Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
I hope they are working on Sims 4....  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Diesel
SugarRave

julienrob2004 wrote:
SumoB wrote:
Stumbleine wrote:Im pretty sure they'll have a Sims 4 and is in development. Perhaps they needed a better engine to run weather and seasons will be implemented in base Sims 4

I personally doubt weather will be included in basegame in sims 4, they will lose a lot of money !

Why would weather in the TS4 base game lose them money ? It might actually boost sales . There are plenty of other things to add through Ep's

IKR? Keeping weather away might be effective to tease consumers into keeping up with the franchise, but that kind of tactic only works for a short while. Eventually the consumers will start to give up on getting weather, and maybe even stop buying new games.

aaddd

I hope thay are planning to fix the sims 4 before itcomes out.becouse thay are not fixing the sims 3 much at all.

Cheating in games that you play offline is okay no harm done.the only way cheating in video games is wrong is whean people cheat on online games.
julienrob2004

aaddd wrote:I hope thay are planning to fix the sims 4 before itcomes out.becouse thay are not fixing the sims 3 much at all.

SimGuruGraham recently stated in a post he did that EA will NOT take programmers away from Ep's and Sp's to fix bugs . So if the bugs are not easily fixed then they will not get done .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/21/12 05:15 PM

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
MrHawk

julienrob2004 wrote:
aaddd wrote:I hope thay are planning to fix the sims 4 before itcomes out.becouse thay are not fixing the sims 3 much at all.

SimGuruGraham recently stated in a post he did that EA will NOT take programmers away from Ep's and Sp's to fix bugs . So if the bugs are not easily fixed then they will not get done .

This is entirely the wrong mentality for a company to have. What's the harm in delaying something to make sure it works?

niac1234

SumoB wrote:
Stumbleine wrote:Im pretty sure they'll have a Sims 4 and is in development. Perhaps they needed a better engine to run weather and seasons will be implemented in base Sims 4

I personally doubt weather will be included in basegame in sims 4, they will lose a lot of money !

Not necessarily. At least if The Sims 4 is anything like the Sims 3. Imagine how much easier it would've been to program the game to have weather rather than just add it one later. EP's are meant to add new content, not completely reprogram the game. Weather will recquire that because of the open neighborhood. Not only that, but when they add Weather to TS3, it's going to cause a lot of bugs because they have to reprogram everything. Every object, terrain, and sim in the entire virtual world will have to be redone in 3 more ways so that it can be fit into the season. And every objects, terrain, and sim in that world will have to change it's programming every 5-10 sim days. That's A LOT of work and it leaves A LOT of room for error, it's a lot different from the Sims 2 when they only had to do all of that for 1 lot. This is such a greater scale. So I dunno, it'll probably cost a lot less time, effort, and possibly money just to make the objects that way in the first place.

rachelmoody7

They're most definitely working on the Sims 4. I read somewhere it was set to come out in 2014. They've probably been working on it for a few years now. It takes a good many years to create a game. It takes Rockstar over 5 years to make the new GTAs. If they haven't started the Sims 4 yet, don't expect to see it until after 2016.
Karazara

Caitlyn2 wrote:These unoriginal, branded stuff packs are already very old. Was there even an EP between the Katy Perry and Diesel packs? I certainly hope EAs excuse is good. Where is our funky, original, silly EA content?

An entire stuff pack of candy isn't funky, original, or silly enough for you?

And there's only been two branded stuff packs so far (and neither has even been released yet). They're already very old? Neither of them are even out yet!

Come on, be a little more patient than that. The Sims 2 had 8 expansions and 10 stuff packs before Sims 3 came out. I for one am not ready for Sims 4 yet; there's still plenty they can add to this game before moving on.

(BTW EA's excuse is, enough people will want to buy these that they can make a profit selling them. Products do not need to have 100% approval to be profitable. But if there's something you want you feel you're not getting, feel free to tell them; if enough people ask and they believe it would be profitable to sell, they'll certainly consider it. BTW EA, if you're reading this: Seasons, University, and DIVING BOARDS, thank you!)
ChemicalGreen

niac1234 wrote:

Not necessarily. At least if The Sims 4 is anything like the Sims 3. Imagine how much easier it would've been to program the game to have weather rather than just add it one later. EP's are meant to add new content, not completely reprogram the game. Weather will recquire that because of the open neighborhood. Not only that, but when they add Weather to TS3, it's going to cause a lot of bugs because they have to reprogram everything. Every object, terrain, and sim in the entire virtual world will have to be redone in 3 more ways so that it can be fit into the season. And every objects, terrain, and sim in that world will have to change it's programming every 5-10 sim days. That's A LOT of work and it leaves A LOT of room for error, it's a lot different from the Sims 2 when they only had to do all of that for 1 lot. This is such a greater scale. So I dunno, it'll probably cost a lot less time, effort, and possibly money just to make the objects that way in the first place.

And then you have to factor in the way EA handles the expansion packs (at least for sims 3), ie. everything is treated separate with only minimum integration. All the stuff is developed for base game + current expack, with barely any thought given to what if player also has any other expacks. An example of this: The late night bars and showtime venues not overlapping if player has both packs. So if EA were to come out with weather for Sims 3, they would then also have to do all the programming for all items (from all expansion + stuff packs) AND for all future content, while also maintaining a non-weather version for those who didn't buy the weather expansion. The amount of contingency progaramming is mindblowing, which is why I believe the weather expansion (if ever released) coming in as the last expansion ever released for sims 3.

If they continue to treat Sims 4 expansions packs in the similar manner as they have done with sims 3, it would indeed be a whole lot of less headachy to just have the base game come with weather, even if only in the basic form of sunny, rainy, cloudy, snowy. These could then be further enhanced by addition of other weather based stuff, if wanted (rain of frogs, anyone?) or just go over to a completely new expansion concept, it's not like there's any shortage of stuff they could add to the sims.
heidi11576

I think if they cant make Sims3 fun which it really isnt then what can they do in Sims4? I used to play Sims2 ALL the time because it was so much fun..I hardly ever turn on Sims3...usually only play it briefly when I have bought a pack that I hope will make it better then I give up again till the next one lol
Axlorg89

.....................if u looked ha if not than ur smart...0.o.

i dont want the sims 4 due to me losing my packs for another version

Axlorg89

.....................if u looked ha if not than ur smart...0.o.

also this has nothing to do with diesel go to the general discussion

samsonkflai

rumor has it back then sims 4 is on "drawing board" but however they will finish releasing eps and sp's first for sims 3 before considering working on sims 4 but as for branding it's a marketing strategy I personally liked H&M and Ikea and if i recall from sims 1 there was a branded item in there from mcdonalds or something

julienrob2004

samsonkflai wrote:rumor has it back then sims 4 is on "drawing board" but however they will finish releasing eps and sp's first for sims 3 before considering working on sims 4 but as for branding it's a marketing strategy I personally liked H&M and Ikea and if i recall from sims 1 there was a branded item in there from mcdonalds or something

No work will already have started on 4

They started work on sims 3 just after the release of Sims 2 base game

I takes anything up to 4 years to programme and design a game properly and EA will NOT have a gap that long between 3 finishing and 4's release

They said when they made 3 that they started work on it just after the Sims 2 base game was released

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/24/12 04:56 PM

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
Ceres_Meiriona

I hope not OP! Mainly because I want EA to make all their mistakes in TS3 and learn from them (hopefully) so they won't be repeated in TS4! Plus, if I don't see snow before TS3 comes to a close I'm going to maul a midget!!!

Kendraaaaaaa

It didn't feel that long ago when TS3 came out, so I don't think it will take forever for expansions to come out. Since I remember clearly the day I saw this game in Target for the first time. I was like :O and bought it right away. I can't tell if your stating that you hate the branding. Since I think it makes the game more realistic and FUN!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/27/12 12:37 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Diesel
Go to: