Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Crystalline Cove - Finally back on the exchange!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
SummerSong86

Writin_Reg wrote:Summer - I have all your info from the first page on your Mac - I showed it to my hubby and he is going to take it to work tomorrow and put his head together with their head Apple tech as my hubby is the head pc tech and see what's going on and what you need to make it not crash and have these freezes.

Now from you though there is not mention of you OS. Could you tell me the exact name of your operating system?

Sorry for the intrusion Gem, but maybe I can help Summer end this headache with her Mac and make her gaming experience more enjoyable. I have free access to pros so might as well try and help my dear friend here.

Thanks WR, I would appreciate that. I so rarely get any time to sit with my own husband to figure these things out. Even an attempt to help is appreciated even if it turns out nothing can be done except by EA. I do let the computer generate and send a report to Apple every time there is a failure, crash or I have to Force Quit out of the program. Apple does compile those reports and does something with them.

My Operating System is Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

I got your beautiful Sim and the handsome young man who is from your vampire story.

I'm going to go see how it goes for me in Lunar Lakes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/22/12 03:01 AM

I've left the community. No disputes involved. Goodbye and thank you to all the friends I met here.
geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Thank you Summer
Don't worry I understand your issues with the MAC and I hope you'll find a way to figure them out.
I wish I could help more as I'm considered computer savy by friends and family, but I'm completely clueless when it comes to MACs
These are beautifull pics
I'm glad ypou managed to see that lot and that you liked it so much
6 gigs of RAM should be more than efficient to run the world. Even Beth with 2 Gigs doesn't have so many issues. I can't believe EA hasn't yet fixed the memory leaks with the game since they affect MAC users so badly.

Reg , that would make perfect sence about the pizza delivery and the food trucks. I don't have any issues with other NPCs reaching my lot. I didn't have any issues with them even in Lothlorien Island even though they took a while to reach my lot. I've never ordered a pizza though in LI.
No worries by the way If you have any way to help Summer, go ahead and do so. I'm completely incapable of doing so myself, so any help that can be given from anyone else is most welcome.

Rukaya , I've noticed too, that Liam is getting very "social" lately. I keep getting him to often. I'm of the few people that want him in their game because they like him , but I started wanting to go ahead and torture him myself, as his regular appearences on here have started getting on my nerves.

xBanan, it's weird that the repairman never showed up for you , as that apartment is closer to the townhall than mine and he showed up fine for me. According to Reg, if he didn't show up for you , he shouldn't have appeared for me either.
Thank you for your kind words

Love, it's really weird that the frames didn't get borked in that ranch. I will delete all of them anyway though , just in case

I played for 2 sim weeks with no issues.
Mike and Gem went on a date to alienware

I had Ivan guard the house and a burglar appered first thing in the morning. Mike took care of him in no time and the police came and picked him up

Then Rei had to hold a vac clinic at the playground and I saw someone happily running to the theater to see "Bambi"

and right behind Rei, ALL the Gelding's horses came to watch...

I'm really sorry i'm linking pics, but I'me getting that "exeeds bandwith" thingy if i post them directly with all my pics and i have no idea how to fix this .. and no i'm NOT willing to go pro

I'll let Rukaya report back and I'll fix the issues if she doesn't find anything wrong. Or you guys thing I should wait a bit longer?

ETA: ok even by simply linking to the pics I get the same issue .. any ideas?
ETA2: My siggy is back. So probably my pics will be back as well at some point. Adding the IMG pics back then

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/22/12 03:38 AM

lovejoyriteia

So something really bizarre just happened: I decided to change things up a bit, and replace the lights in the kitchen and the lamp in the living room. The new lighting won't work; it's completely dark in the kitchen!

I've been slowing adding some CC back into my game, so I'll take some of the newer stuff out again and see what happens.

No, offense, Gem; I really love your decorating! I just have the attention span of a gnat, so I have to change things now and then.

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Love I don't think it has to do with the CC. I've noticed lately (after patch 1.29) all rooms are dark (even in comunity lots) unless a sim is in it. I don't know why It's kinda annoying really.

lovejoyriteia

Well, that's the problem; I have all lights turned onto Auto. So when a Sim goes into a room, the lights should come on; but they don't. I also tried turning on every light on the lot; every one of them came on -- except the new ones. The even weirder part is, if I quit the game and go back in, the new lights come on. ***???

I replaced the same lights in BETA I, with no problems. So I don't know what's happening.

geminiagre

Are those CC lights? any chance that a recent patch might have borked them?

lovejoyriteia

I don't have any CC lights. And the latest patch I did, 1.29, was months ago.

I hate to ask this, but can someone else test this before I tear apart my DL folder again?

ETA: I just looked on MATY, and it seems to be a random glitch. (It can be fixed by restarting the game or setting all lights to White.) Why it's suddenly affecting me now, I have no idea.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 02/22/12 05:05 AM

SummerSong86

Sorry I don't mean to barge in Off Topic but I didn't know where else to ask Reg, WR, does your sim Felicity have tattoos? I was wondering because she loads up with pitch black skin, and according to what I read it's either due to CC, which I believe you don't use, or tatoos borking the data. I think I can fix her if it's just the tatoo.

Okay edited to update she is back to normal. I followed Jasumi's instructions on fixing blackened sims. I think I was just missing an item of clothing she was packaged with. I fixed her.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/22/12 06:40 AM

I've left the community. No disputes involved. Goodbye and thank you to all the friends I met here.
Writin_Reg

Summer - I got your OS info and added to Petes notes. I can't guarantee anything, but I figured it does not hurt to ask. Pete and Brian are working together in the office today upgrading the office sooo might as well take advantage of it.

Yeah, Felicity may have gotten her moms skin which is Ladyfrontbum nice skins and naughty faces. It is the only CC I use, but you can put her back in CAS and use EA's light skin, take off her hair and then reapply it, and it will fix her face skin. I thought she had her dad's skin as she looked the same color as he was. Her mom had a slightly rosier colored Lady frontbum. I made her in CAS though crossing those two sims until I got her basics then sculpted her. But I have never had any problem recoloring using the EA skins which would be the fairest one on the top row I believe.

I rarely use the frontbum skins, but have to keep it in my game because I have sims with it that came from Bear Mountain Sims for all my Sims 2 world remakes. I am not recoloring 120 sims. hehehe Her mom was from one of those sims but her dad was a Sim generated in Hidden Springs a while back and when I could finally put sims back into CAS I snatched him up.

Gem - the junk yard is no longer trapping anything. I have watched for two nights (our time, about 5 weeks their time) now and no more sims kids or foals. Birds and rodents and bugs are the only thing I see spawning there and they are not a problem.

Lovejoy - suggestion - in Options check and see if lighting and shadows are on high. If they are turn it down to medium as high uses mega amounts of resources and may trigger that glitch. It is not necessary to ever use high (in lighting and shadows) in this game unless you take a lot of movies. You will need to restart the game once you change that setting, but it may stop that glitch from roaring it's angry head.

I have no answer on the repairman, but I do know ever since we have had apartments a lot of people report the repair guy doesn't show - so it may just be an apartment thing. I had trouble with him when I played that first day in Bridgeport showing at some places and not at others. I was playing the Vampire family and could never get him to show at that Penthouse. I used to just keep replacing the equipment as they had enough money. But I would guess it has something to do with the info on apartments compared to houses - especially if you are in the downtown areas. It's only a guess though.

Gem tonight played flawless. I played at least 3 or more days in 10 different families just to check out their routing - including a couple of the apartment and two of the ranched - the Long Barn ranch and the ranch with 4 or 5 bedroom. I also played the singles I have in the Mes house you are using and tried for pizza twice - no pizza. I tried for pizza at the orphanage household I have living in the Child care lot and they got Pizza both time. My apartment families never got their pizza and they live right around the corner from the Orphans - so it's the Pizza dude just being weird. Then I had my sim in the 1 bedroom starters get pizza, no problem, he came every time in 2 different houses. Went back to Socialite in the mansion, she never got her pizza and tried 3 times, but she did get a repair guy. In her case it might have been the ice cream truck interfering as all three times she had the pizza wish the stupid ice cream truck was sitting in front of her house.

So as far as I can see I think I have checked all over the map and it all looks good to me. But I would get rid of all the electronic pics as it is you don't need anything that nay or may not give this game an excuse to pitch a fit. The instability factor on some pcs just tell me it is a headache you don't need. If peeps want those pictures they can put them in their own houses. It is one less possible problem you don't need.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/22/12 07:40 AM

Writin_Reg

Good. It was the skin I am almost positive, but that is the beauty of Ladyfrontbum it is compatiable with EA skin. It is the trouble when the game does not warn you if the sims you are using in CAS has the EA or other skin on it. But of the skins that is the only skin I have never had trouble with the sims or changing them to EA. I guess I assumed she would get the EA skin when I crossed her parents as like I said she had the same skin as her dad color wise, but obviously got moms base. They used to do that in Sims 2 also and used to make me mad because they were not easy to fix in sims 2 with Body shop. You had to remake the whole sim in body shop. CAS is way better.

Oh you got the Ully boy right. He has some great genes. He looks just like his dad Sam Ulley. Both parents are indeed from my Twilight game I have been playing in my Forks, WA world. I got Sam Ulley from modthesims a while back and the mom Emily I got from a simmer here a while back.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/22/12 07:54 AM

Writin_Reg

Gem you may need to delete some of your old pics from your account - that is what that means is you have exceeded the bandwidth of what they allow for free. So any pics you no longer have need of get rid of them from your albums otherwise you'll end up needing a pay account. At least that has been my experience.

lovejoyriteia

Gem: I played for a few hours again tonight; the pizza delivery completely slipped my mind. I saw some Townies and a taxi. Irene rode Lady to the Horse Ranch, where Lady used the Race Training posts. Piper rode Beau to the Equestrian Center and took a Riding class.

Sherlock caught an Anchovy at Blue Lagoon Beach and saw an NPC Mixologist there. Then he went to the Nectary; at least one Uncommon seed had spawned on the lot. He tasted some nectar, then bought some from a rack and the NPC Merchant.

In the upstairs bathroom, I didn't have any luck bathing the dog, until I replaced the tub and shower with a shower/tub combo. The jump obstacles (at home) needed repositioning. So far, I can only get the horses to use two of the obstacles; I'll play around some more with the third, then try to get a screenshot of the setup.

Reg: Thanks for the tip; I'll definitely turn those settings down next time I play.

xBanan

@Summer.
If the problem is the memory spam in the game, I know something that might help you. There is a mod you can download. It will stop your sims from getting automatical memories at all, you can also choose to only get the important memories. I use this mood in my game and it works perfectly fine.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=446281
geminiagre

Summer that was def a CC skin issue. CC creators advice to let people know when their sim is using a CC non replacemnt skin when uploading, as if the downloader does not have that skin , or the person who has that skin deleted it , all the sims using it will turn charcoal. I used to have some Ladyfrontbum skins my self, and when I deleted it, all the sims using it turned charcoal black.

Reg I have a diff way to fix those sims. I simply clone the sim in CAS and the clone has a default skin. So i delete the original and keep the clone. However I have no idea how to fix this if the sim with the problem is already in the world. I think your way works for both situations.

I'll add the pizza guy and repair guy issues on the known issues list.

I've deleted a lot of my photobucket pics, even whole albums, but it doesn't seem to be fixed Maybe it takes a while to do so

I'll go in CAW later and fix the remainning issues , including deleting the frames.

Love , the obstacles are mostly there to take space, as all of those lots are close to the horse ranch. That's why i've only added the small ones. If someone wants to have more types hey can add them, but I'm not getting into trouble to try and fit the bigger ostacles myself, as it's quite a pain in the bagk to fit them AND keep them function properly.
I have no idea why you were having issues bathing the dog.I have a similar layout in SuperMes bathrooms and they had no issues bathing their dog, but I'll try rearranging that one anyway. Do you have any issues with the 1st floor bathroom?

xBanan I don't know if that mod will help Summer, as she is getting hard freezes even before her sims start having memories. But she could try it anyway.

Rukaya

Gem, been playing a bit while watering the yard. Here is what I found:At the snitch house, they received pizza. As you know the digital pictures are a problem easily fixed.
At 9 Coral Cape Apt, the Starlight Apt. No pizza delivered. In kitchen, in order to use stove I had to remove the 2 cupboards over the stove. The one over the hot beverage maker was fine. I don't know how I missed that before. Also removed digital pictures.
At the Laurance Manor; No pizza delivery. The bathroom off the red Bedroom had a problem with the shower. I found that by reversing the position of the shower with the hamper fixed it. I also used the Ele Gance shower so it would look better in that location next to the sink. The other bathroom worked fine. In order to place a computer on the desk in the study, I had to remove the lamp and then place it on the other side of the computer.
So far everything seems to be OK. I noticed that La Fiesta apt is no longer at 3 Coral Cape.

I will play some more in a little while and check some more things.
My typing is really messed up today.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/22/12 07:36 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: