Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Looks like we are getting another branded stuff pack  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
stormwench

peoinee wrote:Ya there is a HUGE difference between a company that actually makes clothing and furniture for a living and some "hot right now" singers personal style

Personal style? I don't even think KPST is her personal style. I saw an interview on one cable magazine show where she was showing off her latest home discussing the styles of furniture and decor she (or her designer) used and talking about how much she loved it and it was her favorite place to be. Had they put 5 pieces of her real personal style in the SP, after seeing her home, it might have gotten me to buy it.

Obviously, she is not lugging home the props her set designers created for her video/tour and furnishing her home so I suspect that the inspiration we are seeing in KPST is really that of those set designers and not KP herself. There was not one fluffy pink or over large food in her home decor.

peoinee

Darkslayer wrote:

@jeanamariex3: I don't know if you have this over there, but there is a store here in England called TK Maxx and they regularly stock Diesel jeans at affordable prices. I don't know what the word is for it really but they sell a lot of designer brands for cheap. The only issue is that the sizing tends to be a bit off (rejects from the main retail line perhaps?) and you do have to rummage through a lot just to find something that might not even be in your size but if you have that store or a similar one then it might be worth checking it out if you really want a pair.

In the USA we have TJ Maxx i dont know if you typoed or if they really changed the letter there but this is the exact store your talking about they also are connected to Marshalls i believe

jeanamariex3

Darkslayer wrote:I don't mind branded content. I always find that when they do something like that the clothing is always so much better than it is when they just let their developers loose.

Sad but true IMO.

@jeanamariex3: I don't know if you have this over there, but there is a store here in England called TK Maxx and they regularly stock Diesel jeans at affordable prices. I don't know what the word is for it really but they sell a lot of designer brands for cheap. The only issue is that the sizing tends to be a bit off (rejects from the main retail line perhaps?) and you do have to rummage through a lot just to find something that might not even be in your size but if you have that store or a similar one then it might be worth checking it out if you really want a pair.

Oh yeah! We have something called TJ Maxx. LOL I'm in the US. We also have something simular called Burlington Coat Factory.

pinkstar2000

dlt

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/12 12:24 PM

¿Hay un problema?
Simsprocfun

I would like this SP... Thank you for the info.
miklc

I would absolutely love to see Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister branded clothing in The Sims 3

My BIG Thank You Thread

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/499626.
page
stormwench

miklc wrote:I would absolutely love to see Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister branded clothing in The Sims 3

That would actually be 2 great brands of clothing for EA to choose.

I am hoping, though, that they decided on Diesel because they could be more store wide and not have to be just all clothing as they have some very nice and unique furniture they sell which may give it wider appeal then just a clothing only SP would. Plus some of the furniture line is industrialized home appliances and distressed appearing furniture and that might appeal to people looking for a 'grittier' style (if that's the right term).

If its only clothing that is okay too, I certainly would not worry about NPC's showing up in town dressed in Diesel branded clothing - no cupcake bras in sight!

Allspice1232

Sorry for the necromancy, but the Diesel pack has been confirmed on their Facebook.

Urgent message for Sims fans: “Yibs, Doozle si teebie yalp wibba Smims Ree tabinga voona troonie wumberbow Stunf Pelk*”.
In other words, "Yes, Diesel is teaming up with The Sims 3 to bring you a truly wonderful 7th Stuff Pack".

www.diesel.com/sims

* NB this post is in Simlish.

http://www.facebook.com/Diesel

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/10/12 09:30 AM

jacqpinks

I am loving the look of all the pics

https://www.facebook.com/JacqpinkSims due in July

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/12 01:20 PM

heidi11576

ick so far I hate it..if they are going to do branded clothing wish they would do more high class designers..something special rather then more plain boring stuff
flargin12

Whatever happened to the poll that had the storytelling stuff pack and the decades stuff pack? Did they decide to ditch those ideas?
stormwench

I am so glad to see this and so glad it will contain Diesel furniture as well as clothing.

Did anyone see a release date?

At least we are not paying extra for the Diesel name, back to a normal price for an SP: 19.99

flargin12 wrote:Whatever happened to the poll that had the storytelling stuff pack and the decades stuff pack? Did they decide to ditch those ideas?

I am sure they have not forgotten the poll, but polls never mean they will be doing it next after the polls ends (and I think teen stuff won that poll anyway). Look how long it took the ice cream maker that won a poll a year ago to show up. ANd just because something was listed in a poll doesn't mean its one they are doing eventually - its just an idea they had and wanted to see which of the ideas people liked the best.

heidi11576 wrote:ick so far I hate it..if they are going to do branded clothing wish they would do more high class designers..something special rather then more plain boring stuff

I think maybe this was the answer to the complaints that too many of the clothing and furniture over the past few stuff packs as been too high end and only a good fit for the mansions in the game - I don't agree necessarily but many feel that way. Diesel has more of an ordinary life feel with an edge on the latest design trends and so I can see it being the answer to both sides.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/10/12 03:47 PM

Combaticon

10th of July, which translates as 13th of July for UK.

Not exactly back to standard price of £10, but at least it's £10 cheaper than Sweet Treats (although that's only Play's price).

On another subject, this does kinda disrupt the usual pattern of EP, SP, EP etc. (unless one doesn't count KPST).

julienrob2004

most of the stuff they have shown looks reasonable .

BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Also ADD some of the childrens range of clothes to this pack that Diesel do .

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
catloverplayer

Ok so the've officially announced Diesal for July were is the Diesal forum? They need to put it up.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.

Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: