it is too late and it also means that pretty much what is posted for images on the ad page is pretty much all we are getting and that is disappointing when it comes to 'dozens and dozens' of more content. This is especially true if you count things like recolored bikes in the same shape and the same style dresses and other things with just recolors or re-patterned as a 'different item' to add to the count. I don't know that this lives up to more then a 'dozen' additional items, not 'dozens and dozens'.

I would say that they should have said a dozen more items or at most a couple of dozen more tens not make it sound like multiple dozens (ie more the 12-24). At count right now this SP has about 15 more items then Town Life had which does add up to a dozen. We know 3 of those are lots and the some same items just recolored. We also know that they have not posted the '***' tile wallpaper which could add a few more to the count but I don't see dozens and dozens.

Allspice1232

stormwench wrote:
Allspice1232 wrote:

That is sad to hear because at the Live Chat they could not show much because it was not finished yet, which means they were still creating content.
If it has RTM'ed then it is too late and it also means that pretty much what is posted for images on the ad page is pretty much all we are getting and that is disappointing when it comes to 'dozens and dozens' of more content. This is especially true if you count things like recolored bikes in the same shape and the same style dresses and other things with just recolors or re-patterned as a 'different item' to add to the count. I don't know that this lives up to more then a 'dozen' additional items, not 'dozens and dozens'.

I would say that they should have said a dozen more items or at most a couple of dozen more tens not make it sound like multiple dozens (ie more the 12-24). At count right now this SP has about 15 more items then Town Life had which does add up to a dozen. We know 3 of those are lots and the some same items just recolored. We also know that they have not posted the '***' tile wallpaper which could add a few more to the count but I don't see dozens and dozens.

Did they specifically say that, or did they just say they couldn't show it? I need to go watch the live chat again, I don't remember what they said.

Anyways, I never believed it wasn't nearly done, I just thought they didn't want to show everything this early.

As far as how much is actually in it? I'm not going to speculate. We'll know for sure in a little over a month.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/20/12 02:24 AM

GaMomo

I won't be buying this SP. Yet. It's cute and all but once again nothing for elders, teens and under. The price is outrageous (someone has to foot the bill for KP's endorsement) and the random acid trip just really put me off. I'm going to let my friend buy it and see how it is on her game before I waste any of my money for remeshed crap.

Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: