Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Do you guys ever bother with Formal, Athletic, Swimwear, and Sleepwear?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
ashcrash19

In terms of the clothing style itself, the color, accessories etc, I really take my time with everyday and formal, sometimes even swimwear. For the other ones, I just slap on something that matches, maybe changing a color or pattern real quick.

This is especially true when I'm making a sim in CAS, as I get impatient by the end and just want it 'over with.'

blacksheba1973

pr0x1ma wrote:I only dress my active household since I have to see them in every outfit. I rarely change townies...they only get an edit if they are beyond horribly dressed.

Oh, and I also dress sims that are potential lovers for my sims. My sims only get the best

Chemicalwibs

Darkling wrote:My sims have three outfits for each category and every stitch of clothing they put on is vital. I even match their fingernail color to match their outfits--I like to keep it classy.

*waves*

Hey Wibs, Sheba and Pink! Good to see you ladies!

Creaky2005

Since I envision a personality type for all my sims, all their outfits have to be picked out by me. My hipster/rebel sim has to wear sleepwear a rebel/hipster would wear. lol
zorba2357

I wish that when I put my sim in (formal, athletic, swimwear etc) that they would STAY in that outfit until I send them to the dresser to change.

Instead, as soon as they take a shower they change back into everyday wear automatically. I have to force myself to NOT spend every waking hour in CAS customizing the color and pattern on every catagory of outfit . And to sometimes just accept the colors it came in as default just so I can get on with actually playing the game.

mcrashlee

I love styling my sims! Sometimes I spend over 15 mins trying to meticulously style them. I spend more time on everyday wear & outerwear because those outfits are worn the most. I also tend to give them an outfit makeover every now and then because I get bored of seeing my sims in the same clothing.

As for townies - gosh it takes so much restraint for me not to change them all into a decent outfit (or give them 'plastic surgery'), but my computer has a hissy-fit every time I enter CAS.
CK213

Not only my sims, but any other sim that offends the senses.

my1helopilot

Usually I annihilate a whole town and populate it with Sims I have already customized including a complete wardrobe. If I decide to play with EA's Sims then every Sim gets a make-over. I usually stop with the everyday outfit unless it's a family or a Sim that I see often. I will gradually change things as I play but they age up so fast I really don't bother unless it's hideous.
stilljustme2

I check -- if the default isn't too hideous I'll stick with it, otherwise I change it (like when those Barnacle Bay pirate boots show up in swimwear). In Plan Outfit (on the dresser), I usually set three different everyday outfits (so my Sim isn't wearing the same thing every day), but then only one of the other categories though with Seasons/IP I'm giving my Sims both a regular swimsuit and a wetsuit depending what sort of swimming they're doing (regular suit for pools/hot tubs, wet suit for ocean swimming).

stilljustme2

zorba2357 wrote:I wish that when I put my sim in (formal, athletic, swimwear etc) that they would STAY in that outfit until I send them to the dresser to change.

Instead, as soon as they take a shower they change back into everyday wear automatically. I have to force myself to NOT spend every waking hour in CAS customizing the color and pattern on every catagory of outfit . And to sometimes just accept the colors it came in as default just so I can get on with actually playing the game.

I've come up with some colors/styles that I really like, so I make sure to save those to use with other Sims. One of my favorites is a sundress that was from the Store that had a green pattern, but I changed it to the pattern with the tiny hearts and it's perfect for Love Day. Here's one of my Sims wearing it while dancing with her husband:

GabbyGirlJ

I always pay attention to every outfit. That's one of the things I enjoy the most about this game, creating a complete character. Maybe I have an artsy rebel, or a romantic girly girl, a sporty tomboy, or a diva who is obsessed with zebra print. I just like to imagine what each character would wear in each situation, you know? It's fun to me. And since Seasons most of my sims have 2 outerwear outfits (fall and dead of winter snow gear) two sets of pjs (normal and cozy winter) and sometimes 2 everyday (normal and middle of summer).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/08/13 04:52 AM

"You're not as bad as everyone says you are."
SimsplyRuth

MrzNSmith wrote:I customize every outfit

I do also - I use my own patterns to re-color each article of clothing, then I need to also make sure the shoes, jewelry/other, hair also blend well.
adepaola95

HuckleberryHen90 wrote:
Chemicalwibs wrote:Same here. I even care about what the other townies wear, if I see someone in a mismatched and randomnized outfit I immediately take them into CAS and fix it. I'm such a control freak

I do this same thing quite often. If I see a hideous outfit, I always make sure to take them into CAS and fix them up with something nice.

This is why the stylist career in ambitions is fantastic! I get ridiculously controlling with it and obsessed with making sure everyone looks their best.

"Make a new athletic outfit"
No problem, how about an entire make over while you're here!
coocoosim

I take the time! Especially If I'm colour coding/ going with a theme
otherwise I'll find some character-suiting clothes and probably customize one or two aspects of the outfit

however, in game I don't really control what outfit they're wearing. It's normally just everyday unless something is happening or they change by themselves

*insert witty comment here*
bshag4lv

Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.

I make sure every CAS sim has 3 everyday and 2 of every other clothing category...and I do this for every season. I simply cannot have my sims going out into 90 degree heat with long sleeves.

*waves at Darkling* Hi honey! Have a happy week!

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: