Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
It's Elemental! A CAS/design contest! All gifted! :D  XML
Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Cat0Eye

Still working on it!

Its okay, be simful
shogunfish

Got the links for the two houses that weren't showing up at first.

vgmusicbookworm

MissE, i re-exported my sim again and the same thing happened, the hair renames the strings (probably due to the way i have my store items installed.) I could upload the new one for you, but it is the exact same thing as the one i had already linked to. What are your ideas?

*Hey! Listen!
oiswise

Hello, I am sooo sorry for causing more work. But I have changed my sim and her home.

Wow there are so many AMAZING entries! Thank you to everyone envolved in making this contest possible. What a great theme! I have had so much fun with this contest!!

Thank you for the "gentle nudge" to expand my comfort zone.

18 edits later, my entry is DONE (Unless something comes up in one of the Custard Checks *** cringing at the thought! ***

The new links are up at long last(''the launcher was being a huge pain) and the pictures reflect the new versions of my Earth Element Entry, Eve Gardener and her PARADISE ON EARTH home.

Eve Gardener's traits were a HUGE departure from my "go to" traits. I couldn't stop playing her. The more things I did with Eve, painting, traveling, earning points, becoming a 5 star chef, etc... The more her home changed. Her and roommate's paintings grace the walls. There are fun things from or inspired by her trips that were added to the home.

In addition to the home, two of her outfits were changed as I played her longer and "got to know" her better.

I took hundreds of pictures following her around and hours pouring over them deciding which ones to post.

I hope everyone else is having as much fun with the contest their creation(s) as I have.

Good luck too all, O

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/13/12 04:08 AM

MissElpheba

Oiswise - all checked and fine. You have been busy with her!!

Faoiltearna - thanks for the new entry - all checked and fine.

mudmittens1 - the new uploads are fine. All is good now.

vgmusicbookworm - I checked your entries in the launcher and they weren't bringing up any CC, so I'm presuming that it must be to do with how you manage your store content. There's no point in reuploading something that's exactly the same, and I'm satisfied that nothing untoward came into my launcher. However, when I came to uninstall it, the package "couldn't be found" according to the launcher. I've since noticed that marystarbright said the same thing when she downloaded and checked it earlier. Very wierd...any idea as to why it might be doing that?

shogunfish - some stray CC has crept into your sims hun:

Aqua, Breeze and Pele all have a piece of lingerie attached to them. On Install the item is called S2S lingerie. Breeze also has "4 inch court shoes" attached. Pele also has Fine Line Eyeshadow by MissDaydreams@TSR attached. Finally Terra has GLOEarings attached. I've taken screenshots of my installed section of my launcher if it would help you to see and catch the content, let me know if it would help to see them.

To those that asked, yes the contest is still open and there's plenty of time to sign up and get an entry in.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/13/12 07:13 PM

oiswise

Thank you for already updating and checking. On the front page the link for lot is wrong.

The link for the lot should be http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5340091#

I have had a blast getting to know Eve. She and the contest were super great at distracting me from nightmare that was my life for a few weeks. The storm has past, its sunny and warm. but I know where Eve is should things go crazy again. Thank you so much again, this contest is such an inspired idea.

Crossing fingers the lot passes the Custard Test too.

So amazing all the different directions that were taken with the same starting with the same house!!! Good luck to all!

Hugs to any who need or want one, O
shogunfish

Okay. I'll double check their make-up and stuff. Thanks for letting me know.

shogunfish

So I double checked all of my entries, none have CC. I'm not quite sure why it says they do, because they don't. Either way I checked them, changed my Water entry's sleepwear from a store item to a Late Night item, changed my Air entry's sleepwear from a base game item to a different base game item, changed my Fire entry's eyeshadow, and couldn't figute out what to do with my Earth entry. But I re uploaded all four and put the new links on the forms.

oiswise

This is such an amazing contest... it deserves to be on the FRONT PAGE.

Hope every has a great day!
MissElpheba

shogunfish wrote:So I double checked all of my entries, none have CC. I'm not quite sure why it says they do, because they don't. Either way I checked them, changed my Water entry's sleepwear from a store item to a Late Night item, changed my Air entry's sleepwear from a base game item to a different base game item, changed my Fire entry's eyeshadow, and couldn't figute out what to do with my Earth entry. But I re uploaded all four and put the new links on the forms.

Hi hun. Sometimes CC is sticky and doesn't show on the sim, but travels with them - ask some of the other contestants! CC can be a pain like that. I'm away most of today and have only had time to check them in custard, but it looks like the same stuff is "sticking" to your sims. I've included the images from yesterday's shots I took in my launcher.

CC included (not necessarily visible on your sims): I only ever install one sim ata a time and then immediately check for the CC. As I have no CC apart from the rainbow skins and hair mentioned above, I know for sure that the below noted CC comes directly form your sims.

Earth - note the earings

Fire - note the lingerie and the eyeshadow (FYI - I believe the eyeshadow is fixed in your new upload, but the lingerie is still there)

Air - note the lingerie and shoes

Water - it's that same sticky lingerie again

Both the lingerie and the shoes are listed on Crinrict's list of Bad CC - see this link for more info: http://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html

Crinrict has a support thread to help get rid of this CC - see http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page

I hope this has been helpful - I am trying my best to give as much feedback on the CC as possible, as I would like to keep my contestants and because it's a good chance to learn a little more about how CC works. I really hope you can find and eliminate this pesky CC.

goddess0676sm

Miss E ~ Do you want the lot uploaded by itself, or with the sim already moved in? I have seen entries uploaded both ways. I'm sorry if this has already been addressed. Thanks.

MissElpheba

goddess0676sm wrote:Miss E ~ Do you want the lot uploaded by itself, or with the sim already moved in? I have seen entries uploaded both ways. I'm sorry if this has already been addressed. Thanks.

You can upload the sim with the lot if you want hun, but I'd also like a separate entry either for the sim or the household, if you've already added skills etc to him/her.

vgmusicbookworm

MissElpheba wrote:
vgmusicbookworm - I checked your entries in the launcher and they weren't bringing up any CC, so I'm presuming that it must be to do with how you manage your store content. There's no point in reuploading something that's exactly the same, and I'm satisfied that nothing untoward came into my launcher. However, when I came to uninstall it, the package "couldn't be found" according to the launcher. I've since noticed that marystarbright said the same thing when she downloaded and checked it earlier. Very wierd...any idea as to why it might be doing that?

sorry, i haven't a clue why it would be doing that. Maybe someone who's better with problems like that might be able to help. >.<

*Hey! Listen!
oiswise

Thank you in advance for helping me with the following problem.

The link listed on page 1 for my lot is wrong it should be: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5340091#

Currently the list of entries on page 1 has sim link fine it is going to my "household" (Eve with Skills, Star points, and inventory).

The lot link goes to my sim (sent from CAS)

I have had a blast with the contest. Thank you so much again, this contest is such an crative idea.

Crossing fingers the lot passes the Custard Test too.
I hope everyone is having the best day possible, O
Kayla_Elaine

Wow! 21 pages! I can't wait to get caught up

Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Go to: