Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Nexon to Buy Out - Electronic Arts  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Valandis

Ahhh the horror!
If you could move The Sims over to another company, who would you want it to be? Would there be a company out there that would actually listen to us and read the feedback, making the sims after what we want?

murfeel

Sk8rblaze wrote:
Jarsie9 wrote: I'll believe it when EA confirms it. Otherwise, I'll just keep on trucking.

All I know is Nexon did bid for EA but it is very unlikely to actually happen as they simply don't have enough money to do so. It's predicted by many analysts that it will not happen and it's very unlikely. I believe it's unlikely to happen too. But if it does, I know what we could expect from the "new EA" being I have tried most of Nexon's games at a point.

I doubt the rumor, too. EA's too frikkin cocky to let another company take over them . If it DID happen, however, I wouldn't particularly care. The only other EA games I own are Harry Potter and Tomb Raider, and neither of them are PC games, so I'm good. I have no intention of buying TS4 no matter who makes it--TS3 is it for me, after it ends I'm going back to Play Station.

Valandis wrote:Ahhh the horror!
If you could move The Sims over to another company, who would you want it to be? Would there be a company out there that would actually listen to us and read the feedback, making the sims after what we want?

The only company I think I'd trust at this point is Sony, because the Japanese make some really high quality stuff. I always hated EA, but the Sims is like that one child in the family that you look at and just swear MUST be adopted or something.

Cinebar

I have a question. I didn't read the link. But why is EA even accepting bids? They have been swallowing up many other game companies for the past several years, so why are they even considering selling off their business?

If they are in the process where they would accept a bid or merge or take over, then that is more disturbing than which company that might can afford to buy them out.

ETA: Aw! I went back to read the article. Well looks like stocks rose when the rumor floated and EA stock was up for that day.
Don't ever want to play a FTP game. Then have to buy everything in virtual reality to continue (MMOs) like that. A real money pit, worse than buying EPs and SPs. but we have all being conditioned for a long time now with the Store.

Someone ask what company would someone want to buy out EA if it sells of it's stock? The Adventure Company. Good enough for me.
I have played many of their games along with Frogwares, and good customer support, and fast patches..as far as my experience.Or a division of Dream Works..think of the creativity of Dream Works..that would be great as far as I am concerned.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/27/12 01:13 PM

Valandis

murfeel wrote:
The only company I think I'd trust at this point is Sony, because the Japanese make some really high quality stuff. I always hated EA, but the Sims is like that one child in the family that you look at and just swear MUST be adopted or something.

Hahaha, good answer.

Cinebar: I haven't actually heard of Frogwares. But I bet any of those mentioned there would do a better job with The Sims 4 than EA (based on that stupid interview of the future of sims)

Allspice1232

murfeel wrote:
Valandis wrote:Ahhh the horror!

Sony is worse than EA. Way worse. Sub par security, announcing features and taking them away later, badmouthing their competitors without even thinking about the fact that they were insulting their own fans as well, over priced hardware, overpriced DLC, using proprietary hardware and software for their consoles/handhelds (which makes it harder for developers to support it and more expensive for customers)...they just aren't a good company. If you think EA doesn't care, Sony really doesn't care.

As for the question of who I'd give it to if I had the power to...I don't think I'd take it away from EA. I think they are doing fine with it. Not to mention the sims is so unique, it's difficult to really tell how another studio would do with it. There isn't another game like it.
But if I had to choose, I'd give it to one of two studios, CD Projekt Red or Stardock.

CD Projekt Red originally was a distribution company founded in Poland. They became the biggest and best there, and decided to start branching out into the international market around 2002. They are new to actually making games but they made a huge splash with their first: The Witcher, a massive cRPG that is fantastically well done. Their next game was a sequel and is apparently also really good (I have it, but I haven't gotten through The Witcher yet so I haven't played it XD). They are one of my favorite game companies, not only because The Witcher is really fun, but also because they founded GoG.com, a digital distribution site that is incredibly awesome in so many ways. No DRM, updating old games to play on XP, Vista and 7, extra content like artwork, soundtracks, avatars, wallpapers, behind the scene videos etc...and did I mention most of the games are between $5.99 and $9.99? Yeah, they're awesome. <3 Speaking of which, they are having a sale on EA games this weekend.

Stardock is best known to gamers for their 4x strategy games, particularly the excellent Galactic Civilizations II and Sins of a Solar Empire (both of which I love). They made a big misstep on the release of their last game, Elemental (it was not only broken, but just not very good). And here is where their integrity and loyalty to their fanbase kicks in: their CEO, a regular on their forum btw, publicly apologized, personally taking the blame for how bad the game was and promised to make it right. That was two years ago and he made good on that promise. He took a step back from the game and hired a couple different people to take control of the project. They fixed the bugs and tweaked it to make it more fun based on feedback. They even went the extra mile by giving those of us that bought it within a certain time frame of the release the next two expansions free. Fallen Enchantress is up for preorder and it's sitting in my account waiting to be released right now.
EternitysShadow

All the article says is that they were contacted. Don't believe everything that's rumoured

new signature under construction
wzw1177

Actually I don't want any other big company to make the Sims franchise.
Activision & Blizzard: they don't like using new tech and the long time wait...
R star: they don't pay much attention to PC game...
THQ: I like Volition but the style of their games don't fit for The Sims in my opinion.
Ubi: they're paying too much attention to blocking pirates, not to game designing....
No offense to those companies.

The Sims 3 University, March 5, 2013?
HappySimmer3

Pepperbutt wrote:"Have you ever heard of a gaming company called Nexo---"

"Yep, and they want to buy EA, but that's bogus because EA is worth more, and makes more, in every single way."

I'll take my fiance's word on that.

I don't game (and I wouldn't say I'm a gamer for playing Sims), but tbh the game is going to hell- it's turning into crap, and my fiance read an article that according to EA, everything should be cloud gaming. Well, guess who isn't buying TS4 if it is! All I have to say at this point is you're screwing people with bad internet over. My internet goes out every five freaking minutes. I'd rather shoot my own foot than try and play an online game.

Yeah, see, I think this kind of game is coming to a sims game near you whether this company buys EA or not. So really, who cares? I very much suspect that TS3 is it for me, too, and I'm not even sure I'll keep buying the rest of the series considering the way things are heading.

Pepperbutt

HappySimmer3 wrote:
Pepperbutt wrote:"Have you ever heard of a gaming company called Nexo---"

"Yep, and they want to buy EA, but that's bogus because EA is worth more, and makes more, in every single way."

I'll take my fiance's word on that.

I don't game (and I wouldn't say I'm a gamer for playing Sims), but tbh the game is going to hell- it's turning into crap, and my fiance read an article that according to EA, everything should be cloud gaming. Well, guess who isn't buying TS4 if it is! All I have to say at this point is you're screwing people with bad internet over. My internet goes out every five freaking minutes. I'd rather shoot my own foot than try and play an online game.

Yeah, see, I think this kind of game is coming to a sims game near you whether this company buys EA or not. So really, who cares? I very much suspect that TS3 is it for me, too, and I'm not even sure I'll keep buying the rest of the series considering the way things are heading.

Same. /: I've already told myself that if I like the EP, I'll pre-order, sure, but I won't install it or anything until I know what glitches and whatnot it brings. I simport occasionally / rarely, and tbh, it's only because a friend needs a stamp. I hate it, and I hate social games. I'd go on Facebook or Twitter if I wanted to be social. Sims is my break from people, and I want it like that. /: You know? If this game adds much more than Simport.. I think I'll just end it here. That alone is really pushing it.

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
Jaline33

Pepperbutt, I agree. I enjoyed Simport the first few times but I would just rather play my own game. I'm okay with having wall posts pop up now that we have filters. It can still get very distracting at times, though. I don't see why I should have to focus so hard on a game that I play to relax.
Pepperbutt

The wall thing doesn't bother me too much. I keep people I actually want to talk to on my list, and it's not that long (I actually know and interact with everyone on it), so it's fine. The pages are a lot more tolerable with the filters, that's for sure. But I mean.. Simporting was fun, sure. But then it got to be a chore. And the fact they're withholding items (I use a mod anyway) that we paid for.. It worries me- I don't want the game to be totally ruined, and I don't want it filled with microtransactions.

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
Anavastia

I smell a merger coming, what this usually means is EA is probably looking into information on their Micro Transactions and free 2 play games and incorporating their ideals for those games into this one. Which to me mostly likely EA is looking to assimilate nexon or work with them. Their stocks aren't low enough for Nexon to do this but why would a silly notion pop up like this in the first place.

Well it's not like the games aren't moving into this direction anyway John the CEO already got the ball rolling for this, no turning back now.

yoshi_dragur2012

Day-um.

Now it looks like the Sims might be getting a healthy manga and anime makeover if this rumor mill proves true.

Can't wait to see what TS4 will devovle into.

Sims with eyes the size of saucers.

blonde or pink hair female sims with oversized cleavage that would make watermelons, LN female sims and Barbie pink with envy.

pretty effeminate, androgynous looking boy sims running around everywhere and finally

enough blood and gore to change the T rating to an R and make even the likes of Rockstar blush

I guess Murphy's Law wasn't satisfied with just Rod Humble and KP trashing the franchise. Now that I think of it, KP Berry Sims would look positively normal compared to whatever nightmare TS4 sims could mutate into.

edit: and all of the above would be taking place online as a glorified cartoon.

A truly innovative way to take the worst company award to the next level

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/28/12 04:40 AM

yoshi_dragur2012

Taranatar9 wrote:*shrug*

Most of their recent games are already unplayable due to bugs, lousy gameplay, a creepy ghost kid spouting incoherent nonsense or all of the above. Hard to see how it can go downhill from here.

That last bit about the ghost kid brings back that hysterical satire on Anime that Rockstar did in GTA4 with Princess Robot Bubblegum
catloverplayer

thesimdeej33 wrote:There has been rumours and speculation that Nexon will buy out Electronic Arts. Here is the link from one news source;

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57422304/could-nexon-buy
-ea-rumor-floats-stock-soars/

There are other News articles around but this one goes into a bit more. To be truthful I hope they do, this might be the life preserver EA needs to amp up there games with better support and gaming quality.

What do others think?

I hope they don't. If they do we can kiss any sims 3 eps and the sims 4 goodbye.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: