Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Not a fan  XML
Forum Index » Diesel
Author Message
rk800


Joined: 07/12/10 01:48 PM
Messages: 397
Offline

Axlorg89 wrote:I'm sorry but i find this tacky and bland and i don't think i ever see people wearing this kind of clothes. The lamps look good for a retro style if they were colorful but it would stand out and its so bland and unusual to see in a house in RL.

Ikr. Everything by Diesel is pretty hideous. They look like the clothes that are donated to Goodwill.

Profile
GBA91101Nver4get


Joined: 05/29/09 09:02 AM
Messages: 4701
Location:California
Offline

I think I might pass on this SP, it doesn't look like something I'd be interested in. I'm not much into clothing, I'd rather have more furniture. Oh well there's always the EP to look forward to.

Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best. RIP 10-5-2011
Profile
crystal91390


Joined: 06/05/09 12:14 AM
Messages: 2827
Location:The Land of Maple Syrup ♥

I LOL'd at some of the replies on this thread, OMG thank you for the laughs .

Profile
MrHawk


Joined: 06/04/09 10:31 AM
Messages: 3945
Location:Yes
Offline

Axlorg89 wrote:I'm sorry but i find this tacky and bland and i don't think i ever see people wearing this kind of clothes. The lamps look good for a retro style if they were colorful but it would stand out and its so bland and unusual to see in a house in RL.


"Retro" meaning what, exactly?

You don't see anyone wearing clothes like this? Either you live in a glamorous, affluent neighbourhood or a very uniform area.

Considering it's now used as a slang term to mean "anything before now", pretty much everything in your house is retro

This next part isn't directed at you Axlorg89.

There's a serious lack of humility on this board. Snobs looking down on the clothing and items because they're not "cool", "fashionable" or "interesting" enough.

It only goes to show people have narrow tastes and most of us know very little about design.
At least those who were critical of the KP clothes were somewhat understandable since many were criticising the outlandishness of them. What's to criticise about everyday clothing?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/13/12 12:05 PM


Profile
GaMomo


Joined: 08/12/10 04:01 AM
Messages: 293
Location:The Scarlet Devil Mansion: Basement

I find the Diesel stuff to be pretty nice. The clothes look a little boring but hey we haven't seen everything yet. As stated in another post i have heard of Diesel through my smaller friends that I hang around and i have went occasionally (getting odd stares while at it) and the clothes look pretty good.
@rk800: I have seen worse. Way worse.
@Axlorg89: My friends mom shops diesel for the house and some way some how she makes her stuff go together.

Profile
crystal91390


Joined: 06/05/09 12:14 AM
Messages: 2827
Location:The Land of Maple Syrup ♥

Some find Abercrombie and Hollister as high fashion , which is just... hilarious .

Profile
rk800


Joined: 07/12/10 01:48 PM
Messages: 397
Offline

crystal91390 wrote:Some find Abercrombie and Hollister as high fashion , which is just... hilarious .

IKR! XD I'm more of a Chanel, Versace, D&G myself but to each is own I suppose...

Profile
GaMomo


Joined: 08/12/10 04:01 AM
Messages: 293
Location:The Scarlet Devil Mansion: Basement

crystal91390 wrote:Some find Abercrombie and Hollister as high fashion , which is just... hilarious .


^This is the kids at school I used to go to and college. I find that very funny. To Me If I don't find this store in an upscale mall it is not high fashion.

Profile
Axlorg89


Joined: 05/11/11 12:19 AM
Messages: 786
Location:behind you...........................
.....................if u looked ha if not than ur smart...0.o.
Offline

i live in a normal neighborhood and go to a normal highschool and my house is a bit in the cultural side im just saying my opinions

Profile
pamy1124


Joined: 12/23/10 07:47 PM
Messages: 36
Offline

From my understanding Diesel is a higher end denim brand? Honestly I didn't know much about them before this stuff pack was released. I don't know if there are any stores in my area that carry the brand.
I think some people consider it a higher end brand because of cost. Their clothes cost A LOT for what they are (casual everyday wear). I know I can't afford them (I typically shop at american eagle and target).

Honestly as of right now I'm not too upset with this pack anymore. Hopefully we'll get a stuff pack for kids and other age groups in the future. As far as this one goes there's plenty we can do with the outfits in the CAS, it's all about imagination. There's been some outfits from other packs that I wasn't too found of but I found some good redesigns on the exchange that really changed the outfit.
Profile
gldartt


Joined: 06/04/09 02:21 AM
Messages: 12
Offline

With these recent releases, it feels like Sims 3 has veered off into a direction that no longer interests me. I really enjoyed World Adventures and wished they had subsequently added more 'countries' with more tombs to explore (Aztec/Mexico for example). Pets was my absolute favorite expansion pack and I would love to see more development in that area with more abilities/items for the pets, or even more varieties of animals, along with more outdoor activities ... say, in a Weather expansion pack. (I would also have loved to combine the two and be able to take my pets on World Adventures, especially riding a horse across the desert sands of Egypt, or through the hills of China). For stuff packs, I liked the Outdoor Living, and even the Master Suite was good (I like anything that adds to kitchen and bathrooms.) But with Show Time and now these last two stuff packs, it feels like it's becoming more about show biz than every day living.

I'm hoping that in future packs, they'll veer back into more grounded stuff. In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to play with what I have and keep my money in my pocket.
Profile
stormwench


Joined: 06/06/09 04:57 PM
Messages: 4293
Location:Pacific NW
Offline

catloverplayer wrote:
pamy1124 wrote:
catloverplayer wrote:
There will be new hairs but probebly not over 2 or 3 styles. We haven't seen hardly anything yet. More pictures and stuff will be forthcoming soon and we'll see everything in the producers chat next month.

Hopefully Jen will be revealing more about some things this pack will have in the tweeter chat tomorrow.


I sure hope this isn't all there is, but I guess this is just the pessimist in me worried because so far I'm kinda disappointed.

A few new hairs would be fine enough for me, and some kids/elder/teens clothes would definitly make me buy this pack.


All stuff packs have new hairs except possibly High End Loft which I don't remember if they came with any. Fast Lane had some pretty nice ones.

When they first revealed sweet treats we only saw 2 or 3 pictures and lots more came out later revealing a lot more stuff.


The only reason I would think we might see hairstyles if if they give us some of Diesels hats and hair accessories. I truly doubt we will see just plain hairstyles since those really don' fit into the brand - Diesel does not sell wigs or have a salon or spa so hair is probably not related to the pack except for hats and they may just stick them on existing hairs styles like they often do.

Right now the screenshots are all showing TS3 base game hair and since the pack is complete I would have thought at least one new style would have shown up in the screenshots if there were any - EA knows how much hairstyles thrill people and its a selling point.

Just because most other packs have has hair, doesn't guarantee all will, just like some packs have more furniture, but that does not guarantee all will, or more clothing for women or men or so on, SP different from what they have in them according to theme.



Profile
MrHawk


Joined: 06/04/09 10:31 AM
Messages: 3945
Location:Yes
Offline

gldartt wrote:With these recent releases, it feels like Sims 3 has veered off into a direction that no longer interests me. I really enjoyed World Adventures and wished they had subsequently added more 'countries' with more tombs to explore (Aztec/Mexico for example). Pets was my absolute favorite expansion pack and I would love to see more development in that area with more abilities/items for the pets, or even more varieties of animals, along with more outdoor activities ... say, in a Weather expansion pack. (I would also have loved to combine the two and be able to take my pets on World Adventures, especially riding a horse across the desert sands of Egypt, or through the hills of China). For stuff packs, I liked the Outdoor Living, and even the Master Suite was good (I like anything that adds to kitchen and bathrooms.) But with Show Time and now these last two stuff packs, it feels like it's becoming more about show biz than every day living.

I'm hoping that in future packs, they'll veer back into more grounded stuff. In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to play with what I have and keep my money in my pocket.


You know I fully agree with your first paragraph. As for your second, I consider this pack to be pretty "grounded", if your take on grounded is "realistic". If not I may have misunderstood your meaning.

You make a really good point about the veering into different directions. I was thinking lately that the whole TS3 releases have been really unfocused. Rather than focus on a concept and then develop it as much as possible, they release something and then quickly release something unrelated and completely different, in most cases not even complementary.

Your example of WA was spot on. They should have focused on the adventure and cultural theme for a few months before and after the release. There could have been a complementary stuff pack and store sets, but the only thing we really got was Asian Fusion. They could have released another country in the store to keep the momentum going. Instead we got HELS. Doesn't make sense.

After Late Night they could have sold the Showtime careers in a smaller pack and integrated them together. REally, they could have even sold them in the store and given us Seasons or an OFB version instead.

As for KP and Diesel together? I guess they're trying to cater to two totally different types of people at the same time and make a big load of money. If they really wanted to do that they should have released a high-end fashion pack at the same time, or announced them at the same time and released three over the space of six months. Then almost all gamers would have something positive to look forward to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/14/12 05:37 AM


Profile
Longcat123


Joined: 11/11/11 08:59 AM
Messages: 1477
Offline

Axlorg89 wrote:I'm sorry but i find this tacky and bland and i don't think i ever see people wearing this kind of clothes. The lamps look good for a retro style if they were colorful but it would stand out and its so bland and unusual to see in a house in RL.

I see people wearing clothes like this all the time where I live I don't see anything wrong with the clothes, they seem like nice, normal clothes that are probably a more realistic choice of clothing than most of the stuff we have right now. Be honest, how often do you see somebody walking around in this?
http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3
:18516&categoryId=&scategoryId=11772&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId
=&gender=female&startAt=0

Or this?
http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3
:43217&categoryId=&scategoryId=11772&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId
=&gender=female&startAt=75
Profile
pamy1124


Joined: 12/23/10 07:47 PM
Messages: 36
Offline

stormwench wrote:
catloverplayer wrote:
pamy1124 wrote:
catloverplayer wrote:
There will be new hairs but probebly not over 2 or 3 styles. We haven't seen hardly anything yet. More pictures and stuff will be forthcoming soon and we'll see everything in the producers chat next month.

Hopefully Jen will be revealing more about some things this pack will have in the tweeter chat tomorrow.


I sure hope this isn't all there is, but I guess this is just the pessimist in me worried because so far I'm kinda disappointed.

A few new hairs would be fine enough for me, and some kids/elder/teens clothes would definitly make me buy this pack.


All stuff packs have new hairs except possibly High End Loft which I don't remember if they came with any. Fast Lane had some pretty nice ones.

When they first revealed sweet treats we only saw 2 or 3 pictures and lots more came out later revealing a lot more stuff.


The only reason I would think we might see hairstyles if if they give us some of Diesels hats and hair accessories. I truly doubt we will see just plain hairstyles since those really don' fit into the brand - Diesel does not sell wigs or have a salon or spa so hair is probably not related to the pack except for hats and they may just stick them on existing hairs styles like they often do.

Right now the screenshots are all showing TS3 base game hair and since the pack is complete I would have thought at least one new style would have shown up in the screenshots if there were any - EA knows how much hairstyles thrill people and its a selling point.

Just because most other packs have has hair, doesn't guarantee all will, just like some packs have more furniture, but that does not guarantee all will, or more clothing for women or men or so on, SP different from what they have in them according to theme.



They announced that this pack isn't going to have hair via the twitter chat.
https://twitter.com/#!/TheSims3/status/200995623200243714

I was hoping maybe they would have a hat or hair accessory or whatever but honestly I didn't expect them to have any new hairs though either because the promo shots are using only base game hair styles. It sucks because I think they could've added one or two, but whatever.
Profile
 
Forum Index » Diesel
Go to: