Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Poor graphics underwater ?! ...  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Moodbeamy

I've noticed lots of lag in my game since installing IP this morning. I'm not sure if this is the expansion or the world of Isla Paradiso though; they did say it's the biggest world they've made, and not just that; the water is deeper to allow for the dive lots and you can actually see beneath the water whilst on top of it. So I have a feeling it's more the world causing the problems than anything else; I'm gonna *** into Hidden Springs for a while to see if it's laggy there too.

SimsVIP_Admin

Captobvs wrote:Maybe i need a new prescription but asterravos and SimsVIP pics all look good to me. I let GeForce Experience set all my settings. The only thing I changed on mine was to put Mirrors and Water and Lot Details down 1 settings from the highest. I have AR on.

They do look similar here on the thread, but in game there is HUGE! difference when I turn AR off. If you look hard enough, you can see the difference in clarity. Would you mind sharing your GPU settings? I would like to compare them to mine.

Another thing I noticed is that the underwater lots are super foggy, unless I zoom in. Very irritating to me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/27/13 07:40 PM

AussieAdoresSims

Mine is exactly what it should look like clear and prestine.
Captobvs

SimsVIP_Admin wrote:
Captobvs wrote:Maybe i need a new prescription but asterravos and SimsVIP pics all look good to me. I let GeForce Experience set all my settings. The only thing I changed on mine was to put Mirrors and Water and Lot Details down 1 settings from the highest. I have AR on.

They do look similar here on the thread, but in game there is HUGE! difference when I turn AR off. If you look hard enough, you can see the difference in clarity. Would you mind sharing your GPU settings? I would like to compare them to mine.

Another thing I noticed is that the underwater lots are super foggy, unless I zoom in. Very irritating to me.

Here is a snapshot of my settings: I use the NVidia GTX 650 GPU

Also this is a custom built machine so I have some of the latest hardware installed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/27/13 11:35 PM

StarlingGray

Alright, so I have the same GPU as Captobvs. I've finally been able to try scuba diving (cheated my Sim's skill level because I was tired of waiting ;P). At first I had the "slightly pixelated with Advanced Rendering On" issue like some of you do. I disabled AR, then turned it right back on, and the graphics stayed sharp. So, this MAY be a solution for some of you with that problem. Disable, then re-enable AR. It worked for me. I am fairly certain that the underwater lots are supposed to be a bit foggy until you zoom in close. Probably to avoid straining the graphics cards too much.

Here are some of my screenies:

For those of you having the extremely bad/blurry underwater graphics.. if turning your settings up doesn't help, your card may simply not be powerful enough to handle the detail.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/28/13 01:15 AM

I'll be Peter Pan, and you just be pretty.
sam123

I have this issue too!

Let there be OFB. We've waited long enough.
JoeHartman

sam123 wrote:I have this issue too!

Do you have Advanced rendering turned on? If you do, you should turn it off.
JoeHartman

Comparison from my game:

Advanced Rendering ON

Advanced Rendering OFF

Wilderwolf

But if you turn advanced rendering off, doesn't that make the rest of the game outside of the underwater lots look like utter crap?

Emjei12

Wilderwolf wrote:But if you turn advanced rendering off, doesn't that make the rest of the game outside of the underwater lots look like utter crap?

Right, that is why i'm choosing to have a crappy underwater than a crappy everything

Wilderwolf

Emjei12 wrote:
Wilderwolf wrote:But if you turn advanced rendering off, doesn't that make the rest of the game outside of the underwater lots look like utter crap?

Right, that is why i'm choosing to have a crappy underwater than a crappy everything

I can't imagine playing with terrible graphics just for a few good under water viewings. My underwater isn't even bad, I just wonder what it would look like with AR on.

JoeHartman

Actually I found something... When you're underwater and if you're having poor graphics, turn off the advanced rendering (do not quit the game, even if it warns you) Graphics will - as expected - instantly improve. But then, turn advanced rendering back on, and the graphics under-water will still remain good, aswell as the whole world!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/29/13 02:14 PM

StarlingGray

JoeHartman wrote:Actually I found something... When you're underwater and if you're having poor graphics, turn off the advanced rendering (do not quit the game, even if it warns you) Graphics will - as expected - instantly improve. But then, turn advanced rendering back on, and the graphics under-water will still remain good, aswell as the whole world!

Yeah, I posted the same thing above. It does work. And so far, I haven't had to turn it off and back on every time I load the game, either.. it seems to stick after the first time you do it.

I'll be Peter Pan, and you just be pretty.
Katnap

I did all these things suggested with AR off and on and I see no difference in my underwater experience. There are other issues in and out of game telling me I need a new graphics card, but this is the final proof to my husband that a new one is required.

So...I can run dual cards and have, but had to remove one that died. I prefer single if possible.

What is a good card out there that will work with Sims and others but not cost me $1k? Any suggestions? I currently have an AMD, but tend to prefer NVidia.
Taff1234

How do I check my graphics card ?

Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: