Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Plav Raj, Croatia ~ New world ready to download!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
KazzJazz

It looks beautiful! I'm very interested in downloading but can't figure out how. Do I need software to open the zip file? Usually I get an option to extract files but that doesn't happen when I try to download this world. Does anyone have tips on how to download it?
Nilxis

GigglyMe wrote:Amazingly beautiful world!! I would download but I don't have Fastlane, . But regardless I love it!

Thanks, you can download without it anyway, I only used some items from Fast Lane, the world will still be playable for you

ZOMGeezers wrote:I tried downloading this, but my NortonAntiVirus kept blocking it from me - saying it was a virus... :o

Many people have downloaded the world with no problems, so I don't think you have any problems downloading it.

KazzJazz wrote:Do I need software to open the zip file?

Yes, I have WinRAR and works fine. You can download it here: http://www.win-rar.com/website/download.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/27/12 05:30 PM

KazzJazz

Thanks for the link! That worked and I was able to save it into where all of my other downloads are stored on my harddrive but it won't show up in the launcher so I haven't been able to install it. I tried doing a search to find the answer about that but no such luck yet. Any advice?
Remmo

ZOM, if the virus was Norton blocking the Fake Ap attack, that's quite commen on Media File.

It's not the world itself, rather a seperate virus is trying to carry through the host site, I think. Second time I tried to download, it was fine. I'm no techie though, so better to get an expert opinion
KazzJazz

Okay I don't know if this usually works or if I just lucked up but I tried double clicking the saved file and after a few seconds it started automatically installing. The water and beaches are beautiful and the houses all have creative architecture features, but it is that downtown area that blows me away!!! I can't adequately describe how awesome it is... and how did you get all of those gorgeous, expensive cars parked on the street?! That is one of my favorite parts! Truly great work - Thank You for sharing it!!!
HappySimmer3

KazzJazz - yes, I often save my sims3packs in my downloads folder (so I have an extra copy there) and install them by double clicking.

This world has blown me away, Nilxis! It's one of the most beautiful worlds I have ever seen! I had to think about whether to install it or not because I generally try to keep from using CC unless it's my idea. But I'm glad I gave this a try; it's simply stunning. I used Twallan's Traveler mod and sent my couple there on their 'honeymoon' for 5 days. Fabulous! I'm so glad you shared it here, thank you!

moefy

nice world moefy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/29/12 09:56 AM

Nilxis

KazzJazz - I placed the cars with SuperCAW, it allows you placing any in game object in CAW: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468279

HappySimmer - Thanks for giving it a try, and I'm glad you think it was worth! I'm so happy you are enjoying it and thank you for sharing this nice picture

Moefy - Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/29/12 12:18 PM

HappySimmer3

I still can't say enough about this beautiful world. Totally gorgeous! I also love the clubs and nectary that you made. My sims didn't quite get to visit everywhere in the five days they visited but I did try to take them one from one end of the map to the other.

I did experience a few hiccups that I wanted to share with you. Minutes after my sims landed at the Base Camp/hotel, the bookseller spawned inside one of the squares that encompass the palm trees on the pier area. So I went around with the hammer and knocked out one side in hopes of preventing any future lagging. It seems it's not a good idea to completely circle anything with fencing now because sims (including the animal kind) will appear just about anywhere and if they get stuck there will be lagging.

My sim also got some sinking along the pier the first time I directed her to fish there. I cancelled that action and moved her over then instructed her to fish and had no problems. It's difficult to say whether this was caused by routing or something in the world file or just my own game that had been up and running for a hour or so in a very populated home world. But I thought I would share that just in case anyone else may experience something similar.

I also had my sim try to purchase books from the bookseller but there was nothing listed to buy. I'll try that again when I revisit the world to see if that was just a temporary problem.

Those are just minor glitches as far as I'm concerned and I'm sure I will continue to love exploring this world more as time goes on. Nice work and thank you again.

Edited to add: I'll be posting some more pictures in the World Explorers thread on this forum in case you would like to see them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/29/12 10:51 PM

TetanicLake12

can you make this a sims3pack file? like really? my computer doesnt let me get package files;/ i dont know why. please respond if you can make a sims 3 pack file!
TetanicLake12

I literaly pulled out my hair when i figured out it was a package file !
HappySimmer3

It is a sims3pack. I'm guessing you mean you would like for him to upload it to the Exchange?

ETA: I downloaded the English version and it's a sims3pack. The cc is in a package file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/29/12 10:55 PM

TetanicLake12

that is very weird ! it says for me its a package file i want this world but i couldnt download it :'(
TetanicLake12

ahhh; nevermind! it working now. thank you for trying to help
HappySimmer3

The file has been condensed so it's in a .rar format. Once you download it you just have to use a program to expand it again and then you will see the sims3pack. If you don't know how to expand a condensed file (it's called unzip/unrar), maybe you can find someone more knowledgable to help you figure it out.

OK, glad you got it working.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/29/12 11:01 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: