Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Odd Couple - A Couples Modeling Comp [Scores and Final Assignment are up!!!]  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Gleeky321

mbhoban wrote:Seen it

I just have one question. Does it have to be a well known song? Because I have this one in mind and it's by some youtubers that have an EP on iTunes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MStFOr2BI40&feature=relmfu

It sounds like a song to me but I would just double check with the other judges

crimsonsunsets22

Gleeky321 wrote:
mbhoban wrote:Seen it

I just have one question. Does it have to be a well known song? Because I have this one in mind and it's by some youtubers that have an EP on iTunes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MStFOr2BI40&feature=relmfu

It sounds like a song to me but I would just double check with the other judges

Hey, I have a couple minutes to post. That's fine, just post a link to the song with your assignment for judging purposes.

CookieDough987

Assignment Four
Blair and Finn

Please Judge Full Size

Blair’s POV

Ever since Finn and I became best friends in high school, I always encouraged him to go outside and breathe in the fresh air. We would play tag in the park, climb trees in the forest and swim in the ocean on our days out on the beach. Whenever we tired, we took refuge in a pavilion near the beach where pink flowers grew and there was a beautiful sight of the lighthouse. That has always been our special place.

Hours of make believe playing in the sun
Dreaming with wonder, "What would we become?"
My best friend cold in my hand
We'd run by the sea through castles of sand

Finn’s POV

One day when we visited the pavilion, we saw that somebody left behind a radio which was playing a song I had never heard before. I was swept away by this incredible song and sat quietly and listened. At the end of it, I saw Blair with tears in her eyes. She said how much the song related to their friendship and she wished it would never end. Now, we visit there every Saturday evening and play the song on that same radio. After a long day of work and play, we drift off to sleep in that special pavilion.

Once in a forest just like Robin Hood
Flowers were our playmates we only saw good
In everything be it right or wrong
Once in a garden I still can hear our song

Can you hear our song?
Can you hear our song?

(Once in a Garden by Blackmore’s Night)

Song can be found here.

ColorMePink

Location: Call me Vid, Pink, ColorMePink, but DO NOT call me crazy! Do I look crazy to you?

Wow Cookie that looks amazing!

I'm about to go work on mine. Will definitely have it in before Wednesday hopefully.

CookieDough987

Thank you, Pink! I'm starting to think the due date should be extended since it's two days till the assignment is due and half the people haven't seen it...

ColorMePink

Location: Call me Vid, Pink, ColorMePink, but DO NOT call me crazy! Do I look crazy to you?

Yeah. She might have to with how things are going.

Edit: Nvm. LOL I think I'm taking a chance with this, but....

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 05/22/12 03:31 AM

ColorMePink

And I will make sure to keep my distance,
Say I love you when you're not listening,
How long, can we keep this up, up, up?

Our song isn't really a love song. It didn't happen instantly. I started off liking him when we were young, but he was too young to understand. To immature to see his best friend as anything more than a friend. When we grew up I moved on only to get my heart broken over and over again. He was my sholder to cry on, but not even realizing it our roles had reversed. The longing looks and hints he gave were all there, but I ignored them. I was afraid to mess up what we had. What if my heart would be broken again? Who's shoulder would I cry on then?

Please don't stand so close to me
I'm having trouble breathing.
I'm afraid of what you'll see, right now.

And I keep waiting
For you to take me
And you keep waiting
To save what we had.

I'll give you everything I am,
All my broken heartbeats.
Until I know you'll understand

And I will make sure to keep my distance,
How long, can we keep this up, up, up?

Then one day my heart was shattered into thousand little peices and he came to put my heart back together again. He stood there hiding a bouquet of roses behind his back. I said "What do you want Arnie?" and he told me all he wanted was to see me smile. So I did and I realize I can't keep running away....

Make sure to keep my distance,
How long, 'til we call this love, love, love?

Christina Perri "Distance" (without Jason Mraz): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQ7W9gtjq0
Lyrics: http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858868759/

The other version with Jason Mraz if you're interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qX-EHUIwQ4

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 05/22/12 04:26 PM

CookieDough987

That's very creative, Pink! It's not the usual route somebody would take for this assignment and it really works!

crimsonsunsets22

Hey guys! I love the entries so far, they're both lovely! And yes, I think I am going to extend the deadline for this. I've still got a couple people who haven't seen the assignment yet, and it's supposed to be due tomorrow, and I don't want to have 5 people be eliminated in one round. Plus we've already got a bit off schedule, so now would be a good time to get a bit back on track, soooo how 'bout we make this due Saturday at noon, and scores and the next assignment will be posted later that day or the following day.

CookieDough987

I really hope more people see the assignment now... I've been trying to bump up this thread... At least they have more time now...

ColorMePink

Now I think its too creative. I would do it over if I could. Like really can I? Lol kidding mostly. Just freaking out as usual.

I hope everyone gets to turn their assignments in now. Saturday sounds good.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/22/12 06:14 PM

kayndekayne

Today was a fairytale
You've got a smile that takes me to another planet
Every move you make everything you say is right
Today was a fairytale

Today was a fairytale
All that I can say
Is now it's getting so much clearer
Nothing made sense until the time I saw your face
Today was a fairy tale
crimsonsunsets22

ColorMePink wrote:Now I think its too creative. I would do it over if I could. Like really can I? Lol kidding mostly. Just freaking out as usual.

I hope everyone gets to turn their assignments in now. Saturday sounds good.

No such thing as too creative! It's fabulous, no worrying, 'kay?

I hope so, too. Got almost half of 'em in now.

Yours looks great, Amy! I'll add it to the front page when I get home tonight.

ColorMePink

lol ok. Just so much talent in this comp. Makes me nervous, but I love it!

And OMG another awesome entry!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/22/12 11:31 PM

Cuddles1998

Sorry, used my cousin's account..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/23/12 01:06 AM

Hiya! This is Cuddles54227!

Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: