Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My downloads wont download onto my sims 3 game launcher, any suggestions?  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Rune

Again, same problem. EA, what gives?! It starts to download then I just get the empty box and red error symbol. It's been several days for me as well. I hope someone is working on it, because I really want to use that Steampunk guitar.
theliteratesims

I am having the same problem. Items from the store will not download to the launcher; I get the 1kb/red/package thing.
GloomFire

theliteratesims wrote:I am having the same problem. Items from the store will not download to the launcher; I get the 1kb/red/package thing.

This is the exact same thing that happens to me. I've been trying to fix it for several days now but nothing has worked.
katsmasterplan

I would suggest to everyone to complain to EA but don't go altering your settings and things in any way as this is an EA problem. It was happening to me for days then today I turned my computer on and they just downloaded as normal! I would suggest report it to EA and just keep on trying, changing/deleting might make things worse.

Lottielorry

I'm getting the same problem. I bought with my sim points a few tops and hairstyles, and I click 'download' and nothing happens except the quick flash of the loading bar in the corner saying Java instaling or something. I installed all the updates,but when I try to download it it just freezes for a second, makes a loading noise to tell its doing something on the computer and then... nothing. Time and time again I check on the game launcher and nothing is there except what I downloaded a few months back. Weird.

Help.
theliteratesims

katsmasterplan wrote:I would suggest to everyone to complain to EA but don't go altering your settings and things in any way as this is an EA problem.

I second this idea. I just sent EA an email and included a screenshot of the problem. This forum has numerous threads about this issue, and the "solutions" others are offering reflect the ideas we users are the ones who need to fix something about our systems or progams when clearly the problem is of EA's doing; something's gone wrong between the store and Launcher.
lauras11

I downloaded a household and a lot to my lancher and that worked fine. But when I pressed install it wolud install and say "failed" or "try getting the newest software update" when i had the newest one. how do you fix that?
Kelbygrimm

do you need to be logged into the EADM because whenever it turns green and i click on it it says that it cannot detect a connection. EA needs to fix this because i'm really getting tired of looking every day to try and find a solutionn, if anyone knows anything else, i've tried everythng but i'm willing to try anything else. ugh!!!!!
Akumoelite

I don't know if this will help you guys. But I had to uninstall everything that involved The Sims 3. I couldn't even download the updates which was frustrating, and I couldn't download anything from the store. But I uninstalled, reinstalled and ran the game as an admin and now it works. I hope this helps, it helped me and I'm so happy! I've been waiting forever for this to work.

I wish you guys luck that are having problems.
Happyclouds

i am too!
hopefully it'll get sorted out somehow...
anberlinbabe

welll mine goes to the downloading screen but wont install, period. it's making me mad. :l
MichiganHoney

I'm also unable to install items purchased from the store.
I don't know if the problem is maybe the newer updates to the game or what. This is the first time I've tried to install anything since I did the updates weeks ago. But I know before that I wasn't having any issues.

I'm running Vista and trying to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR did not work for me.

I'm glad that I've only used my free sims points but this will definitely keep me from spending any real money on items in the store. What's the point if EA doesn't care enough about so many people having this problem to fix it?

I've also noticed that it will let me uninstall and install items I had previously downloaded. So I'm assuming from that this is a new issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/10/09 11:21 PM

rockinsinger

i keep downloading cool sims with awesome new hairstyles from the sims 3 exchange and the hairstlyes are the only things that dont go onto the game......... how do i get loads of cool hairstyles onto the sims 3 game!!!
Kayla97

TheHappySimmer wrote:Same for me!

I downloaded the Victorian Frill Shirt, and it says "Error occurred while downloading" in the game launcher, as soon as I click "Download" in the store; :/

Exactley the same for me! This is NUTS!

WHATS UP WITH THAT EA????
Zppy972

I would call the the customer support line I would also see if I could get my sim points back. I haven't had a problem and I download custom stuff from tsr but I would differently call the company by be they could create another patch also uninstall then reinstall

Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: