Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Why?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Author Message
catloverplayer


Joined: 12/10/09 09:30 PM
Messages: 50597
Location:USA
Online

picklesim08 wrote:This pack is CANDY. CANDY CANDY CANDY. I don't understand why you are saying to "wait until the chat" when we know that it is all about CANDY. WHY is CANDY so appealing to people!? The price being higher is one thing, but if they are going to make it all about something that you EAT, not place into your house as furniture, I don't understand how people can like that. You all must be plain dumb.


You don't understand then you must not read these forums. Lots of builders can use this stuff.

Let me educate you.

Candy themed wedding lots,nightclubs,honeymoon suites,can be used for the daycare profession in generations,a santa factory,a candy themed consignment shop,an ice cream parlor I can go on and on but if you were actually reading these forums you would understand how people would like this. Building doesn't sound dumb to me.

Sorry but you need to think before you call me and other people dumb for liking this pack. Your going to have to come up with something better then that.

Your dealing with a very smart guy right here. I didn't get to were I am in life by being dumb. I'm not going to stoop to your level and name call you because I don't want to get banned on this site.

A lot of us dumb people your talking about are very succesful and not dumb at all. That shows me how very wrong you are.


This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/19/12 05:41 AM


The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Profile
thesimdeej33


Joined: 06/04/09 03:22 AM
Messages: 1001
Location:Brisbane, Australia
Offline

A lot of us people here are well educated, like some of us with Degrees and High IQ's, Im in the field of Computer IT training and comments about people are dumb are derogatory, and yes I want this pack too mainly for the fact that I like light-hearted katy perry related material. Should that make me dumb. No it shouldnt.


Profile
Darkslayer


Joined: 06/04/09 10:56 PM
Messages: 7473
Location:Aww...~ Kitty got wet
Offline

picklesim08 wrote:This pack is CANDY. CANDY CANDY CANDY. I don't understand why you are saying to "wait until the chat" when we know that it is all about CANDY. WHY is CANDY so appealing to people!? The price being higher is one thing, but if they are going to make it all about something that you EAT, not place into your house as furniture, I don't understand how people can like that. You all must be plain dumb.


You're out of line with this post and quite frankly I think you owe an apology to each and every person on this thread who likes the pack for calling them dumb. I hate this pack too but that doesn't mean that I think the people who do like it are idiots - I would never think like that and neither should you because everybody has different tastes.

Seriously, you should apologise.

catloverplayer wrote:I think everyone needs to give the upcoming chat a chance before you dismiss this sp. You might change your minds since this chat is suppose to show everything.


You're a nice person but I think you should stop trying to beat the dead horse. As I said before this pack is very niche, it's like the Marmite of the TS3 world - you either absolutely love it, or you loathe it with a passion and want to kill it with fire and with that being the case you just aren't going to convince some people (including me) that this pack is worth my time.

Unless the chat is going to reveal that this pack was one big joke and that they're coming out with a gritty, industrial-style special pack instead absolutely nothing is going to change my mind on this. The items are unusable to me and on top of that EA had teh cheek to expect £15 more for this pack than normal so no, even if I did happen to like this pack they still wouldn't get my money on the principal that I think the pack is a complete, 100% rip off and no amount of public pandering is going to change my mind.

Besides the last chat was crap because they filtered out most of the legitimate questions, I've got a feeling this is going to be crap too. I'll just keep watching the kitties on Kitten Cam.



Edit: The only reason I'm still here is because while I don't want the pack, I'm interested to see if EA ever make this thing worth the extortionate price they're asking for because I have concerns that this pack is going to set a president for future packs to come and the last thing I want is to see £25 'not!Stuff Packs' become the norm.

Considering EA are so intent on referring to lots you can already make in game as 'venus' and counting in recolours and patterns as individual items I think they're trying to seriously cover up the fact that this pack probably only has about 5-10 more ACTUAL items than the average stuff pack yet is over twice the price (£10 vs £25. Expansions costing £30).

Like how they're not even calling it a stuff pack any more. Does it come with new interactions? No? Well then, it's a STUFF PACK no matter what EA want to pretend it is.


Sorry, I'm ranting again ^_^;

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 05/19/12 02:29 PM


Profile
picklesim08


Joined: 05/16/09 10:33 PM
Messages: 148
Offline

I'm sorry guys, I didn't mean to call you dumb. I went back and looked at my post and realized how stupid I was to post that.

I'm still not going to try to understand how you will use this stuff because I don't care. I don't understand how candy themed wedding lots, day cares, consignment shops, etc. can be appealing to people.

I feel like some things in this pack could be usable, but not very many, so I don't understand how people can be in love with this promo pack, unless you are a 13 year old girl. *Note: The last sentence was not meant to insult you*

EDIT: I'm not dumb either so people that think I am are wrong as well

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/19/12 05:18 PM


Can't wait for September 2nd.
Profile
brittanyleah


Joined: 06/27/09 01:59 AM
Messages: 1887
Offline

picklesim08 wrote:I'm sorry guys, I didn't mean to call you dumb. I went back and looked at my post and realized how stupid I was to post that.

I'm still not going to try to understand how you will use this stuff because I don't care. I don't understand how candy themed wedding lots, day cares, consignment shops, etc. can be appealing to people.

I feel like some things in this pack could be usable, but not very many, so I don't understand how people can be in love with this promo pack, unless you are a 13 year old girl. *Note: The last sentence was not meant to insult you*

EDIT: I'm not dumb either so people that think I am are wrong as well


Well I'm not a 13 year old. So you're very wrong with that statement.
Most the people buying this pack is not even close to that age. I can see why this pack appeals more to girls than guys, but age has nothing to do with it.

Well the only reason anyone would think you're dumb is for thinking It's ok to insult people for liking something you don't.

If you don't like it then don't buy it. Simple as that! No need to complain and whine about and even insult people.
That's just really immature in my opinion. But whatever.
Profile
SelahGio


Joined: 02/17/11 07:05 PM
Messages: 724
Location:Under a rainbow, in strawberry fields as always!
Offline

piddlesim wrote:You may not like it or think it is stupid. But there are many of us who adore the candyland theme. Infact many stores in my area said it was the fastest stuff pack to sell out with preorders. So a lot of simmers like the theme.

I can't wait to build daycares, candy and ice cream shops, arcades, kids' hangouts, playgrounds, wedding venues, themed adult clubs, and so much more. There is so much that I can do with this theme.

Yes it may not be for everyone. But then, not all stuff packs are. I hated fast lane. I don't care much for the Diesel one. But this one, I love it.

We all have different tastes. This appeals to me.


I agree with piddlesim, though I may not be getting the pack myself many sims may be liking this. Though I may try to get it, I don't know yet. I mean if you don't like it then don't get it simple as that. Besides everyone has their own opinions.

Profile
marcel21


Joined: 01/11/10 11:24 AM
Messages: 6182
Offline

Because some of us love the theme and there will be a stuff pack in July that you and others may like



Profile
picklesim08


Joined: 05/16/09 10:33 PM
Messages: 148
Offline

marcel21 wrote:Because some of us love the theme and there will be a stuff pack in July that you and others may like



And I do intend to buy Diesel Stuff

Can't wait for September 2nd.
Profile
epicpaige


Joined: 07/29/09 01:22 PM
Messages: 93
Offline

I too am confused by this pack, and frankly a little peeved that this is being put out instead of something that appeals to the masses. Yes, EA has put out branded packs before (IKEA, H&M), but those had much more of a wider target audience than this pack. I mean, I'm a 19 year-old-girl (and probably what EA considers part of the target audience), and even I don't really like the idea of candy covered objects.

Again, as stated before, this is annoying to have everyone bashing us for a pack that we don't like. I think the pack is stupid, but I don't think the people who want it are. That being said, I think EA should have probably just released this as a collection in the Sims Store (as much as I depsise the idea of that even existing) because it has a small target audience.

Even if it's been pre-ordered out the wazoo, that just means that the target audience is ready to devour this sickeningly sweet pack up, but it does not say anything, in my opinion, about its popularity in the grand scheme of Sims fans. Perhaps people who are ordering this pack are already the type to pre-order their games, and Katy Perry gushing about the pack and wanting to dye her hair all the time in the preview video makes them want to pre-order it even more. I don't know.

I have never been one to pre-order, and I have every game from Sims 1 & 2. However, 3 has me waiting for reviews before I purchase ANYTHING now. I think many of the older players are this way, as I learned my lesson with some earlier expansions that we are not to expect Sims 2 quality anymore.

Anyways, I am frustrated with this pack. With the other branded packs, though there was a limited selection of items, they definitely had appeal to everyone. Think back to H&M, that had both really 'normal' looking outfits among the crazier ones, or IKEA, that had natural colored furniture among all the crazy Swedish trends.

I just don't understand why something so targeted is getting an entire 'promotional pack' rather than just a spot in the Store.
Profile
Darkslayer


Joined: 06/04/09 10:56 PM
Messages: 7473
Location:Aww...~ Kitty got wet
Offline

epicpaige wrote:
I just don't understand why something so targeted is getting an entire 'promotional pack' rather than just a spot in the Store.


I've wondered the same thing. I can only put it down to EA wanting to capitalize on the popularity of Katy Perry while preventing their design team from actually getting creative with the theme they have been given.

Eh they're going to start feeling the pain soon if they keep on like this, with all the crap EA has been releasing for The Sims lately they're saving me about £95. I didn't buy Showtime, I'm probably not going to get the magic EP if that's really the next one, I'm certainly not getting this and the Diesel SP looks extremely lacklustre too right now. That doesn't even include all the store content I won't be buying because it's not my thing.

So yeah EA, keep up the good work! My bank balance thanks you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/19/12 11:41 PM


Profile
christine400


Joined: 12/19/09 05:32 PM
Messages: 5660
Offline

GREENEYA wrote:
stormwench wrote:
joerosen62 wrote:Okay, this is EA's most stupid stuff pack in the sims 3. Again I can stop going on about how TS3's stuff packs are shallower than TS2's stuff packs. Is there any point to buying this SP? Why Katty Perry selling herself off to EA? I just hear about EA's new SP and at least it's more appealing than the Katty Perry SP. God, EA has lost it's touch with the sims a bit.
Comments?


It was confirmed by the gurus that KPST was not really a SP but a Promotional Pack to promote KP and it was endorsed by her for the increased price.

Diesel SP is what was really supposed to be the SP6 following EP6 (Showtime) but they side tracked it for a couple of months to get the KPST created and out for sale.

At least we now know that EA had not totally lost their mind with doing KPST and hopefully, as well as KPST is not being received they won't try a promotional pack again, not that we can't be sure they won't try promotional packs again but maybe a different celeb?

I just wish they had told us it was not the real SP6 in the cycle because some people that did not really like it pre-ordered it because they collect all the EP's and SP's and now wish they had the money for Diesel. If they do this again they should let people know up front its a promotion pack and then people will know that there is a "real" stuff pack coming along.

As someone who collects things sims and has all the SPs and EPs I felt bad that I was going to have to skip one but there was just no way to justify buying KPST just to register it and turn the icon from gray on my launcher. I was not even sure I would do that as I would have been embarrassed to have people see I bought it with it registered on my page so decided not to even do it for that. So I was so glad that the news came out about Diesel and what KPST really was. Now the grayed icon is a promotional pack and not a missed EP oe SP.

I don't think KP is selling herself off to EA at all, I think EA got talked into a deal they were not ever sure about and that is why KP is making money by EA charging more for the EP with her name on it and the SP. Another reason I did not want to buy it and why I did not buy the endorsed copy of Showtime was not to put money in her pocket.

She is using it to promote herself and because EA has her endorsement she gets paid. Obviously EA was not sure how well that would work and passed that cost onto the consumer. I am sure EA thought KPST would bring in lots of KP fans wanting to 'own part of her' by owning the SP but that might backfire when they realize they have to buy the base game to make it work.

It was an interesting try on EA's part, but that's the best I can say about it. WE may never see it as a free incentive to buy an EP in the future because any one that gets shipped or downloaded guarantees her royalties and if they were given away free then EA would have to pay the royalties/endorsement fee. I really hope EA rights this up to a poor idea for the future. I doubt many would buy into another promotional pack even if they liked the celeb since its basically a DVD full of selling the celeb.


That si not true.
It was confirmed by the gurus that KPST is mega stuff pack.

Every branded stuff pack is promotional ( H&M, IKEA, KPST, DIESEL ).

KPST is SP6, DIESEL is SP7.


i'd love to see a source please greenya


Christine<3
Profile
catloverplayer


Joined: 12/10/09 09:30 PM
Messages: 50597
Location:USA
Online

epicpaige wrote:I too am confused by this pack, and frankly a little peeved that this is being put out instead of something that appeals to the masses. Yes, EA has put out branded packs before (IKEA, H&M), but those had much more of a wider target audience than this pack. I mean, I'm a 19 year-old-girl (and probably what EA considers part of the target audience), and even I don't really like the idea of candy covered objects.

Again, as stated before, this is annoying to have everyone bashing us for a pack that we don't like. I think the pack is stupid, but I don't think the people who want it are. That being said, I think EA should have probably just released this as a collection in the Sims Store (as much as I depsise the idea of that even existing) because it has a small target audience.

Even if it's been pre-ordered out the wazoo, that just means that the target audience is ready to devour this sickeningly sweet pack up, but it does not say anything, in my opinion, about its popularity in the grand scheme of Sims fans. Perhaps people who are ordering this pack are already the type to pre-order their games, and Katy Perry gushing about the pack and wanting to dye her hair all the time in the preview video makes them want to pre-order it even more. I don't know.

I have never been one to pre-order, and I have every game from Sims 1 & 2. However, 3 has me waiting for reviews before I purchase ANYTHING now. I think many of the older players are this way, as I learned my lesson with some earlier expansions that we are not to expect Sims 2 quality anymore.

Anyways, I am frustrated with this pack. With the other branded packs, though there was a limited selection of items, they definitely had appeal to everyone. Think back to H&M, that had both really 'normal' looking outfits among the crazier ones, or IKEA, that had natural colored furniture among all the crazy Swedish trends.

I just don't understand why something so targeted is getting an entire 'promotional pack' rather than just a spot in the Store.


Maybe the store has something else planned. I mean they did just release an icecream maker that will work great with this set.

I wouildn't put it past the store to release a companion set to this stuff pack as they did with Showtime. June 7th new sets are out the same week as the Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack.

Heck they may even release a Candyfornia World. They only announced Lunar Lakes 2 weeks before it was released so they could do the same with a Candyfornia World.

I'm just guessing though. I don't know this to be fact. A set could target appliences and the bathroom that were left out of the stuff pack so you could see a candy theme fridge or shower. Again I'm just guessing and most likely this won't even happen but they did it with Showtime released new outfits for the new careers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/20/12 12:33 AM


The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Profile
catloverplayer


Joined: 12/10/09 09:30 PM
Messages: 50597
Location:USA
Online

An actual working premium content chocolate fountain has already been mentioned in a store survey. I know because I took it last year.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Profile
epicpaige


Joined: 07/29/09 01:22 PM
Messages: 93
Offline

catloverplayer wrote:
Maybe the store has something else planned. I mean they did just release an icecream maker that will work great with this set.

I wouildn't put it past the store to release a companion set to this stuff pack as they did with Showtime. June 7th new sets are out the same week as the Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack.



See, but I'm confused as to why this entire pack isn't just a multi-set kind of thing in the Store. Think of different types of sets we've seen in the store - Medieval, Magic, etc. They're the type of things where they were those strange eclectic items EA used to throw into each Sims 2 expansion (Think back to Freetime, where they just threw in some random themed sets full of junkyard-looking outdated objects). Some people might use them, but for others, in comparison to everything else in the Buy catalog, why not pick something else? See, EA used to throw in the niche objects among the mass appeal to make everyone happy. I don't think that's the case anymore, and it disappoints me.

Now don't get me wrong - I think the Candy theme could make a darling children's bedroom, or like you said, a Candy shop. Throw this all in with Ambitions or something, and it's stellar. People like myself that won't use it for much can be satisfied with what else is on the pack, and those who love it can make their own Candyfornia as you put it.

I might sound like I'm complaining (and I kind of am), but to me, this is the icing on the cake to what has been an increased unhappiness with what EA is sending our way for Sims 3. I feel like now that EA is trying to make money off of Katy Perry's 'brand', I'm stuck with furniture that will make my home seem like a creepy version of Hansel and Gretel.

You might be wondering why a lot of us are bitter over a sweet little candy promotional pack (get the pun?!), and I understand. But we're wondering if this is a new trend - of targeting only select audiences, and then leaving the rest of us out. I mean, with Showtime, they tried to target the Sims 1 crowd, but left us completely hanging with how empty the expansion was. I feel disappointed lately. This isn't doing anything to make me look forward to new releases.
Profile
catloverplayer


Joined: 12/10/09 09:30 PM
Messages: 50597
Location:USA
Online

Well believe me I would have no problem buying this set in the store if it wasn't a stuff/promotional pack.

I have to admit though that I do like Katy Perry's picture on the coverart but yes I would buy this if it was only a store set.

I think this is the last Katy Perry set we will be seeing. I doubt we'll see any other promotional packs in the sims 3 maybe the sims 4.

The one I'm hoping to see released is the party stuff pack that was mentioned in a poll. That's the one I want as it's suppose to be like the sims 2 celebration stuff pack. I'm not too excited about the upcoming Diesal Stuff Pack.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Profile
 
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: